Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by EdM
When we moved to Australia we also moved our dog, which was a major piece of work both in time and money. As we went through the process the documentation made clear that any of the "bull" breeds were not allowed. Once we arrived, to our surprise, the majority of the dogs we saw were "bull" variants.

Now Ed you know that is not right, we don't have any 'bulls' here, we only have 'pig dogs'...totally different thing.

Miss us yet?

We sure do.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Any dog that looks remotely like a pitbull is shot around my place. Same with all those "mean" breeds like Rottweilers, etc.

No need for regulation..... unless I'm shooting a double barrel.
By now, you'd think someone would have done something about you, which makes me doubt your story, since you're quite obviously still breathing.

You must live in a very strange place if you think my behavior with respect to dogs is aberrant.

Don't get much stranger than Florida.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Get ready for Lots of [b][color:#3333FF]FAILURES[/color][/b] in Toronto..

1 attempt, 4 seconds. Didn't need to scroll down to look at all of 'em.

It was easy, I live on the West Side.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
When we moved to Australia we also moved our dog, which was a major piece of work both in time and money. As we went through the process the documentation made clear that any of the "bull" breeds were not allowed. Once we arrived, to our surprise, the majority of the dogs we saw were "bull" variants.

The ID-the-pit test on the link was a slam-dunk fer me. And as further evidence I'm gonna throw in pics of the late, unlamented pit Petey, whom Rog kindly adopted and which later turned on him for no special reason. Keep in mind that Rog is an experienced dog guy. Petey had a normal upbringing, was well-socialized and never encouraged to be aggressive .

Folks at the time on this site assured me the young Petey weren't really a pit....

[Linked Image]

..but no one questioned the ID when he grew up (Rog's photo)....

[Linked Image]

Long way of saying I expect I can spot a pit as well as anyone. And thinking on it, it ain't just the appearance but the general demeanor of the dog. When the aggression switch ain't flipped, which it almost never is towards their owners, pits typically have a sort of affectionate, slobbery, yet pushy demeanor.

England has had a ban on pit-bulls for years.

Yet I saw them all over over there, most often in the hands of the same sort of morons who own 'em here.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 700LH
fighting breeds, including: American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog (Old Country bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary dog (Canary Island dog, Presa Canario, Perro de Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca de Bou), Tosa (Tosa inu, Tosa fighting dog, Japanese fighting dog, Japanese mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane di Macellaio, Sicilian branchiero), Fila Brasileiro (Brazilian mastiff

Should be shot on sight

This^^^
Nah. Let's shoot bird dogs. I like birds, and bird dogs help folks shoot birds. Birds are pretty.

Yep.

Pretty much a proven fact that bird dogs have an innate tendency ACT like bird dogs even though they may have never been trained for or taken out bird hunting. Familiar example, lots of urban labs will retrieve all day long, and they love water. Lots of pointers and Brittanys will range 40 yards out when walked off a leash and go on point all by themselves.

Same thing with the fighting/baiting breeds, they tend to act like what they've been bred for.

In our own small sampling among the members here we got a pit that went rogue in Corpus Christi and an American Bulldog that did the exact same in wherever BCBrian lives.

Birdwatcher

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pit-bull life's matter.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (14idaho, 35, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.