R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
the bath tub is cool video

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hadn't seen it, so thank you, I enjoyed it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i always read the scientific jargon"in a desperate attempt to pass on their DNA" and snicker. couldn't just be because they are HORNY!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Those bears know all about DNA. I am sure they want to pass on the DNA, not just fornicate.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I guess if a Momma bear walks up to me with cubs, she just wants me to babysit them? grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
for free, if a democrat bear....

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Interesting article.
Related video of whale seeking help from kayakers.
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/07/18/Tangled-whale-seeks-help-from-kayak-tour-group/8211468859940/

Last edited by LostHighway; 07/23/16.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you Mr. Disney. You have a whole generation of city people thinking that wild animals are capable of reasoning and regard people as their friends. Maybe sows have started hanging around people with their cubs but I'd like to see proof that protecting the cubs has anything to do with it. Personally, I think that the sows figure that feeding growing cubs is easier when she can pick off a helpless hiker every now and again.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This has to be one of the most ridiculous paragraphs I've read in a so called "scientific" journal in a long time:

The males, in a desperate attempt to pass on their DNA, try to mate with every female they come across. This is especially dangerous for females with cubs, because a mother bear cannot become pregnant while she’s still nursing last year’s litter. That’s why male bears will sometimes kill the cubs, forcing the female’s body to stop lactating and shift back into reproduction mode.

So these clowns would have us believe that male bears consciously want to pass on their DNA, that they know that females with cubs can't become pregnant and that without cubs they could become pregnant, that they infer that they should kill the cubs in order to pass on their DNA, and that they therefore do, in fact, kill the cubs.

And they call this science!!! Laffin!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"The males, in a desperate attempt to pass on their DNA, try to mate with every female they come across..."

Sounds like Deflave and the campfire in general, whats the problem?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by achadwick
This has to be one of the most ridiculous paragraphs I've read in a so called "scientific" journal in a long time:

The males, in a desperate attempt to pass on their DNA, try to mate with every female they come across. This is especially dangerous for females with cubs, because a mother bear cannot become pregnant while she’s still nursing last year’s litter. That’s why male bears will sometimes kill the cubs, forcing the female’s body to stop lactating and shift back into reproduction mode.

So these clowns would have us believe that male bears consciously want to pass on their DNA, that they know that females with cubs can't become pregnant and that without cubs they could become pregnant, that they infer that they should kill the cubs in order to pass on their DNA, and that they therefore do, in fact, kill the cubs.

Laugh if you wish. I'm laughing at you ignorant post. You are speak, type without knowledge. Male lions also kill young to promote breeding.
Same old tired ass, clueless, knee-jerk Campfire crap.

Last edited by LostHighway; 07/24/16.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Sure, I could be wrong in my analysis. The author of this paper makes some extraordinary claims about the reasoning ability of brown bears but provides no evidence to support his claims that I could find. Do you have any such evidence?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a fact that males will kill cubs and the females will come into heat again. This article leaves out the trait known as instinct. They do it without knowing why. They don't reason it out.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achadwick

Probably the same scientist that proved bumble bee's cant fly and that if a hummingbird doesnt eat every 15 min., it will use up all it's energy and die.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,693 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.