Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright
[Linked Image]

This was a dream realized. I already had the 944 when I bought this. It turned out to not be such a dream... The repair bills were high, the heater and air conditioning didn't work well, there was no room for shooting equipment, it wasn't remotely as comfortable as the 944... It was quick, a lot quicker than I cared about... I sold it and kept the 944.

In retrospect, I wish I had kept it... it's now worth three times what I paid for it, per Hagerty's. It was lovely to look at, no oil leaks but I just didn't love it enough.

The picture was taken in early fall in front of the small lake we have on our property.

My dad got my mom a 944, I don't know what he was thinking as she wasn't in the least a sports car person. That said, the few times I drove it I got an appreciation for it's wonderful handling. I keep debating finding a 944 turbo with a blown engine and doing an LS swap. With 400 hp it would be just about right, and still retains it's 50/50 weight balance.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've had 3 corvette's all black on black paint/interior .
A new 81' 4-spd when I was 21 years old -big block 468 cube motor swap , race track level suspension kit . A-Frames off all nylon bushings -Koni adjustable shocks -new springs -sway bars kit lowered the car about 3/4" gave it a perfect stance - black Epsilon wheels .

An 80' L-82 [4 bolt main/forged internals] automatic bought in 91' with 10K miles on it from the original owner .
Planned on making it a turbo or blower car about the same set-up as the first -but it was just too nice to mess with .
It more -less just sat in the garage while I pondered what I was going to do with it.
A local Corvette guy asked to buy it a few times -one day I told him it was for sale . I had put about 4-500 miles on it in 2 years -so it was gone. In stock form they were VERY SLOW back them .

Bought a new 93' 6-spd ordered it without all the optional mumbo-jumbo -no power seats -multiple suspension setting stuff to keep it light weight .
Put a cold air -ram air system on it changed ring/pinion from 3.55 too 3.92 .
Had it to 164 mph when I quit looking at the speedo -maybe 167-8 ? Did that a couple of times --destroyed the brakes the first time I did it warped both rotors bad . The brakes were welding up and shaking the car so hard you'd have to have been in it to believe it , once down too 120ish the brakes had basically no stopping power . Very scary and super dangerous thing to have happen.

I've thought long a hard about getting a 2001-2005 Z-06 there's an 05' red one in Dallas for $25K with only 3,000 miles on it.
But I have a business that takes a lot of driving on my part one wreckless operation ticket and my insurance would be equal to a mortgage payment .

BUT -something like this car below sure does get my heart rate up -maybe back off 1,000hp though smile..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
12 cylinder, XKE Jag coup convertible.
Jag

1Minute
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I randomly got a 5.0 Fox Body mustang restoration catalog in the mail today. Rekindled the fire right back up again.

I need a job that pays bout 10k more a month to scratch all these itches...

Me

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by teal
I randomly got a 5.0 Fox Body mustang restoration catalog in the mail today. Rekindled the fire right back up again.

More? Right now I'd be damn happy with a job paying 10K a month to begin with.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Unless you're looking for a winter project, and I encourage those, just go buy a perfect one.

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php...-the-day-1990-ford-mustang-gt-hatchback/

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman

More? Right now I'd be damn happy with a job paying 10K a month to begin with.

I survive now ok but another 10k a month would make life super nice.

Me

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My dream car is an old fifties dodge power wagon truck.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
My first car was a 1969 Chevelle SS. I always wanted another one. About 10 years ago, one of my customers came by with a '68 he had bought. I told him if he ever wanted to sell it, I had first dibs. About 5 years ago, he came to me and wanted to sell it and he couldn't afford to give it the necessary repairs. So I bought it. Even though it looked good, it needed a lot of work to get it to where it is now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's a big block, but not sure about the c.i. The serial numbers on the block trace back to a 1967 Impala SS. It's been redone, but it seems pretty stock.

[Linked Image]

The car originally had a 2 speed Powerglide on the tree with a bench seat. The seat was shot and the shifter was a little screwed up because now it has a 3 speed Turbo 400. So I had the guy who's been doing the work on it, put in stock buckets with the stock console 3 speed shifter.

[Linked Image]

I think I have more money in it than it's worth. But you only live once and I don't see me ever selling it, so it doesn't really matter. When the time comes, it'll be handed down to my son.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Modern day dream. Traded the 2010 in and picked up this 2016 yesterday. I and family have had a bunch of Vettes, but this is one smooth/quick ride. They just keep getting better....

[Linked Image]

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

K
kcl Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Bad Ass!! Nice Harry..

Go hard or go Home!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will also admit that I did harbor some lust for a Buick Grand National GNX ...

[Linked Image]

A friend of mines father worked at Buick City where they built these. He has one in his garage he bought new with less than 3k on the clock.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my dream car lately is a 2012-up z28 camaro. 550+ hp, supercharger, 4 wheel disc brakes, 6 speed and unbelievable handling package. they make the old ones look like a granny car. and they can be had for 30k or so. now i just need an extra 30k

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Dad's former tenant had a 67 Split window Vette 427 for sale . .

That former tenant must have been a genius at mods - the 63 coupe was the only year for the rear window divider trim.

'63 split window coupe is my dream car. I actually got to drive one many years ago. Deep emerald green with matching green interior, four-speed, and 43+K miles on the odometer.

Sigh...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,082 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.