Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by deflave
There is absolutely nothing wrong with killing feral cats and there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting pictures of your dead feral cat either.

This is just another example of PC gone insane.
Travis

Travis,

She's a DVM. She has been trained in how to kill animals and what constitutes legal and ethical killing. She violated ethical practice by arrowing the cat. Anything but Sodium penta-barb IV would be open to question by the board. The board has little leeway in it's action in her case.

Personally, I have no problem with her shooting the cat with a bow or anything else for that matter. I have no sympathy for her getting hauled before the board and losing her license for being stupid enough to post that picture though. She had to know what would happen if it got back to the board.

As for the idiots on here who let their cats run loose so they can kill mice:

You know full good and well that people use poison to kill mice. You know cats eat mice, maybe not all they kill, but they all eat some of them. No small number of cats die from warfarin poisoning. Not as enjoyable as lead poisoning, but the fact it works is comforting though.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
S,S,S. Not to bright to post it ANYWHERE on the internet nowadays.

says it all, right there

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MILES58

She's a DVM. She has been trained in how to kill animals and what constitutes legal and ethical killing. She violated ethical practice by arrowing the cat. Anything but Sodium penta-barb IV would be open to question by the board. The board has little leeway in it's action in her case.

I'm not familiar with the oath they take but I don't see how arrowing a feral cat is illegal or unethical.

Wouldn't that mean that vets can't hunt?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

people are bitching about using an arrow?

Hippocrates used to club them with a snake clued to a stick.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got 3 cats. All indoors, all fixed, all of good disposition.
Litter box is in garage, cats go through little door to get there.

Won't have a mean or messy animal.

My oldest cat is almost 18. Gorgeous Himalayan. Been a wonderful pet.

Know what that means?

Yeah, I'd shoot her last.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Did the vet in question use a broadhead or a field tip?
The latter might be grounds for trouble.

I used to hunt ground owned by a vet. He told me everybody dumped ferals there thinking he'd take care of them. He told me what ones were his, and to shoot all the others.

Even said it OK to pop a couple of mean neighbor dogs that ran loose, just be sure to kill them, not wound them so he'd have to repair them later.

All those dumped cats, brought in coyotes. Stray pop was eaten, as were his own cats. One snatched off the deck while his kids watched from inside. Of course I arrowed a coyote the next day.

Knocked on the door and asked if he wanted to open it to check for his cat. He about flipped out! Pretty damn funny it was.

He just stammered and said "no no no, just haul it away".

Think he was stunned, since he told me the day before to kill any coyote I saw, and I smoked one........with my recurve.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hookeye seems normal.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
A barn/farm cat is not a feral cat.

Dave

Is this the trophy (cat)pic thread?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yep.

Clark

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
barn cats are just that.they have the run of the farm. i can and do walk up and scratch them once in a while. if the go wild where i can't approach them they are feral cats. they go to the great mouse house via a 22 mag.
don't want a house cat because i feed birds and the sob's will hide at the base of the feeder and git my birds. the barn cats know that starlings(rats on the wing) are fair game but don't come to the house.
once in a while someone gets the bright idea that they can drop off a cat and Mr. farmer will take it in. i do. in a bag on the way to the ditch where the dead critters on the farm end up.
by the way , that slough is a great place to pop yodel dogs too!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,058 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.