Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm just saying spend your dollars elsewhere when you can as they don't care about the cops that come when they call. Seems there's always one parked in front for a shoplifter or whatever.

You lost me with this one. If there is a shoplifter, the have as much right to be protected by the law as any other store, or person. Then cop could be inside getting a bag of donuts, who knows.

I know a lot of people here have a hard on for Walmart, and them putting Mom and Pop out of business, but my take is a little different. Mom and Pop got old, and JR. put them out of business. People wanting to spend less for throw away junk instead of more for better quality, put them out of business. Lots of reasons that Mom and Pop went out of business and Walmart doing things more cost effective is one of them, but they have cracks in their Armor if one was willing to put up the money and find them. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
BP-B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by milespatton
I'm just saying spend your dollars elsewhere when you can as they don't care about the cops that come when they call. Seems there's always one parked in front for a shoplifter or whatever.

You lost me with this one. If there is a shoplifter, the have as much right to be protected by the law as any other store, or person. Then cop could be inside getting a bag of donuts, who knows.

I know a lot of people here have a hard on for Walmart, and them putting Mom and Pop out of business, but my take is a little different. Mom and Pop got old, and JR. put them out of business. People wanting to spend less for throw away junk instead of more for better quality, put them out of business. Lots of reasons that Mom and Pop went out of business and Walmart doing things more cost effective is one of them, but they have cracks in their Armor if one was willing to put up the money and find them. miles

If it wasn't walmart putting mom and pop out of business it would somebody else. The times changed and most folks don't want to spend there weekend driving to 10 stores to pick up 10 things.

I don't like the trend, but blaming McDonalds and Walmart for giving folks what they clearly want doesn't make sense.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our local Walmart was my only source of powder until just recently when a gun store opened here.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Walmart is great. Keeps those people from shopping where I shop.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
When one of my sons and a couple of buddies were caught "shoplifting" a few things at Walmart one night a couple of years ago, I was steamed........ at my son. But when Walmart extorted me to the tune of 500% of the value of stuff they had with them - only a fraction of which they had taken from the store- I paid it to avoid protracted legal adventures....

You paid it to keep your kid from suffering consequences of his bad behavior. Way to go, superdad.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by BamBam
pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

This schit always cracks me up. I'm sure there are lots around who fell you make too much and should give them some.

I'm still waiting for my profit sharing check.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BamBam
pay me better and I'll take care living better.they can afford it.

This schit always cracks me up. I'm sure there are lots around who fell you make too much and should give them some.

I'm still waiting for my profit sharing check.

Keep waiting, but I did get a $3,600 bonus at Christmas last year, The whole crew got something. let's see what they do this year. Plus I get $10 over scale and 50 bucks a day gas and tolls :-) I guess they can afford it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are a hard one, Walmart apologized for one employee's bias, and offered to make the cake, and you want to boycott? So as much as the left hates Walmart, all they need to do is plant one employee in a Walmart and have them shout "down with the pigs" and you want to boycott them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh yes let's boycott Walmart and go buy guns and ammo at Sears or KMart....

Oops every other large general retail chain in the country caved to the gun grabbers decades ago and stopped selling all guns and ammo. That's right 100% cave in decades ago.

So instead of showing WM some appreciation for standing up to the leftist morons and carrying some guns and ammo many in the gun owner community complain that they choose not to carry AR type rifles.

IMO having a major retailer continue to carry a limited variety of guns and ammo is better than nothing.

Last edited by silver78; 09/29/16.
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
725 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.