Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
,..wanting to know if I'd take a special offer to resubscribe.

I was polite,...all business,..

I asked the little girl on the phone if the newspaper was still a leftist propaganda rag.

She hesitated for a minute, then said that she didn't pay enough attention to it to know its political leaning.

I've had a drink or two today, so I told her,

"I kept takin' the paper long after I quit reading it because it was a cheap way to line my parakeet cage.",..told her, After a while, my parakeet wouldn't even take a dump on it because it was so liberal,...damn near killed him."

I said, When you put out a newspaper that's so liberal that it'll constipate a parakeet, you've done somethin'!

She never broke stride, though. She said I could contribute to the community by writing letters to the editor if I didn't like the content.

I told her that sounded good,..but not good enough to risk a parakeet over.

We thanked each other and the call ended.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
After a while, my parakeet wouldn't even take a dump on it because it was so liberal,...damn near killed him.

That's pretty good grin

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sales call for the paper...

[video:youtube]64cj7Q9c_YA[/video]

Last edited by teal; 07/19/16.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Herald Leader is piss poor. that is for sure.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The Herald Leader is piss poor. that is for sure.

You know why I did it, don't ya?

Damn liberal rag. It's awful, man.

But I don't get too fussy with the people who call. I just mess with them.

They're just doing their job.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A man's gotta watch out for his bird.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Phugg, Bristoe, you ever write for Monty Python back in the day? LOL, man.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bristoe...you're my kind of guy!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bristoe, are you one of the "Gun Writers" on this board? You should be.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
,..wanting to know if I'd take a special offer to resubscribe.

I was polite,...all business,..

I asked the little girl on the phone if the newspaper was still a leftist propaganda rag.

She hesitated for a minute, then said that she didn't pay enough attention to it to know its political leaning.

I've had a drink or two today, so I told her,

"I kept takin' the paper long after I quit reading it because it was a cheap way to line my parakeet cage.",..told her, After a while, my parakeet wouldn't even take a dump on it because it was so liberal,...damn near killed him."

I said, When you put out a newspaper that's so liberal that it'll constipate a parakeet, you've done somethin'!

She never broke stride, though. She said I could contribute to the community by writing letters to the editor if I didn't like the content.

That's freaking funny....!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny, but the poor tele market girl doesn't deserve the broadside, the editors do. Since call was probably farmed out, the words never gey up the food chain.

Print is dying and nearly dead. Newspapers wounded themselves mortally in the '80s when they swept anti Reagan on almost all editorial boards. The Clinton years saw them drop any pretense of bias and the W years saw them move the bias off the editorial pages to every Section.

The internet blog o sphere no gives anyone with a keyboard a platform. That is proven bad as there is no editorial control or any sense of restraint. No journalism, just sensationalism.

I'm tired of being subjected to f-bombs and other profanities in reading even a sports column online. Newspaper people are at least somewhat held to account for accuracy, not so for the blogger.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We once had a morning and an afternoon paper. The Atlanta Constitution was the AM and the Atlanta Journal the more conservative PM paper. Sometime in the '80s they combined to form the AJC.

For a while, the editorial pages were split between the Left and Right, but that didn't last. In 1990 they made Cynthia Tucker the Editor of the Op Ed section, and it all went FAR left. Tucker, young-black-female and LIBERAL was not going to hide her political leanings.

Readers held their noses. She was applauded by the city dwelling liberals and Black leaders, and loathed by the white suburban conservatives. In the nearly 20 years she ran the Op Ed page, the Editors in Chief and owner -Anne Cox turned a blind eye ti the fact that the City of Atlanta is home to only about 450,000 residents, while the suburbs have 5.1 million people who overwhelming hated the bitch!

Readership crashed, circulation fell, and they dumped her in 2009.

They have tried desperately to regain readers with a decidedly more balanced paper, but they poisoned the well. People are done with newspapers. Conservatives get WSJ and read sports online. I do.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 45 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.