Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yup. Brian Pearce is a big fan as well and has written a couple of articles abut the round.

The abundance of accurate 6.5 slugs alone is a big draw for me. Hope the minis that Darrick's getting in are priced right for an old fat man on a fixed income!

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Soon! We should have some in May -- or at least that's what I was told!

Hoping that crate has some 7.62x39s in it, too.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Suppose this may be best to entertain the idea of the Grendel bolt action in a new thread. I do look forward to reports back on how folks are liking their Howa Grendel's This fall. Some talk of the Grendel or the 6.8 SPC being guns for the ladies or those short in stature or elderly.

Well I never felt under gunned in the last fall deer hunting. Perhaps I fall in the category of elderly as I am over 50.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There is roughly a (1)gr "difference" in case capacity,between a fhuqking POS 6.8SPC and a Grendel...though COAL benefits are ALL Grendel,as is BC,drop,drift and Oooomph,along with vastly superior brass. Hint.

In a Krunchenticker I'd want to be 243LBC/6Grendel,call it what you like. ASC 105 smooches are easily arranged and a .530BC at 2500fps+ in a 18" rifle gas spout,do not suck. Hint.

Things can only get better in a boltgun.

NOONE with a single fhuqking clue,would touch a 6.8SPC with a 10-foot fhuqking pole,over the 243LBC. It shoots much better boolits faster,with less recoil,less drop,less drift and for less jingle,as 105 Hornie HPBT's are under 20 Clams a can.

In a bolt gun,I'd rather drive a 1-8" or faster 270 with 105's at 2500fps+,in a less than 20" spout. Logistics alone,nearly makes it free. I'll "suffer" the slight subtension change of perspective on the windshield,to circumvent the 6.5Grendel's case capacity and BC advantages,while shooting for less than half the price. I'd want the 243LBC there,over Grendel or SPC and by lightyears...but it's 270 as an EASY 1st choice.

Factoring Krunchenticker COAL confines,it's 243LBC all the way,as the 270/105's can't play there.

Schitty boolits,in schitty case designs is tough to swoon.

Hint.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In the case size and ar platform the 6.8 is the hunting king. Only a paper puncher is interested in cases that hold 30 grns of powder for anything past 500 yards and 500 is pushing it. Your wows of shimming bases on Montanas in 6x45 to shoot 1500 yards entertain soft headed want2bees. You and I both know it. Ps you suck at life so spend the day hiding from people and play with your guns sugar tits.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bcraig
The 6.8 is an excellent performer on deer size game. Lots of hunting bullets in the appropriate weight for the cartridge too.

It's a perfect round for recoil sensitive hunters and a great choice for youth hunters. It needs to be in a bolt gun...and someday it will happen again.

Im not a Savage fan, but the Lady Hunter is a perfect platform for the cartridge -- shorter LOP and a raised cheek piece to help get shooters properly behind the scope.

While a bolt rifle would be fine it seems to me that the AR platform would be great for anyone youngsters as well.
Adjustable stock,Light weight,short,and recoils less than a bolt rifle in the same caliber,especially with the mid length gas system.

I agree 100%. In fact, that's the platform I set up for my eight year old son. Recoil is mitigated, the stock adjusts to perfection and the vertical grip really makes is easy for them to reach the trigger.

It worked well for him!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great pic of your son and his buck !
Tell him I said congratulations.

How about some particulars like load,range,bullets performance etc ?

Thanks

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I got bored and built a 6.8SPC cause I kept seeing boxes of unshot ammunition for it at the local academy sports. I have mixed feeling on it. I have a couple boxes of 95 grain TTSX bullets I am trying this year, will report back after deer season. Nothing I shoot is over 150 yards mostly here where I hunt in GA. Frankly an old DD 5.56 loaded with a max load of TAC and 62 grain TSX seems about the same based on limited "harvests" with the 6.8.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I got bored and built a 6.8SPC cause I kept seeing boxes of unshot ammunition for it at the local academy sports. I have mixed feeling on it. I have a couple boxes of 95 grain TTSX bullets I am trying this year, will report back after deer season. Nothing I shoot is over 150 yards mostly here where I hunt in GA. Frankly an old DD 5.56 loaded with a max load of TAC and 62 grain TSX seems about the same based on limited "harvests" with the 6.8.

