Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. (Psalm 53:1)

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Scientific "truths" are always subject to change as more information becomes available.

Once a man discovers that he indeed has a Creator, and that his Creator takes an interest in him, personally, that becomes a settled matter. It becomes the Great Fact in the man's life.
His concept of his Creator may change over time, but the existence of his Creator is beyond question.

Faith has become belief. The evidence is in the man's mind and is not subject to review.

As far as approaching it from a scientific angle, Dr. William James did that over a hundred years ago. I doubt that any of our resident Atheists have read his "Varieties of Religious Experiences" in its entirety. - - -

Thanks for this. Let's hope that some can get their minds wrapped around it.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by persiandog
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try - - - - - And the world will live as one

I remember some of these as the lyrics to a rather trite song written by an overpaid rock star. I'd like to understand, so kindly explain. Did you post this as a paean for some set of values, or as a reminder of the limitations of mankind and the silliness of an earthly utopia, or ??

i just don't like dogma , like to imagine and challenge any thing. thats all.

Persian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's really very simple...... if a man honestly searches for his Creator, he can find none but Jesus.

He need not worry about finding the "wrong god", nor does he need to concern himself with Satan. [if you think the Bible teaches otherwise, then you , or the Bible, are wrong]

I used "you" in the generic sense.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try - - - - - And the world will live as one

I remember some of these as the lyrics to a rather trite song written by an overpaid rock star. I'd like to understand, so kindly explain. Did you post this as a paean for some set of values, or as a reminder of the limitations of mankind and the silliness of an earthly utopia, or ??

i just don't like dogma , like to imagine and challenge any thing. thats all.

Persian.

Seems to me that creativity, and imagination, are quite different than challenging a stated dogma.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's really very simple...... if a man honestly searches for his Creator, he can find none but Jesus.

He need not worry about finding the "wrong god", nor does he need to concern himself with Satan. [if you think the Bible teaches otherwise, then you , or the Bible, are wrong]

I used "you" in the generic sense.

reminds me of a well-intentioned Exocist that mistakenly excises the wrong demon out of a person.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's really hard to kill the wrong rattlesnake.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've found believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is a bunch more fun.

Still on the ledge about the Great Pumpkin.

So there is hope for you.....................you recognize ST. Nicholas and Christ's Mass. Stay tuned I am gonna help you make sense of it ALL!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's really hard to kill the wrong rattlesnake.

i'm in total agreement as you knew i would be. problem is, the PC around here are getting to where they don't want us hunting them, killin' them or nothin'

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.