Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Read that's it is a good one. Of course the investigators said he could of made the airport.
Yeah, "investigators".. I bet none of 'em could fly so much as a kite.

Clint Eastwood movie so I expect it to be good.
Definitely..

Sully himself has expressed his dissatisfaction with the way the investigators were portrayed in the movie. He said he never felt the antagonism and accusatory attitude shown in the movie.

I also heard he asked Hanks to give the investigators fictitious names so they wouldn't be hounded by the media after the movie came out. A man of character right there.

Last edited by smarquez; 09/10/16.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A veteran pilot friend of mine had flown that same plane about a month before Sully's landing it in the Hudson, when I asked him about the landing he just shook his head. He told me there was absolutely zero margin of error and that Sully had made a perfect landing under the most difficult of circumstances.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw it today and thought it was worth watching. Clint has made some good stuff.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The wife drug me and the kids to see it Friday night as our HS football team was on the road.

It was a whole lot better than I thought it was gonna be. Really wasn't looking forward to it, don't care much for movies I know how they end. This was much more than I expected.

As usual, Hanks was very good.

I didn't know it was an Eastwood movie till the credits, another good un from Clint.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Topped the box office take this weekend, earning $10 million more than projected--mostly due to the large proportion of viewers who were 35 or older. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the movie there is a scene where on the night of the event Sully is getting settled into a hotel room. The hotel staff asks if there is anything that he needs. He asks to have his uniform dry cleaned.

Here is a true tidbit that didn't make the movie. Sully lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. Like many pilots living there, he got his uniforms from a small tailor shop in San Mateo that has specialized in pilot uniforms for decades.

On the day of Sully's event, as soon as the pilots' names were released the tailor shop's staff checked their records to see if they had Sully and Jeff in their records. They did, along with all their measurements and details of their uniforms.

They knew the pilots could use fresh new uniforms. They immediately put together two, new correct uniforms and got them on the FedEx plane that very night so that the next day they arrived at the hotel where Sully was staying. All without being asked or being paid. A show of support from their hearts.

The movie pays tribute to all the first responders who acted that day. I am sure there were many "second responders", also, like these tailors and the hotel staff that also deserve credit for showing the good side of mankind.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 09/18/16.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Eastwood commented the other day that Sully should be running for pres.

...damned if I don't agree.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
In the movie there is a scene where on the night of the event Sully is getting settled into a hotel room. The hotel staff asks if there is anything that he needs. He asks to have his uniform dry cleaned.

Here is a true tidbit that didn't make the movie. Sully lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. Like many pilots living there, he got his uniforms from a small tailor shop in San Mateo that has specialized in pilot uniforms for decades.

On the day of Sully's event, as soon as the pilots' names were released the tailor shop's staff checked their records to see if they had Sully and Jeff in their records. They did, along with all their measurements and details of their uniforms.

They knew the pilots could use fresh new uniforms. They immediately put together two, new correct uniforms and got them on the FedEx plane that very night so that the next day they arrived at the hotel where Sully was staying. All without being asked or being paid. A show of support from their hearts.

The movie pays tribute to all the first responders who acted that day. I am sure there were many "second responders", also, like these tailors and the hotel staff that also deserve credit for showing the good side of mankind.

Very neat! Did not know that.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a good movie, and of course, some liberties are taken in movies! It's just how movies are made and Eastwood is one of the very very best at the craft. Sully was in a very very bad spot when the Bird strike occurred, he had to make the decision and he didn't have much time to think about it! The River was really the only option, and it all worked out, due to real skill in flying and a good bit of luck!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
AS a pilot, ATP-CFIAIME and former Air Traffic Controller.

GOOD movie, only one line where I 'might' have said, BS, they wouldn't say that. It was a NY Controller, and maybe he did say it. I've heard controllers say some crazy stuff.

One of the most attended I've been to in about a year!

Worth a ticket.....

Last edited by muffin; 09/18/16.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We went to a matinee yesterday. Good movie, probably the best I've seen this year, along with 13 Hours (about Benghazi).

Our little theater in town was only about half-full, probably because it wasn't an action picture. Not enough shootemup, bangbang noise.

The real story had more drama than any of "those" movies.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good Movie. My wife even enjoyed it.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,509
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.