Is that with both using the Barnes Bullets ?
If so does the 5.56 blow just as big a hole as the Barnes?

Last edited by bcraig; 05/03/16.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
fredrica,

Your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,is never not hilarious...due the fact that you are doing your BEST! You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Now mebbe cite the "magic" boolit,that grants you the Delusion that the 6.8 is worth a fhuqk,let alone "king". Be certain to not let Physics,BC,Drop,Drift,COAL and Impact Velocity skew your Imagination and it's Pretend,as that Fantasy collides with Reality. Hint.

Nextly,cite how "your" ammo selection,mounting solution,glass choice and "all" of your "experience","knowledge" and "results",granted such a grandiose scoop of Dumbfhuqktitude. Spare NO "details". Hint.

I'm laffin' so hard,I'm fhuqking CRYIN'!!!!!!!

Wow +P+++!

Laffin'!

jimmyp,

Ask fredrica for some 6.8 Splendid Beastie pics...it's funnier than fhuqk!(grin)

TAC has never shown me anything in a herd of SAAMI 223 bolt guns and Krunchentickers,with a single offering from 40 to 75grs. That whether MilSpec or greater COAL(ASC's and cut away P-Mags). 'Course it's not worth a fhuqk in any of my 223AI's either and I've only shot it in 7",7.7",8",9",10",12" and 14" twist rates.

Tough not to love Lever' fueled 75 Hornie HPBT's at 2800fps+ in a 18" middie ala ASC's. Hear that?!? fredrica is Googlin' it.

Laffin'!

500yds is REALLY "far".

Laffin'!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits, Those aren't tears they're drips of sweat from your fat diabetic forehead.

Oh and 130 bergers at a oehler tested 60,000psi and 2620ft per sec seem to work well. In a 16" tube hell 18 or 20 would be lights out hint.
Was it before you read applied ballistics for the long range shooter or after that the 223 with 75 AMAX's trumped the 257 ratherby. It's cute you are so on top of what most knew when you were still trying to figure out how to post pic on the fire. You Keep looking over your shoulder and I'm out in front. Ps you suck at life it's y people are so stupid.
Now hold back the dad is that you.

[Linked Image]
My ammunition selection was pretty good only seen about 85,000 rounds a day hint.

universal receivers typically are void of a scope. But all of my 6.8 had Leupold 1.5x5 or mark 4 on them they went with the kimbers got bored cut them loose. Still have a mountain of brass and bullets just in case some day the 338 edge gets old. Must suck being to poor to feed a real gun and to small to burp more that ten round with out recoil taking a toll.

Last edited by fredIII; 05/05/16.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
fredrica,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that one "conquest" pic of "The King" of Krunchenticker cartridges in "action" upon a Splendid Beastie,was simply MUCH too much for you to manage. Just what were the fhuqking "odds"? Laffin'!

I'd prolly be really hard pressed to summon magnificence ala a .378" casehead in extrapolation...you poor poor STUPID Fhuqk. Laffin'!

"Tell" me "more" about the 223AI,because as I recall I've only built 13 of 'em and am prolly sandbagging. Hint.

The 257 Weatherby is sumptin' "new" to me too and I doubt that I've built much more than 5 of them. PLEASE use as much Imagination and Pretend that you can muster,to quantify your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Don't "forget" pics. Laffin'!

Mebbe dangle some 6.8/130 Booger pics,muse twist rate and COAL and try to "convince" yourself that you've a first fhuqking clue. Then add some "particulars" like base/rings/glass that you use to extoll these fabricated "virtues",if only to meld your Delusions fully. Laffin'!

You are certainly a Trend Setter...if'n you factor Fhuqking STUPIDITY as being a "trend". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,you Amazingly Stupid Clueless Fhuqk.

Laffin'!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.