Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I blame Peppermint Patty. Bossing around Charlie Brown, calling him Chuck. And that [bleep] Lucy.....

Of course all this schit shouldnt be new to a geezer, but apparently its a phenomenon thats never been seen.

I also like the old guys wrenching on their own schit, especially when they throw on two parts before they realize it needed to have the computer flashed after the first one went on.

Off to the rawhide mallet and the LEE loader to deprime some cases.....

GB1

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gremcat
Funny,
I am starting to see it go the other way. I am the milleniAL

Ahh, 60 year Olds the next social welfare crisis:)

No doubt that there are many phouced up Boomers, (look at Clinton, Kerry, Sanders et. al.) but I bet even Bill Clinton at one time could change the oil in his own car or change a flat. Too many Millennials need to call AAA or have their girlfriend do it for them.

You Gen X & Y guys that can hunt, fish, weld, build a deck are not the subject of this discussion. Time to work on your reading comprehension. It's your Pajama Boy effeminate she males that can make a latte but can't smoke a brisket that we are discussing.

If you've done this recently, you are excused from this topic, You were likely raised right and will lead America to a great future.

[Linked Image]

If you look like this, GFY!

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We have noticed this trend while playing dirty Santa at Christmas.

Around here you can go to jail for that.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"That same situation has raised boys without hunting, without fishing, without guns. They have been led by the Matriarchal school system and we have on our hands a bunch of neutered young males that are used to taking orders from women. Some women will like that just fine, but none will ever really respect the neutered male."

Truer words were never spoken.
I am 65 years old. I have dealt with the modern Feminist gals since college in 1970, the beginnings of the modern Feminist movement. I met and was dating many of these modern Feminist gals, hell, they were the only girls around!
These gals say they want a "sensitive" male, a guy who will reveal his inner feelings, a guy who they can talk to.

That is what they say, but they don't really mean it. They will pal around with such a guy, even screw him and marry him, but they don't respect him. In fact they despise the soft, feminized male.

The modern Feminists cannot escape their dna.
15,000 years ago our ancestors lived in Ice Age Europe. It was a brutal life.
The female who chose a soft man, a man who could not stalk and kill the cave bear, the man who could not start a fire, was a female whose children died. And she died, too. Her dna was eliminated.

Back then, for many hundreds of generations, the female who survived was the one who chose a rugged man, the man who could hunt and kill, and eat the cave bear. Who could light the fire, to keep the family warm on the minus 40 degree nights. The man who could fight and kill other men who wanted to take their family over.

For many hundreds of generations, the only females who survived were the ones who chose tough, rugged, fighting men.

So, in accord with Feminist philosophy they say that they want a soft, gentle man. It is a lie.
Their dna demands a tough rugged man who can fight, who can light a fire, who can kill if necessary.

Be careful.

antlers is gonna go off about how gays fit into all this biology...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dunno a lot, but I try to pass on what I do know when I'm around them and they are willing to learn!

If you are ever around Bob much, you will learn that this is not true. He is a gold mine of information. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by hatari

Maybe I'm jaded. Anyone else have that observation?

You nailed it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
Most kids/adults I know who don't like hunting/fishing don't like it because the adult that initially took them sucked at it, and made it a horrible experience. Get good at it, and ANY kid will want to go.

OK, but Give a kid a slingshot or BB gun or better yet, let him get his own, and there's a damned good chance he/she will like to hunt. The TYPE of hunting and the TOOLS and the SUCCESS may vary, but love of hunt comes from the exploration, the wander, the wonder... much of which is lost when kids are over coddled or are not "permitted" to do stuff on their own.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've known some strong women whom I respect. My favorite mom had 3 sons that played football for me. All were tough, hard nosed kids. I was coaching the youngest during the last year before I retired. He limped off the field after a play and our trainer took him aside to look at him.

A few minutes later I had a chance to ask the trainer if Lance was good to go. The trainer held up his cell phone; the mom sent him the following text, "Give him a tampon and put him back in the game".

THAT is quite a quote from a Mom!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I will tell you this though. After 5 years as foreman in a shop I had a much harder time with the 19-27 year olds not knowing how to read and do simple math than I did with them dressing like chicks or having a hairdo that bothered me.
My dad taught auto mechanics in Boise State's vocational dept for many years. He retired about the time that computers were really coming into play in cars. More than once he talked to me about some of his students who couldn't read or do math. He said that they could be great mechanics but with the new high tech stuff, they couldn't read the manuals or decifer the new diagnostic tools. He didn't have much hope for them in the new world of auto mechanics.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
My daughter and son in law had a flat tire on her Corolla a couple of weeks ago. He did not even attempt to change the damn tire and called AAA. He honestly had no idea how to do it, and even less inclination to try. He is, by the way, 6'1" and 260 pounds. It is the stuff of doughnuts and junk food, however. Nice guy, but loves fluffy bunnies and Pokemon. Sheesh.

+1 .... My SIL is also a great guy but he will not try to fix anything. If something breaks he will be on the smart phone calling around to pay someone to come and repair it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've known some strong women whom I respect. My favorite mom had 3 sons that played football for me. All were tough, hard nosed kids. I was coaching the youngest during the last year before I retired. He limped off the field after a play and our trainer took him aside to look at him.

A few minutes later I had a chance to ask the trainer if Lance was good to go. The trainer held up his cell phone; the mom sent him the following text, "Give him a tampon and put him back in the game".

What a woman!

Omg can you imagine liberal women seeing THAT?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Most kids/adults I know who don't like hunting/fishing don't like it because the adult that initially took them sucked at it, and made it a horrible experience. Get good at it, and ANY kid will want to go.

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,526
Posts18,452,842
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.