Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

"Stop and think of that for just a second," Limbaugh commented, asking listeners to put themselves in Cruz's shoes.
"Ted Cruz loves America as much as anybody," Limbaugh said, ticking off a list of Cruz's political and personal virtues.

He owes his political career to Goldman Sachs. He can can love Amercia as much as anybody, Their interest comes first.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Cruz argued for the 2nd amendment in front of the SCOTUS, and won.

No, he didn't.

Cruz was a top gun in the Heller case.
February 19, 2016 How Scalia and Ted Cruz Saved the 2nd Amendment
By Daniel John Sobieski
...What few people know -- and the media won’t remind them -- is that Ted Cruz was a prime mover in getting Heller, in which Scalia wrote the majority opinion, before the Court and decided in favor of gun rights, ruling that the right to keep and bear arms was an individual right and that the word “militia”, as the Founders intended, meant the “whole people” of the United States. If Heller had gone the other way, our gun rights would have been thrown on the ash heap of history.

In January Cruz told CNN:

I represented 31 states in the Heller case, which upheld the individual right to keep and bear arms. You know what Barack Obama's position is? That there is no individual right to keep and bear arms whatsoever under the Constitution… Hillary Clinton, for example, has said she will put Supreme Court justices on the court who will overturn Heller. And if Heller is overturned… there were four justices who said that there is no individual right to keep and bear arms whatsoever, that it is only a collective right in the militia, which is fancy lawyer talk for a nonexistent right… [If] Hillary Clinton gets one more Supreme Court justice, what it would mean is, the Supreme Court would say you and I and every individual American have no constitutional right under the Second Amendment at all, and either the federal government or a state government could make it a crime to possess a firearm.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ved_the_2nd_amendment.html#ixzz419WD0ooF

“When Cruz tells the story of his role in the landmark Second Amendment case known as Heller, he leaves ample room for listeners to assume he was one of the principle lawyers in the Supreme Court victory. His actual role, as author of one of 70 friend of the court briefs, had little known effect on the outcome
His actual role, as author of one of 70 amicus curiae briefs in the case, had little known effect on the outcome — except, perhaps, in urging a pragmatic course, one that clashes with his gun positions today

I supported my sources and you have not.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I supported my sources and you have not.
[/quote

[quote]Amicus curiae briefs[edit]

Because of the controversial nature of the case, it garnered much attention from many groups on both sides of the gun rights issue. Many of those groups filed amicus curiae (friend of the court) briefs, about 47 urging the court to affirm the case and about 20 to remand it.[21]

A majority of the members of Congress[22] signed the brief authored by Stephen Halbrook advising that the case be affirmed overturning the ban on handguns not otherwise restricted by Congress.[23] Vice President Dick Cheney joined in this brief, acting in his role as President of the United States Senate, and breaking with the George W. Bush administration's official position.[22] Arizona Senator John McCain, Republican, also signed the brief. Then Illinois Senator Barack Obama, did not.[24]

A majority of the states signed the brief of Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, authored by Abbott's solicitor general, Ted Cruz,[25] advising that the case be affirmed, while at the same time emphasizing that the states have a strong interest in maintaining each of the states' laws prohibiting and regulating firearms.[26][27][28] Law enforcement organizations, including the Fraternal Order of Police and the Southern States Police Benevolent Association, also filed a brief urging that the case be affirmed.[29]

A number of organizations signed friend of the court briefs advising that the case be remanded, including the United States Department of Justice[30] and Attorneys General of New York, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Puerto Rico.[31] Additionally, friend of the court briefs to remand were filed by a spectrum of religious and anti-violence groups,[32] a number of cities and mayors,[33] and many police chiefs and law enforcement organizations.[34]

A collection of organizations and prominent scholars, represented by Attorney Jeffrey Teichert, submitted an "errors brief" arguing that many of the common historical and factual "myths and misrepresentations" generally offered in favor of banning handguns were in error. Teichert's errors brief argued from a historical perspective that the Second Amendment protected an individual right to keep and bear arms.[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

Of all the good folks involved in the Heller case only one is using his involvement to attempt to further himself, and has been since day one,

Says a lot about that person, doesn't it?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bottom line is that if Cruze was the strongest candidate he couldn't have been systematically destroyed. Trump started with one percent or less support the week he announced his candidacy and Jeb! had 22% and 135 million dollar war chest that week. Trump has overcome all comers and everything the establishment could throw at him. Cruze couldn't have withstood a tenth the effort marshaled against Trump.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by davet

Trump may not come out of this looking good, but Hillary is going to end up looking a lot worse, and weak, and crooked.
..and, I pray, in PRISON!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Good ole Rush What a $hit spoutin puss bag the only thing more ignorant than him are the people that listen to his ilk!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rush is the only right wing radio talk show personality that had the sense to cater to both sides.

Some days he defends Cruz, others Trump.

Rush will continue to get paid and the oxycontin will continue to flow like wine.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Rush will continue to get paid and the oxycontin will continue to flow like wine.

I was unaware it came in liquid form.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Vodka and a blender will systematically destroy your plans for the day.

Unless you're Rush. He's a warrior.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Rush is a fat sack of chit.

He needs to shut up. The new GOP doesn't want him.

You couldn't be more wrong. But at least you are consistent.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Vodka and a blender will systematically destroy your plans for the day.

Unless you're Rush. He's a warrior.

Travis

I'm thinking the brain freeze on an oxycontin smoothie would be epic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Cruz doesn't have an ideological problem. He is a true defender and believer in the Constitution. Cruz is hated because he is a failure at communicating with the masses. He speaks in a "debate or TV evangelist" form regardless of the setting. Everything is dramatic and comes across as memorized. Common people don't talk like that. He makes enemies of other politicians, whom he must depend upon to reach his goals, by alienating them, calling them names in public, and creating a "holier than thou" persona. He acts like a Pharisee in public, which is a big tun off to the masses. Because he has such poor personality/communication traits, he can't succeed in a national election.

However, these traits would be less likely to hurt him on the Supreme Court where his debating skills and intellect would be more agreeable.

Exactly.

He's not a President. He would make a fine Solicitor General, and maybe a fine judge, but he is and was a poor candidate for POTUS.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 45 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.