24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shooting to live isn't verbal but it seems most instructor's are known for the clever things they say.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Shooting to live isn't verbal but it seems most instructor's are known for the clever things they say.

Everyone knows the best instructors teach by telepathy.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by SakoAV
Stupid article. The right response for non-law enforcement is to get the hell outta the building yesterday and to make damned sure that responding cops know you ain't the bad guy lest you wind up room temperature.

Do civilian training courses really teach pursuing bad guys and clearing buildings?

These two have a shtick that they're hustling to soldiers of fortune.

Law enforcement agencies have their methods of clearing buildings. Don't be around when they do. It might not work out for you if they're responding to an active shooter call.
Building clearing is something that ought to be taught, and something you should at least be competent with if you have kids and/or a large house.

To say you'll NEVER be in a position where you'll never need "building clearing skills" just shows no imagination whatsoever, and it's a plan to fail.

GunGeek,

I'll go along with clearing one's OWN home, but with conditions: there are other family members in other parts of one's home (he has to assures safety of his kids), the home owner is on the phone with a dispatcher. When a dispatcher tells the home owner that cops are on scene, that he does exactly what she tells him.

Long guns are almost always a very bad idea for home owners, exponentially more so if he has to walk around the interior of his home.

A person clearing another building is always dumb. If available are conditions beneficial, a canine is sent in before cops will enter a building to search it.

I know of a cop who was murdered clearing a home. And he was a trained professional.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
one thing i do know about clearing buildings particularly at night is i do not want to clear buildings at night, or any other time for that matter. Odds are against you.

Smart man!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SargeMO
I've done some of that. Not hard to get your ass killed with ample training and equipment.

If anything you might need to eliminate an armed intruder in your own domicile before they get to loved ones in another part of the house. You have an advantage in that you know your surroundings. You have a disadvantage because you will probably play by 'the rules'. Your opponent, if he is a dead-ender, will use this to murder you.

Great post

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most golfers use the grip method invented by Harry Vardon, many, many years ago. Jack Nicklaus, however, used an interlocking grip. He seemed reasonably successful with it, simply explaining it worked better for his hands. smile

Just an analogy that comes to mind smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Nonsense. Just buy my training videos.

[Linked Image]

LMMFAO!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 78 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.