-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's a piece from Breitbart by Mike Huckabee. I always liked him, but never thought he could win a general election.

by GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE26 Jun 2016785

George Will has virtually declared, “Enough of those ruffians and peasants who went and voted in record numbers in the recent Republican primary,” so he’s headed for the door, announcing that he is leaving the Republican Party.
Don’t let the door whack you in the behind as you leave! Were we all supposed to say, “Oh no! How on earth will the GOP even organize a county committee meeting without George Will there to instruct us on what to think and especially how to behave in the proper way?”

I’m sure the party would survive if I left, and I’m sure it will survive if George leaves. So sorry, George, that it had to be YOUR way or NO way, but personally, I liked your baseball writing a lot more than your political writing.

George once called me “disgusting” over one of my utterly “disgusting” views of faith that he, the self-proclaimed atheist, found revolting. So in his own little party of one, he won’t have to tolerate the likes of my Southern, redneck, grits-eating, gravy-slathering, less-than-Ivy League-educated, church-going kind. And all those hard hat and factory workers who lost jobs, pensions, homes, and their sense of self-worth because of the brilliant globalist policies that the elites pushed as “good for us” will now know that the party of Lincoln and Reagan will again have some respect for the “little people” that the George types looked down their noses at. Lincoln is quoted as saying that “God must have loved the common man because he made so many of them.” Reagan’s election coined the term “Reagan Democrats” that represented the many working men and women who were ignored and held in contempt by the “swells” of both parties.

In my book, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy, I talked about the difference between people who were educated and those who were smart. Some very well-educated folks aren’t that smart (as Southern comedian Brother Dave Gardner put it, “Some folks are ‘educated’ way beyond their intelligence”), and some folks like the ones I grew up with may not have been well-educated, but were truly smart.

They knew that we would lose America if the only ones making money were the ones who owned the companies and who robbed Americans of jobs that shipped to Mexico, China, or Indonesia. They knew that the Ivy League politicians who continued to live off credit by running up trillions of huge national debt would face a day of reckoning. They knew that having open borders so that we looked the other way as masses of people poured into the country illegally would lower wages and strain the budgets of states trying to educate, medicate, and incarcerate the hordes of new arrivals. They knew that losing a sense of pride and nationalism for America first and creeping into the multicultural, politically correct, and globalist “one world order” would turn America into a wussy, wobbly, and weak country where people showed up illegally, waved flags of their home country, burned ours, and demanded that we give them instructions and education in their native language, drivers licenses, healthcare and maybe even the right to vote.

George Will doesn’t like Donald Trump. He didn’t like me, either. Come to think it, he also didn’t like Bill O’Reilly. He famously got it into with Bill on TV and ended up getting shredded by his Bill-ship. (Note to self: not smart to get into argument with Bill O’Reilly on his show—Bill lets loose with the street-fighting Irish instinct he learned in a blue collar, working class neighborhood on Long Island, and his passion to stand up for the “little guy” means that he will basically beat the crap out of those who try to take his turf.)

But as much as I wish Republican voters had given me their nomination, they gave it to Donald Trump. And it wasn’t that he barely won. He got more votes than any Republican in nomination history. And Republicans ELECT our nominee, we don’t delegate the process to backroom bosses who SELECT our nominee. I’m staying and will help Donald Trump become President. George Will, Mitt Romney, Bill Kristol and a handful of others are in full-pout and have left.

To those who boast of leaving the GOP, I respect your decision. It’s a free country, and you can go as you please. But your stewardship of the GOP hasn’t been that stellar for the “folks,” so forgive me if I don’t beg you to reconsider. You decided to leave. I have decided to do everything possible to stop “Hellary” from continuing the slide of this nation into the abyss. And it appears that a lot of Americans, like me, are ready for a fight to keep their country and their culture.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One point about the O'Reilly v Will debate, referenced by Huckabee. O'Reilly savaged Reagan in his book "Killing Reagan." Will was trying to point out that O'Reilly was basing his disparaging comments about Ronaldus Magnus on testimony of people who were not in the White House. Will chastised O'Reilly for not interviewing people who were close to Reagan and eye witnesses of those alleged negative accounts of Reagan. O'Reilly threw a temper tantrum as he is want to do. Will definitely got under his skin and won the argument IMO.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Here's a piece from Breitbart by Mike Huckabee. I always liked him, but never thought he could win a general election.

by GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE26 Jun 2016785

To those who boast of leaving the GOP, I respect your decision. It’s a free country, and you can go as you please. But your stewardship of the GOP hasn’t been that stellar for the “folks,” so forgive me if I don’t beg you to reconsider. You decided to leave. I have decided to do everything possible to stop “Hellary” from continuing the slide of this nation into the abyss. And it appears that a lot of Americans, like me, are ready for a fight to keep their country and their culture.

Huckabee tends to irritate me regularly, but I agree with him often enough, and most definately on this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One point about the O'Reilly v Will debate, referenced by Huckabee. O'Reilly savaged Reagan in his book "Killing Reagan." Will was trying to point out that O'Reilly was basing his disparaging comments about Ronaldus Magnus on testimony of people who were not in the White House. Will chastised O'Reilly for not interviewing people who were close to Reagan and eye witnesses of those alleged negative accounts of Reagan. O'Reilly threw a temper tantrum as he is want to do. Will definitely got under his skin and won the argument IMO.

He did the same foolish thing with "Killing Jesus". It was blasphemous. And he claims to be a Christian?! He justified his fictionalized writing by saying something like, "Well I couldn't verify what the Bible says in other documents." For goodness sake. The story of Jesus, that he rejected, was written by eye witnesses!

As far as George Will goes, the farther the better.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is Huckabee any more relevant than O'Reilly? Can't stand to watch him, self-righteous and preachy and knows squat about guns (his attitude was that it's only common sense to ban guns to people on the terror watch list if they can guarantee the list is correct).

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Is Huckabee any more relevant than O'Reilly? Can't stand to watch him, self-righteous and preachy and knows squat about guns (his attitude was that it's only common sense to ban guns to people on the terror watch list if they can guarantee the list is correct).
+1

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I thought the main point of the piece was that Will&Co. think that we're too stupid to select our own Republican presidential candidate. The rest was a mix of supporting infomation, book plugs, and some subtile whining about his own failure as a candidate.

That main point is dead-on. If substantial numbers of the Elites leave the party, it will be surprising to me as I always thought all us stupid rank and filers were going to have to form another party to have our views represented. I suppose what happens at the convention will tell the tale on that.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have always had a good feeling about the Huck.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman

He did the same foolish thing with "Killing Jesus". It was blasphemous. And he claims to be a Christian?! He justified his fictionalized writing by saying something like, "Well I couldn't verify what the Bible says in other documents." For goodness sake. The story of Jesus, that he rejected, was written by eye witnesses!

As far as George Will goes, the farther the better.

Nothing blasphemous about an chronicle based solely on what is known about the history of the man, Jesus. And way over due, after a lifetime of nothing but unreliable, and biased eye witness accounts.

As Bill says in his book, Jesus was the most important, the most influential man in our history.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.