Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marriages don't last.

When I meet a guy, the first question I ask myself is...

is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?

Seems like every man wants to marry a nymphomaniac. Problem is the nympho leaves pretty quickly, but the maniac stays forever!

Have Dog

Will Travel

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Oh man. This will be fun.

Time and bandwidth will not allow for all my stories, so I'll just post texts and e-mails to give some ideas.

Originally Posted by Still Loves Me
You are a very, very sad absolutely miserable tool of Satan. Good thing no weapon formed against me, shall prosper.

LMAO.

Clark

What I know of 'Clark' et al, I feel sorry for her...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by llama2
I am sorry for all the pain some of you have gone through- it sounds like hell to me. I can not say that I can totally relate.

I feel very fortunate that at 57 years old, I am still married ( 36 years) to my first wife. She is the absolute love of my life. She is one of 8 sisters and although some of them are a bit on the crazy side ( bound to be with 8 ); my wife according to the father and the others was the pick of the litter. I totally agree.

We married young ( me 21 and her 19); and if anyone was crazy then it was me. I was in college and on the wrestling team, and was right there with any of the crazy shenanigans that we all participated in. Wrestlers can be a crazy bunch. But she was probably the one that calmed me down, and made me want to calm down.

She has been an angel to me. Absolutely a stunning, gorgeous girl when we married- and I ( and others as well) still see her as that. We were hot blooded in love when we married, and even though the hormones are not racing like they do at that age- we still very much are hot for each other. She was and is a wonderful Mother to our (4) grown children- who absolutely adore her. And she is an awesome Grandmother to our (4) grandchildren.

She means the world to all of our lives, and none of us can imagine life without her. I know I can't. I know that she is the reason that I am what I am today. I will be forever thankful for that.

Sorry to get sappy in this thread, but I adore my wife!

You Sir, have what we all (most anyway) want.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wageslave
Marriages don't last.

When I meet a guy, the first question I ask myself is...

is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?

Seems like every man wants to marry a nymphomaniac. Problem is the nympho leaves pretty quickly, but the maniac stays forever!

Sorry but you happen to be incorrect. In our families, for the most part, marriages last.

I'm not sure what that says, if anything, but wife and I know more folks in our families that have never had a divorce, than we do that have divorced.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
20 years, 3 kids, several houses, the deaths of friends and family and through it all she's still my best friend. My wife's calm and loving demeanor has tempered me for the better and made me a better man. She's the love of my life and we're in it for the long haul.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
20 years, 3 kids, several houses, the deaths of friends and family and through it all she's still my best friend. My wife's calm and loving demeanor has tempered me for the better and made me a better man. She's the love of my life and we're in it for the long haul.

Great stuff. Our 20th is approaching as well....

I lost my first one to cancer, she was 32, but was twice blessed with a great 2nd wife. She's a helluva shot, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
uh, it was a joke, buddy.....

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm going with divorce rates varying by region. Very recently in CA, it was revealed that over 50% of all first marriages end in divorce. I'd guess that small town marriages last longer than big city marriages.

We cannot neglect the impact of social media on marriages. Because of social media, women stray as much as men.

Last night I hung out with a chick I used to date about eight years ago. She's an RN. She's now menopausal. She's almost a different person. She has had at least one negative encounter with law enforcement. While she used to be very good looking with a smoking hot body (she owned her own fitness company on the side), she's put on a lot of weight. She kept telling me last night that she didn't want to sound like a man hater, but...

She had stayed in a very nice hotel in an elite So Cal beach city. She wanted me to spend the night. It didn't happen.

A woman's hormone system has to be the most complex system in the human body. When it's outta whack, women are whacked. There's no tellin' what an out-of-hormone-whack chick will do.

However, the biggest problem plaguing relationships, at least in CA, is one totally effed up and completely dysfunctional family law system. With very little variation, the least capable lawyers hustle family law, and the least capable judges are assigned to family law. It's a combination destined for injustice. I was told that CA family law is a game, a mockery of American jurisprudence in which the best liar wins. Even a former family law lawyer told me this. He quit the circus because it is obviously intentionally dysfunctional.

Dirtbags who hustle family law make livings destroying families and churn their incomes by creating acrimony where none exists. A family law lawyer has to have no pride to disclose that he destroys families for a living.

Anyway, that chick and I sat on the beach for a couple hours. I have no clue why many women even bother wearing bikinis because many walk around virtually naked. The point is a dude in a strained marriage can find easy consolation within the arms of many sweet, young thangs (SYT's). BTW, within the rich dude crowd of So Cal, SYT's are known as "sponsored" as in rich dudes keep them on payroll. The SYT's make serious judgment errors when they think that their sponsors will leave their wives and families for the much younger model. That only happens when STY's tie in to a really stupid rich dude, which is rare. Many SYT's live large for years only to suddenly find themselves on waivers and too old to get back in the gold digging game.

Last edited by SakoAV; 08/30/16.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
398 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.