Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.

I think you need to check the first chapter of Genesis.

Genesis 1:14-19
"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;' and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

I have checked in the original Greek and Aramaic and Hebrew. The original word meant a "creative event or an epoch, saga or period of unspecified length." There is no such word in the English language. When the writing was inspired to Moses the word day "it was sunrise to sunset or moon rise to moon rise" as a measurement of time was not invented into their language.

Last edited by MissouriEd; 09/30/16.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Time is a creation of man and the terms, I.e. Year, month as a measurement system. That was only invented 3-4000 years ago. The term light year is meaningless in deep space or to God whom is outside of time.

"Then God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth;' and it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good. There was evening and there was morning, a fourth day."

I have checked in the original Greek and Aramaic. The original word meant a "creative event." There is no such word in the English language. When the writing was inspired to Moses the word day as a measurement of time was not invented into their language.

Wasting your time sport, that arse doesn't listen to anything outside ringy-world.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business" Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times? Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked? Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.) But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue. You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise. You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place? Again - you. And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

OK Snyper - RWE just nailed you here - analyzed and described your proclivities. Nice job RWE.

Snyper, you know that my post using the term "Antelope Snyper" had zero to do with Christianity. It was an illumination of Antelope Sniper's devious techniques - that's all. That writing stirred a reminder of some of your own techniques and sensitivities.

So, I substituted with "Snyper" for the fun of it. Looks like a proprietary bent triggered your assumption phase, and your little rant. Snyper - it was merely in jest. No harm intended.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you not see the insanity in trying to quote the fairy tale in an effort to prove the fairy tale is real?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Do you not see the insanity in believing in nothing while trying to prove your belief in nothing to folks that know there isn't nothing, there's definitely something. 🙃

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

Yes, one who's constantly telling others how he's so much more intelligent should be able to get details correct.
He used my name, which makes it "my business" Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times? Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked? Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.) But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue. You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise. You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place? Again - you. And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

OK Snyper - RWE just nailed you here - analyzed and described your proclivities. Nice job RWE.

Snyper, you know that my post using the term "Antelope Snyper" had zero to do with Christianity. It was an illumination of Antelope Sniper's devious techniques - that's all. That writing stirred a reminder of some of your own techniques and sensitivities.

So, I substituted with "Snyper" for the fun of it. Looks like a proprietary bent triggered your assumption phase, and your little rant. Snyper - it was merely in jest. No harm intended.

As I predicted, here you are exhibiting your superiority complex, sucking up to your butt buddies, and being an ass in general (In other words, your usual self)

Typical pretend "christian" trolling at it's finest.
(And you proved RWE's "misspelling" theory was wrong too)

So much for the superior intelligence. wink

Now, who's the dick here

It's still you two.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

But that's just me.

He used my name, which makes it "my business"

Neither of us mentioned you at all wink

actually he posted "Antelope Snyper", which you make the assumption is you? Maybe he mispelled after seeing your blather too many times?

Maybe your unique spelling should be trademarked?

Now, who's the dick here that recently posted about making assumptions without facts? (I'll save you the higher brain function - it was you.)

But you went off on him, assuming it was you.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue.

You like to interject in conflict for your own amusement, and have no intentions of doing otherwise.

You did mention me, the oft so many times you high handed Christians in general on an open forum no less.

You may seek to point out the paradox, but who espoused the minding your own business mantra in the first place?

Again - you.

And save that whole 'role model Christian condemnation' crap about me setting an example or being a hypocrite. Outside of this freakshow, you know nothing about me.

My "assumption" was correct, as he has admitted.
If you will take the time to read the title of this thread, you will see I didn't "interject myself into conflict" any more than anyone else who posted. I answered the question which was asked.
You're doing the exact thing you're accusing me of, and pretending (yet again) you're somehow superior.

All you've succeeded in doing is proving everything I said was true.

Of course, you go off on anyone, anytime, for any reason, just to amuse yourself - you've posted that before - hence, the "mind your own f'n business" issue.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I've said, and makes me question your reading comprehension

If you don't like my posts, there's an easy to use "Ignore" feature for your convenience. I have several on ignore myself and it works great. You should give it a try.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
F'in A! wink

Actually, change that part about "parading their Christianity" and such to "parading their faith" - that same kind of thing can be found in some people of most every religion, Christians certainly don't have a monopoly on that.

Including the religion of atheism.

Atheism is not a religion. It's the non-acceptance of theistic claims. You can be an atheist and subscribe to many different philosophies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by smarquez
The whole "Christians aren't perfect" is a cop out to me.

There has only been one "perfect" person, and that was Jesus. I'm sure there are Christians who think they're perfect, just like there are non-Christians who do so as well. Now, I see you're from California, so you must know what the rest of the country thinks about California. Does that mean you're one of those extreme leftist leaning wacko Hollywood types, just because you're from the same state? I'm sure there are many good Californians, just as there are many Christians who don't think they're perfect.

Even an elementary understanding of Christianity reveals that being perfect and being a Christian are contradictions.

Heck,

Being human and being perfect is contradictory.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.