Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lycoming county went Red last time.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The only county "in the sticks" that voted for Obama wa's elk...every other county is metropolitan
Hmmm, the results I see for the 2012 election show Elk going 57%-41% for Romney. Obama only took 13 of 67 counties, but still won the popular vote. Philly of course was a landslide for him (85-14) and that's what always seems to give PA to the Dems.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by akpls
The only county "in the sticks" that voted for Obama wa's elk...every other county is metropolitan
Hmmm, the results I see for the 2012 election show Elk going 57%-41% for Romney. Obama only took 13 of 67 counties, but still won the popular vote. Philly of course was a landslide for him (85-14) and that's what always seems to give PA to the Dems.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by dave7mm

Democrats and harvard/yale egghead academics look down on Manufacturing because it might be dirty and cause climate change.So 19th century..
Plus its alot nicer pushing paper around in a air conditioned office than being out in a dirty, smelly, sweaty shop, making stuff.Making stuff is so underclass..
Republicans look down on Manufacturing for the simple reason that your middle income Manufacturing job, pays to much.For 30 years they have been running all over the world..NAFTA,CAFTA,TPP.
Sad to see the party of Goldwater,Eisenhower and Regan all over the world sucking foreign dick to get a higher stock price and there elections paid for.
The "advanced economy" is a mandated 15 dollar minimum wage service sector job and chitty goverment heathcare.
And a slow spiral to a lower standard of living.

This is true.

We're becoming a two class society, the upper class of folks earning $200K plus a year, and a lower class that's living on government handouts. The upper class thinks things are OK because their stock portfolios are doing well. Their portfolios are doing well because companies have become super efficient by outsourcing all their production to China/Mexico and getting rid of all their "overpriced" U.S. labor. The lower class thinks things are OK because Obama is sending unprecedented amounts of welfare their way and they don't have to work. Why work when you can make $50K a year sitting on your arse?

The ones in the middle are the one's getting killed. You're not rich if you earn $100K a year in America any more. You're getting the hell taxed out of you to pay for the ones on welfare that end up with as much take home pay as you, and you're working your arse off to make that $100K because if you don't then your company is going to get some chinese guy to do your job at $2 a day.

The sad fact is that both parties are part of the problem when it comes to the decline of the middle class in America. Democrats don't want a strong middle class because they don't reliably vote democrat, much better for them to have 90% of the population drawing a government check. They're democrats for life then. Republicans want businesses to max out their profitability and keep the stock market booming under the trickle down theories of Reagan. As good as Reagan was for the nation, trickle down doesn't work when you've outsourced your middle class, we're trickling to China and Mexico now instead of to our own population.

In the same vein is immigration. The reason we can't get a grasp on our immigration problem is no one in government really wants to stop the flood of illegals, it's all lip service. It just wouldn't be that hard to stop. Quit giving them welfare, driver's licenses, free healthcare. Fine the hell out of people employing them and it'd quit overnight. The reason we have an immigration problem is because democrats want to stack the nation with more democrat voters in the future, and republicans want the cheap labor so their benefactors won't have to pay an American a living wage for labor. It's that simple.

Obama (and Hillary's) policies have gutted the middle class in America and will continue to do so. America is unique in that it's really the only nation in the world that has a real functioning middle class, now that's going away. That has been the draw of this nation for the last 150 years. Many will argue that Europe has a middle class but it really doesn't, it has a small ruling cabal of ultra-rich from the mostly inherited money class and it has a lower class that mostly work but have their well-being tied to the government. Many will argue that Germans are mostly middle class but the average family is going to raise their kids in a 1200 sq. ft. apartment, has at the most one car, has government healthcare and send their kids to a government school. Sure, they get a month of vacation a year and have enough money to go to the beer hall twice a week, but their opportunity for social mobility is very limited. They're happy with their lives for the most part but that's not what I think of when I think "middle class" in a U.S. sense.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds like more people should put that vacation money, or money for their next ruger american into the stock market

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sounds like more people should put that vacation money, or money for their next ruger american into the stock market

A couple of problems with that.

Not everyone has anything left over to put in to the stock market.

The stock market doesn't create wealth, it's in it's essence a big pyramid scheme. Manufacturing things creates wealth. In order to create wealth you have to create something of value. Telling a whole nation of people that the way to prosperity is to have everyone sitting around doing nothing while investing their extra beer money in the stock market won't work. You can only rob Peter to pay Paul so many times. In the end just moving money around and trying to grab a bigger share than your neighbor might lead to a personal windfall, but the net result is that you haven't created anything of value.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by akpls

Ah yes....guess they had their fill of "change" by the time 2012 came around.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.
If every manufacturing job supports 5 service jobs.
How many jobs have we lost?
CAFTA with the chi-coms an order of magnitude worse.
Democrats and harvard/yale egghead academics look down on Manufacturing because it might be dirty and cause climate change.So 19th century..
Plus its alot nicer pushing paper around in a air conditioned office than being out in a dirty, smelly, sweaty shop, making stuff.Making stuff is so underclass..
Republicans look down on Manufacturing for the simple reason that your middle income Manufacturing job, pays to much.For 30 years they have been running all over the world..NAFTA,CAFTA,TPP.
Sad to see the party of Goldwater,Eisenhower and Regan all over the world sucking foreign dick to get a higher stock price and there elections paid for.
The "advanced economy" is a mandated 15 dollar minimum wage service sector job and chitty goverment heathcare.
And a slow spiral to a lower standard of living.
As Manufacturing goes so goes the rest of the country.
Its no surprise to me that people in Lancaster, Pa.,get it.
dave

