Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
I'm sure someone will be glad to explain how Trump is not anti-gun or for confiscation even though he says he is. He has a record of donating to anti-gunners, but he hasn't not actually done anything so who knows? Maybe he has a way to be sure to not take guns from people who voted for him?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...police-to-take-guns-away-during-stop-and

Trump calls for police to take guns during stop-and-frisks
By Paulina Firozi September 22, 2016, 01:57 pm

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Thursday reiterated his call for expanded use of the controversial stop-and-frisk practice from law enforcement, adding that police should also take people’s guns away in the process.

“Basically, they will, if they see — you know, they are proactive and if they see a person possibly with a gun or they think may have a gun, they will see the person, and they will look, and they will take the gun away,” Trump said in an interview with "Fox and Friends."
“They will stop, they will frisk, and they will take the gun away, and they don’t have anything to shoot with.”

Critics say the controversial practice eliminates the standard of probable cause, allowing police to search civilians more or less at will. A federal judge ruled stop-and-frisk unconstitutional in 2013.

Trump’s comments come following a proposed expansion of the former New York City program Wednesday during a town hall aimed at black voters on Fox News’s “Hannity.”

Trump answered a question from an audience member on how he would address violence in black communities.

“Well, one of the things I’d do, Ricardo, is I would do stop-and-frisk. I think you have to,” the GOP nominee said.

Trump clarified on "Fox and Friends" Thursday morning that he “was really referring to Chicago with stop-and-frisk.”

He said that it was a policy that worked "incredibly well" in New York.

"I suggested stop-and-frisk, and some people think it's a great idea, and some people probably don't like it, but when you have 3,000 people shot and so many people dying, it's worse than some of the places we're hearing about like Afghanistan," Trump said. "I think Chicago needs stop-and-frisk."

Trump's town hall with Sean Hannity was initially scheduled to air on Wednesday night but was postponed to Thursday night.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How much was that post worth to your handlers?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simple, don't like your yankee state or negroe mayored big city....move.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll be glad to explain it. Trump is referring to the "Terry Search" issue which SCOTUS ruled on in 1968. Basically if the police stop and talk to someone, they have the right to make certain they (the police) are safe. They CAN do a cursory pat down of the external clothing for the presence of any dangerous item. If they find nothing, the conversation can continue. If they find a weapon of some kind, they have the right to seize it and make the situation safe. If the person have the proper credentials, like a CC permit, then they would be given the gun back.
Terry Searches took a lot of guns off the street and prevented a lot of gun related crime.

This is NOT Trump advocating for confiscation or taking your weapons away. This is being blown up purposely by those who want to drive a wedge between Trump and the 2A supporters.

In NYC, when de Blasio became mayor, he got the police practice, called "Broken Windows" stopped because it was too effective at dropping the crime rate and the black population complained they were being singled out. As a result, the crime rate now is rising with regards to aggravated assaults with weapons.

The OP is making a wrong assertion for effect and must be exposed.

In HRC's case, she would come to your home and demand your weapons.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 09/23/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I'll be glad to explain it. Trump is referring to the "Terry Search" issue which SCOTUS ruled on in 1968. Basically if the police stop and talk to someone, they have the right to make certain they (the police) are safe. They CAN do a cursory pat down of the external clothing for the presence of any dangerous item. If they find nothing, the conversation can continue. If they find a weapon of some kind, they have the right to seize it and make the situation safe. If the person have the proper credentials, like a CC permit, then they would be given the gun back.
Terry Searches took a lot of guns off the street and prevented a lot of gun related crime.

This is NOT Trump advocating for confiscation or taking your weapons away. This is being blown up purposely by those who want to drive a wedge between Trump and the 2A supporters.

In NYC, when de Blasio became mayor, he got the police practice, called "Broken Windows" stopped because it was too effective at dropping the crime rate and the black population complained they were being singled out. As a result, the crime rate now is rising with regards to aggravated assaults with weapons.

well said

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

THAT.

Oh, how I'd LOVE to see her try.. .

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Redneck

THAT.

Oh, how I'd LOVE to see her try.. .

The poor LEO's being the first line of defense in Unconstitutional law enforcement at the behest of politicos will be a sad place to be, we mash the politicos now, the LEO's wont have to come, WIN, WIN. smile

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It seems that urbaneruralite isn't so bright.

Can I get a paid job also for being a liar who twists the truth?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
She's just an ignorant kc-hunt that hasn't had the stupid polled outta her yet.

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This is what he likely had in mind when he recommended the stop and frisk power for cops.

[Linked Image]

Not to justify it, since it's bad policy in general, but too many folks like this are walking around with "nines" and "gats."

Not sure what the solution is, but eliminating the general right to be left alone by government agents isn't likely it.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'll be glad to explain it. Trump is referring to the "Terry Search" issue which SCOTUS ruled on in 1968. Basically if the police stop and talk to someone, they have the right to make certain they (the police) are safe.
That's a problematic ruling. It allow a cop essentially to search anyone they wish, even when no probable cause exists. It's basically a way of getting around the Fourth Amendment by artifice.

U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
I'm cool with it as long as he only does it to other people.

OK, seriously, Trump's tactic here was tried in the South long ago. It took decades to get that anchor from around our necks. The law has to work for everyone equally or it works only for the rich and empowered. This applies to everything from a cop frisking your wife because she's stacked to a cop accidentally shooting himself with an unfamiliar gun and blaming your for it.

So, unless you are already in line to kiss your sheriff's backside, I suggest you use your vote for someone who does not want to send the SS after your neighbor. They might get the address wrong.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

It's a damn shame people like urbanruralite, robjordan and others of the #nevertrumpers, don't/can't seem to grasp the reality that there are only two viable candidates on the ticket....kind of a good vs. evil thing and there is no in between.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
urbanruralite

You're trying your best...but it ain't gonna work dude!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.