-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is with a Leupld VX2 3-9X40 CDS and Talley LW rings. It is like a regular T3 lite but it has a fluted barrel. In the factory stock, it weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces for the bare rifle.

Price is $1100 shopped as pictured. The stock in the picture has a Limbsaver pad and has a Karsten Kydex cheek riser. That means it has holes drilled in it. (For both a long action bolt stop and a short action.)

If you would rather have it in a regular factory stock (never out of the house), subtract $100, so $1000 shipped for the rifle in a new factory stock, scope and rings.

Yes, I realize you can drive to Sportsmans and get the rifle and scope new for not much more, but I'm trying to raise money to offset an impulse gun purchase, so I'm hoping someone who doesn't have a Sportsmans close by may want this.

I'd prefer to sell the rifle with the scope at this time, and I'm not interested in any trades. If someone wants the scope for $250 FIRST, then I'd sell the rifle and Talleys for $750 shipped.

I bought this new from SW last year. It has not been hunted and is in perfect shape. It has a low round count. It feeds and functions great. I bought the scope new from Cabelas two years ago. Last year I had it in a set of Talley on another rifle. It may have VERY light ring marks. I can pull it off and check it you would like, but thought I'd leave it on in case someone doesn't want to remount it.

When I put it on this rifle I LIGHTLY lapped the rings with a Sinclair rod. I used a Brownells EXD tool and a plumb line to insure it was mounted straight. Cap screws were torqued to 17.

When I bought the rifle, I cleaned it thoroughly and installed Dyna Bore Coat. This is something from the Gear Shop here. It makes rifles easier to clean. I've shot this very little, but when I did clean it it cleaned easily (and I used a Sinclair bore guide and a good rod). I just use patches and Tactical Advantage to clean my guns, but if for some reason you don't want the bore coat, just use a bronze brush on it.

I sighted it in and checked the scope tracking and RTZ on butcher paper to 14 minutes. Then I called Leupold and ordered the custom dial for the 162 Amax at 2600 fps at 4000 feet. It has a zero stop.. I've shot the scope twice at 500 yards and the Amax and the new ELD-X were both on. I also ordered a plain MOA dial with every MOA marked and the zero stop, so the scope will come with three dials. (See last picture.)

The rifle shoots the 162 Amax and ELD-X very well. It shoot the 139 SST good but not as well as the others.

I have sold other items here on the Campfire, including three rifles and can provide references if you want them.

A personal check is fine, but I'd need to wait for it to clear before I shipped. A money order would be best. If you want to add $30 I'd take Paypal. I'd prefer a copy of the FFL I need to send the rifle to. If it a shop with a web site I can check and call if I need to confirm they have a valid FFL, that works for me, too.

If you want the rifle to remain scoped, the Styrofoam won't fit it the box. I can just bubble wrap it, or I can remove the scope and ship it separately. Or I guess I could go buy a cheap plastic case and mail it in that if you'll pay for the case. I'll mail the rifle USPS from an individual (me) to your FFL with a tracking number. If you want insurance, you would need to pay for it.

If I can answer any question, please let me know. If you Paypal, I won't be able to make it to the post office to mail the rifle and scope out until Tuesday.

Yes, I know these aren't very good pictures. If you want more pictures of something specific, let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the overly-long ad!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by IDMilton; 07/16/16. Reason: spelling

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have on offer for just the rifle. I'd still like to sell the rifle and scope together but if you just want the scope let me know.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Rifle and rings are SPF

Scope is now listed separately.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I see you have another one of these I inquired about earlier. Did you sell this one and have the per as extra? This one appears to have a Karsten cheek piece.....

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
d500lnn, it's the same rifle back up for sale. The potential buyer found something else he wantted. I couldn't edit this post, so I just reposted it in another. I put it in the new stock because no one seemed to want the stock with the Karstens. Since I like them, I decided just to keep that stock. Here is a link to the new, less wordy ad:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11319329#Post11319329

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.