Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I'm new to selling here (bought plenty though) so please bear with me. I usually sell locally but I doubt I'd have much of an audience for this size gun around here. This is a 1961 Winchester Model 70 Alaskan in .338 Winchester Magnum. I'm not much for grading guns, but I'm sure it's gotta be 90+ %. It does have a slightly thin spot in the blueing on top of the barrel, and two scratches on the bottom metal. The wood looks great with no cracks or issues, just a couple of small indentations. I am having trouble posting pictures from my device, but I have plenty available for interested parties via text message or email, and I can take more of whatever you'd like to see. The rifle lived in a safe since the late 80's or early 90's when the original owner got sick and eventually passed. His widow became a family friend and I broke the bank purchased it several years ago, around 2010. I've only fired it twice at the range for a total of 14 rounds. It came to me with an old Bausch & Lomb scope on an adjustable base, which I'll include with the rifle. It's current scope that was put on right after I purchased it is staying with me, but the Leupold bases and rings can go to the new owner if they wish. I'm trying to fund a truck project for the kids and I, so I'm hoping for a quick sale. Shipping will be from me via Fed Ex to the FFL of your choice, unless you can meet locally. I will insure it for the sold value as well. I'm asking $2400 with shipping and insurance included. The price will be adjusted if interested in picking up locally in York, PA. If you feel that my asking price is out of line then please feel free to make me a reasonable offer. I MAY CONSIDER a partial trade for a heavy barrel model 70 in .225 Winchester or a Pre 64 model 70 in a softer recoiling medium game caliber. Thanks for reading. --Josh

Last edited by ffbigdawg; 09/20/16.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Josh, your rifle sounds like a real beauty. Could you post this in the Winchesters collectors forum here at the fire? You will get some interest there. Your asking price sounds good. As per always, pictures are of utmost importance with a rifle of this stature and collectability. Pictures will help to show it's originality and to point out things that may not be right. Or it may show us that it is exactly what we are looking for. Thanks and if you need any help posting pictures, you can email them to me and I can help...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Thanks bsa1917hunter. I posted it up in the Winchester Collectors forum like you suggested. I still can't get pictures to post from my iPad or phone though. Thanks for your help.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Josh, create a photobucket account. Upload pictures, look for URL towards the right of the page, copy and post it on the forum. If you are coming towards Scranton, I can probably help you with picture OR make you an offer smile

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
[Linked Image]

That's it for the pictures. If anyone wants any other pictures taken or wants to make a offer just let me know.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Bump

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Price drop to $2300 shipped and insured.

IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fine rifle!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice rifle

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Any offers? Cash or trades?

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Sold pending funds

F
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Sold pending funds

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2UP, 300jimmy, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 35, 257 mag, 11 invisible), 1,319 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.