-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had been getting robo-calls about which delegates to vote for. So that tipped me off about the need to figure out which ones I wanted. A little Internet research showed which I wanted. There was a fellow who came out of the booth in front of me and offered those wanting a list of the delegates and who they supported, not sure if that was allowed, no one said anything to him. Also fairly rural here, I was number 327 at 6 pm and had to wait, it seemed like a big turn out for a primary. As for smart phones, I don't have one and was too dumb to known it was needed wink

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Voting needs to get online, it is about the last thing to get there.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I had been getting robo-calls about which delegates to vote for. So that tipped me off about the need to figure out which ones I wanted. A little Internet research showed which I wanted. There was a fellow who came out of the booth in front of me and offered those wanting a list of the delegates and who they supported, not sure if that was allowed, no one said anything to him. Also fairly rural here, I was number 327 at 6 pm and had to wait, it seemed like a big turn out for a primary. As for smart phones, I don't have one and was too dumb to known it was needed wink

Yeah, I probably would have been more aware if I listened to all the robocalls, but I hang up on them immediately. With call ID, if I don't know the number I don't even pick it up. If the caller is an actual human, they can leave me a voicemail and I'll call them back. I think I actually NEED to call someone back about 1% of the time on my home phone (I use my cell for the majority of my phone usage). I would guess in a normal week I get maybe 10 calls, if that, to my land line, and usually none are anything but robocalling asking me to refinance a student loan I never had, get new car insurance, or telling me I've won a Disney vacation in a contest I never entered. Boy, that Do Not Call list is working out great.....

So I could have been better prepared, for sure, but it wasn't impossible to figure out. If they hadn't put the printed ballots out for us to look at prior to going into the booth, I would have been caught unaware, however. And that's on me for not knowing.

On the other hand, I may simply not be remembering things right, since usually the PA primary doesn't mean much (being comparatively late int the spring, usually things are pretty well wrapped well before we vote)......but I don't ever recall voting for delegates in the past. But I may just not be remembering it right.

I arrived at the township building around 5:30, voted well after 6, and I was number 503. And there were a lot behind me.....first time I've seen the line out the door for a primary.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by tddeangelo

Now, I can see some being confused by this, as I don't ever recall seeing this on a primary ballot in the past, so I'm sure people showed up unprepared to select delegates by name.

There were no candidate representatives anywhere to be seen, and nothing was given to link any delegate to any candidate. I had to find that on my own, but it was not a very difficult task.

We expect people to show up to vote with their smartphones so they can research the web to figure out who the hell they're actually voting for instead of actually printing it on the ballot, and that's OK.

However, expecting a person to show up to vote with some form of ID is an insurmountable burden that'll destroy democracy as we know it.

No argument there... I had my license out, no one cared. For all the 95 yr old woman who signed me in would know, I could have been from Florida. All I had to do was give a name that's on their rolls (and all property owners' names are conveniently available on tax mapping data on the web) and sign on the proper line and off I went to vote.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 70 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,175
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.