Standard, neo-Marxist, hard-Left bullshit. Its truly astounding how many communists there are on this forum.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2001/08/the-effects-of-nafta-on-exports-jobs

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rem141r

i don't understand elk county but the rest have large populations of blacks who turned out for zero and doubtful will turn out for hillary whereas mccain/mitt were about as exciting as a bowl of plain oatmeal to PA voters.

williamsport
allentown
harrisburg
johnstown
erie
scranton

i see A LOT of trump signs and almost NO clinton signs. 4 years ago there was lots of bammy signs.

i have a good feeling about PA at this point.

I'm in Berks, and I've noted the same.

I'm hoping the trend continues and we are actually in play this time around.

The comment about Lancaster County not being rural....it's all relative. Compared to Philly, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, etc, Lancaster City is pretty small potatoes, and the rest of the county is suburbia and farms.

Compared to the north central part of the state, it's not the boonies, no. Compared the plains states, or places like Wyoming, it's not rural, no. For PA, it sure ain't urban. And the cities are what turn us blue every dang time.

Last edited by tddeangelo; 07/25/16.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know its hard for you RJ to wrap your head around the fact that the current Republican party is dead.
Or at least your neocon version of it.
It killed itself.
To much chi-com cock.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

A couple of problems with that.

Not everyone has anything left over to put in to the stock market.

Not everyone wants their equity at the mercy of Wall Street investors either.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

i don't understand elk county but the rest have large populations of blacks who turned out for zero and doubtful will turn out for hillary whereas mccain/mitt were about as exciting as a bowl of plain oatmeal to PA voters.

williamsport
allentown
harrisburg
johnstown
erie
scranton

You are missing the point made by SH. The counties may have "gone" for r, but there are a shyt-ton of D voters there regardless. It isnt red by a landslide, not by any stretch.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lycoming County PA - 30,000 voted McCain, 18,000 voted Obama.

The county is 94% WHITE

Beaver County PA - 42,000 went McCain, 39,000 Obama. Beaver county is 93% WHITE.

As for you feeling good about PA, I am cautiously optimistic, but the sheer number of suburban transplants in the ever increasing sprawl outside of urban centers and college campus's has me worried... nationwide.

Last edited by Crockettnj; 07/25/16.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In central PA, it looks more Trump than it looked romney. I am optimistic that Trump will take PA. I think the debates will be very bad for hillary.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Since they passed NAFTA 20 years ago 60000 manufacturing plants have closed nation wide.NAFTA alone cost us 900000 manufacturing jobs.
If every manufacturing job supports 5 service jobs.
How many jobs have we lost?

Standard, neo-Marxist, hard-Left bullshit. Its truly astounding how many communists there are on this forum.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2001/08/the-effects-of-nafta-on-exports-jobs

Hey Rob, why does free trade require 1,700 pages?

You need to stop calling it "Free Trade". If anything, it is managed trade or regulated trade.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My wife is from Schuylkill County, and I bought a lab pup out near Lock Haven recently, so I've had some rides up through the Skook and up toward Danville. In that region, I think someone would find their car on blocks and burning if they sported a Hillary sticker or sign in their yard.

I'm near Cabela's, and it's usually from here south and east that the suburbia effect kicks in. There's NOTHING for her. Not a bumper sticker, not a yard sign, NOTHING. I do see Trump signs periodically, though. Far less "in the bag" than it was for Obama in the last two.

But it'll still likely come down to whatever numbers Philly posts up.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

williamsport
allentown
harrisburg
johnstown
erie
scranton

You are missing the point made by SH. The counties may have "gone" for r, but there are a shyt-ton of D voters there regardless. It isnt red by a landslide, not by any stretch.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lycoming County PA - 30,000 voted McCain, 18,000 voted Obama.

The county is 94% WHITE

Beaver County PA - 42,000 went McCain, 39,000 Obama. Beaver county is 93% WHITE.

As for you feeling good about PA, I am cautiously optimistic, but the sheer number of suburban transplants in the ever increasing sprawl outside of urban centers and college campus's has me worried... nationwide.

Yes, all those counties along the river with NJ that used to go red turned blue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tddeangelo
Lancaster a fairly rural area.

It's Philly that will by and large control how this state falls in the presidential election. Those of us outside the major urban areas are glad not to be in them, but we also know our presidential votes are usually meaningless.

I vote every time, but it's hard for farm country to overcome the votes that get counted in Philly.

It's the same in MN with the Twin Chitholes. Hopefully enough of the white Yankee (as Steelhead calls them) Bernie supporters either stay home or get enough common sense (yeah right) not to vote for a lying, murderous [bleep].

Not going to happen.
The Iron Rangers will do as their union demands and vote for Hillary. Bernie supporter or not, they will do as they always do and vote, vote Democrate.

Don't forget about the 40-75k Democrats registered by ACORN and all the ballots found in ditches and abandoned cars in years past.

Naw, MN will once again be Bright Blue.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.