Print Thread
Hop To
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have a second generation Ruger LCP and it has a heavy trigger pull, was thinking of getting the new Custom version with the improved trigger and keep both.

I saw that a magazine maker has a 10 rd. version, so people must be using these guns at the range over carry. Has anyone really given their LCP an extended range time over the long run like a regular gun, and if so, do these little guns hold up ok?

Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HE112
I have a second generation Ruger LCP and it has a heavy trigger pull, was thinking of getting the new Custom version with the improved trigger and keep both.

I saw that a magazine maker has a 10 rd. version, so people must be using these guns at the range over carry. Has anyone really given their LCP an extended range time over the long run like a regular gun, and if so, do these little guns hold up ok?

Thanks.

I gave an early LCP I traded an old 870 for, 5 years ago. From finish wear on the breech face, I'm guessing it had at least 150 rounds through it.

I shot 200 rounds of ball & JHP, right off the bat, to prove it reliable. Between Dept. qualifications (I shot the full course with it) and me just shooting it, at least 200 more per year. So I'm sure it has 1000 rounds through it and probably more like 1200.

Mine has the heavy trigger but it's gotten smooth over the years. It shoots exactly to it's tiny sights and it has never choked. Friends have tried to buy it but it ain't for sale.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That is also my experience Sarge, and I have about the same number of rounds through it as you have. For the money, it is a dang good little copied pistol, but I don't know if it would be my choice for a pistol to do a lot of shooting like the OP is asking about. To me, those little pistols are hard to hold and uncomfortable to boot and they wear me out fairly quickly. A bigger, heavier, better sighted and triggered pistol makes range sessions a lot easier. Those little pistols make it a chore. Even though the little Ruger may hold up to extended shooting, that probably ain't going to be much fun.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed, Bob. Since retirement I'll shoot 2-3 mags a month, just to stay handy with it. I enjoy it for what it is; but I don't recall that 200 round reliability session as being a lot of fun.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

My wife's LCP has 500-600 rounds through it with no problems.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Kel-Tec P3AT, a Ruger LCP, and a Kahr P-380. Of the three, the Kahr is easiest to shoot for longer periods because it has the best trigger and grip. The Kahr is also easier to shoot accurately which I attribute to the good trigger and fairly useable sights. But given the Kahr is almost three times the price of the Kel-Tec or the LCP, it ought to be all those things. Even the Kahr CW-380 is more expensive than either the Kel-Tec or the LCP. Ya pay yer money and take yer chances.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/26/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 7 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 741 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.