Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have a 308 AR with an aimpoint PRO. Aimpoint is adding a 3x magnifier red dots --for $300 -- and adjustable for your eye.

Should be easy to hunt with to 200 yards.

The mount allows removal of the 3x magnifier so you just snap it off when at home.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
There is an arse for every seat but for me, I don't get the utility of a red dot. A 1 x 4 scope or a receiver sight is just as quick and the scope definitely offers more precision. And for me, the receiver sight does too because I have a slight astigmatism that keeps the dot from being precisely sharp. But I think even were that not the case, I would prefer the low power scope for all purposes.

I think the red dot is good for guys who never learned to shoot optics with both eyes open. They get the red dot and feel like it is quicker. But if you shoot with both eyes open, it isn't any quicker than anything else.

Red dots work in low light with dark background; scopes not so much. I was raised on wing shooting, what is this "one eye closed" phenomenon you speak of?

I have astigmatism too, take a look at the targets above at let me know how it works.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
There is an arse for every seat but for me, I don't get the utility of a red dot. A 1 x 4 scope or a receiver sight is just as quick and the scope definitely offers more precision. And for me, the receiver sight does too because I have a slight astigmatism that keeps the dot from being precisely sharp. But I think even were that not the case, I would prefer the low power scope for all purposes.

I think the red dot is good for guys who never learned to shoot optics with both eyes open. They get the red dot and feel like it is quicker. But if you shoot with both eyes open, it isn't any quicker than anything else.

Red dots work in low light with dark background; scopes not so much. I was raised on wing shooting, what is this "one eye closed" phenomenon you speak of?

I have astigmatism too, take a look at the targets above at let me know how it works.

As I said there is an arse for every seat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GFY

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
GFY

For saying that everyone has an opinion and than no one's opinion is superior when things are merely a matter of personal preference? Are you actually retarded or just completely illiterate?

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I dunno chitt about Aimpoint but have three rifles with Millett SP-1 red dots. They have a 3 MOA dot, a range of 11 brightness settings and cost about $75.

I think they work OK and seem to stand up to recoil well. Haven't had a failure since the first was purchased in '98. Had to replace a battery on one about a year back.

I'd call them close to MOA capable but can't give a definitive measure.

I've had two of the Millet red dots. Switched them around between a pimped out 10/22, a .222 rem 600 and a 20ga shotgun. As mentioned, 11 brightness settings. Only issue I had was operator error ... forgetting to turn off the dot when I was finished shooting. No auto off.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GFY

For saying that everyone has an opinion and than no one's opinion is superior when things are merely a matter of personal preference? Are you actually retarded or just completely illiterate?

Your use of "arse" made me think you were one of those brilliant English fellows, but your failure to comprehend the acronym for "Good For You" illustrates the error of my assumption.

"One can deliver a satire with telling force through the insidious medium of a travesty, if he is careful not to overwhelm the satire with the extraneous interest of the travesty." -Twain

I am..........disturbed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
GFY

Your use of "arse" made me think you were one of those brilliant English fellows, but your failure to comprehend the acronym for "Good For You" illustrates the error of my assumption.

"One can deliver a satire with telling force through the insidious medium of a travesty, if he is careful not to overwhelm the satire with the extraneous interest of the travesty." -Twain

GFY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put one on a Marlin 444 for hog hunting in the creek bottoms. It took too long to get on target when the light and shadows change constantly as you move along.

It is wearing a 1x4 loopie now.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rollin'......... laugh

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.