24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sam......simply install Chrome and adblocker.....my new lap top with W 10 works fine with nothing else done to it....took about five minutes total and believe me...if I can do it...anyone can....

BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Firefox with free Adblock. Have never seen an ad on this site or any other. And it's all free.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This! Works like a charm, no ads anywhere.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey Ed m why don;t you pray for somemore $4.00 gas so the gouging thieving S O B's can suck some more life out of the economy ???????? G F U

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mohick
Hey Ed m why don;t you pray for somemore $4.00 gas so the gouging thieving S O B's can suck some more life out of the economy ???????? G F U

Instead of just running your mouth why don't you just try the suggestions that have been offered. I have been here a few more weeks than you AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. The solutions are simple, quick and easy to those how read and follow them.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep, tried it all. Have the I T guy that builds my computers working now on monitoring this site to see what is going on, also my internet provider, going to see why this site uses so much bandwidth. Running with/without ad blocks and so on should know something in a couple days. results to follow!!!!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, tried it all. Have the I T guy that builds my computers working now on monitoring this site to see what is going on, also my internet provider, going to see why this site uses so much bandwidth. Running with/without ad blocks and so on should know something in a couple days. results to follow!!!!!!!

I know I'll be on the edge of my seat...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well you just go ahead and try to figure it out.I have been running Win 10 since it came available.
First thing I did is dump the edge browser due to the fact it WILL NOT ALLOW EXTENSIONS such as adblock plus. Simple cure was to install Internet Explorer and ad block plus again. Works like a champ. I have absolutely no problems on this site or any other.
So waste your time and money when all you have to do is install the browser of your choice, make it the default browser in the settings menu, and install ad block.
Easy peasy.

Swifty
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V

I think you need to find another IT guy. The problem is with your computer not this website.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Well you just go ahead and try to figure it out.I have been running Win 10 since it came available.
First thing I did is dump the edge browser due to the fact it WILL NOT ALLOW EXTENSIONS such as adblock plus. Simple cure was to install Internet Explorer and ad block plus again. Works like a champ. I have absolutely no problems on this site or any other.
So waste your time and money when all you have to do is install the browser of your choice, make it the default browser in the settings menu, and install ad block.
Easy peasy.

I guarantee you Modick didn't try any of the suggestions.....he's just talking his usual chit....ignore him....

Everyone needs to read Swiftys post but they won't so we'll all meet here the same time next week and hash this tired old subject out....again...see ya then...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
laugh yup. Same time, same station next week. grin

Swifty
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've also found that "uBlock Origin" works as a good ad blocker, and knocks down some level of other invasive tracking too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I've also found that "uBlock Origin" works as a good ad blocker, and knocks down some level of other invasive tracking too.

I've found it to work even better than AdBlock on my phone so I'm running it on my desktop too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
672 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.