Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

Remember to not commit adultery. God hates divorce.

1. Batting 1000. 2. Batting 1000. So do I.

Doesn't get me any higher place if I wasn't, BTW......or lower.

P.S. I am not God.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We've heard do as I say not as I do. We, as believers, are to do as we are told not as God does. God dose not hate the sin and love the sinner. Consider:

Hosea 9:14-16

"'All their evil is at Gilgal; indeed, I came to hate them there! Because of the wickedness of their deeds I will drive them out of My house! I will love them no more; All their princes are rebels.'"

Amos 6:8

"The Lord God has sworn by Himself, the Lord God of hosts has declared: 'I loathe the arrogance of Jacob, and detest his citadels; therefore I will deliver up the city and all it contains.'"

Jeremiah 12:8

"'My inheritance has become to Me like a lion in the forest; she has roared against Me; therefore I have come to hate her.'"

Psalm 5:5

"The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity."

I really wish you could understand the difference between the old and new covenant. Until you do, you will never understand anything.

Do you understand that in the old covenant a sinner wasn't considered guilty of sin after he had made the proper sacrifice for sin?

Do you know what the proper sacrifice for sin is in the new covenant?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

In case you missed it the conversation was about Some Old Testament concepts. You apparently didn't keep up with us.

Are you missing what The quoted Scriptures are saying? Sure sounds like it. Or do you argue for the sake of arguing?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
R_H_Clark,

In case you missed it the conversation was about Some Old Testament concepts. You apparently didn't keep up with us.

Are you missing what The quoted Scriptures are saying? Sure sounds like it. Or do you argue for the sake of arguing?

I guess I'm just wasting my time on you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by wageslave
The "elect" and enlightened are confused, I see.

Yet, have the Roman Road all mapped out for the unenlightend......

and "the answer" for those that seek....

and the condemnation for those that don't.

Remember the Sabbath.

Isaiah 50:1

Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? ..........

And yet God himself divorce Israel when she went awhoring after strange gods.

And in Jeremiah 3:8

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

God gave Israel a bill of divorce. Hmmmmmmm.

I know God hates putting away, but even HE is a divorced man, who will one day reconcile to his divorced wife.

Matt 19:9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Since Israel committed adultery by chasing false gods, God was justified in divorcing her.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matt 19:9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

There is a difference in sexual immorality. Take a look at the original way it was translated and the more recent way that is translated. Jesus used the word "fornication". There is a specific meaning for that. Hebrews says fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Changing a translation does not change God's intention.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by wageslave
The "elect" and enlightened are confused, I see.

Yet, have the Roman Road all mapped out for the unenlightend......

and "the answer" for those that seek....

and the condemnation for those that don't.

Remember the Sabbath.

Isaiah 50:1

Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? ..........

And yet God himself divorce Israel when she went awhoring after strange gods.

And in Jeremiah 3:8

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

God gave Israel a bill of divorce. Hmmmmmmm.

I know God hates putting away, but even HE is a divorced man, who will one day reconcile to his divorced wife.

Since Israel committed adultery by chasing false gods, God was justified in divorcing her.

I never said he wasn't.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 11 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.