B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by KFWA
there is definitely a role for someone willing to call a Senior Senator a liar on the Senate floor, regardless of what his ulterior motive was.

Cruz would be a good enforcer - and he'd probably relish the role as an opportunity to rebuild his somewhat tarnished reputation in a presidential bid for 2020 of whenever.

I think Cruz has to rebuild some trust among the base.I really don't blame him for what he's done in an attempt to win the presidency but I do think he badly misread how to get there. Once he realized he lost the role as the "outsider" in the race, he just reverted back to politics as usual.

He can't do that again - unless Trump redefines what the usual politics are.

I think I'd like him as AG - but I still don't believe he is on board for stopping illegal immigration. I just have serious reservations about any first generation American - especially one with dual citizenship being dedicated to stopping mass immigration into this country.

The "base" has been totally alienated from this election. Nothing new.

if you define base as anyone who thinks the will of the people should be ignored, then good

keep on permanent ignore

The alternative to liberal is conservative. Liberals are the Democrat's base, conservatives are the Republican's base. It is not a subjective term that is up for interpretation. There are no conservatives in the race.

The "so called" conservatives in the GOP leadership positions have folded over for the globalists for so long that the rank and file Republicans have given up on them. The GOP now represents Nationalism.

And before you jump up and start telling me Cruz's conservative bona fides, he was instrumental in working the get the TPP bill passed. The TPP bill is the NAFTA of the new millennia.

And don't try to tell me that he was too stupid to know what it was.

Cruz isn't stupid. He hooked up with Paul Ryan to get TPP passed and he knew exactly what it was.

The reason everybody in Congress hates Cruz is because he was sneaking around doing the same thing the rest of them were, and then throwing them under the bus for doing it.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Well unless you voted I guess you don't have much right bitching about who's there and what they do or don't do

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by bea175
Cruz for Supreme Court replacement

This would be the only place he would fit in.

I could like that.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Fugg Cruz.
And America. Conservatives just lost forever.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Well unless you voted I guess you don't have much right bitching about who's there and what they do or don't do

I don't vote for globalists.

They don't represent American interests.

The GOP is lousy with globalists,...has been for quite some time. If the party bosses had their way, this country would have a Republican globalist candidate this time.

Republicans nominated an "America First" candidate this time.

No "double the national debt" George W,...No Manchurian Candidate McCain,...No Mitt Alinsky Romney.

Yeah,..Republicans will turn out to vote this time. For the first time in a *long* time, they've been given a reason to.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At this point the decision is pretty simple.

You either vote for the establishment run by most likely Hillary or you Vote against the establishment and vote for an outsider (Trump) seems like a no brainer to me?

Even if Trump is as bad as his critics say he will be much better than the establishment.

The establishment is how we got where we are today.
They are the true enemy.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
At this point the decision is pretty simple.

You either vote for the establishment run by most likely Hillary or you Vote against the establishment and vote for an outsider (Trump) seems like a no brainer to me?

Even if Trump is as bad as his critics say he will be much better than the establishment.

The establishment is how we got where we are today.
They are the true enemy.
Yep.

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I don't vote for globalists.

They don't represent American interests.

The GOP is lousy with globalists,...has been for quite some time. If the party bosses had their way, this country would have a Republican globalist candidate this time.

Republicans nominated an "America First" candidate this time.

No "double the national debt" George W,...No Manchurian Candidate McCain,...No Mitt Alinsky Romney.

Yeah,..Republicans will turn out to vote this time. For the first time in a *long* time, they've been given a reason to.
You can save the excuses and self righteous bullcrap

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Cruz wasn't a really a conservative anyway.

But even so, he was phony at whatever he is, and that counts more in politics than what someone claims to hold philosophically.

If he was a true conservative Christian, he would simply quit whining and tearing down someone to whom he lost, gather himself with dignity, chalk it up to "God's timing," and get ready to win the next time around, or the time after.

As it is, he cracked under the pressure, both he and his wife do not have what it takes to survive the demands of the office, and he is now being a sore loser and burning bridges.

He's a political hack who is also a political dimwit. The best he could do is hope for an appointed position that does not require him destroying his family to get there.

I don't give advice easily, but I'm giving it now. Stop acting like a five year old and making up bullshit just to piss off people you need if you expect to have any chance of winning in November. Trump is very unpopular within his own party. Blaming everybody else for his unpopularity will not make anyone like him better. You got him. Now you gotta make the 60% of Republican voters that hate him...not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
at the voting booth in november it's going to be a choice between the hillbilly and the Trumpman, one or the other.

so, once again with feeling, are we going to vote for the lesser of two evils, or remain home while the "activists" choose our next president.

either one is big business as hell. but, neither are harvard law school graduates. we know about those kinds of folks already.

given a choice i'll choose trump every day on twice on sunday rather than the HillBilly. whatever the West Virginia rank & file wants, then that's what me and my kind wants also.

Thank goodness we're not receiving all the gov't we are paying for....quote attributed to Will Rogers.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not faulting anyone for not voting for a guy out principle.

In this case though, I'm so scared of Hillary that I would have voted for Cruz even though the Cruz supporters her showed me what a nutcase he was.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.