Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wife and I went to movies the other night... only one of the three decent choices when we were there Saturday night...

We both thought it was a pretty darn good movie...

Starred Ben Affleck with I am sure might not thrill a number of campfire members but it was a very good movie in spite of that... he did a good job with the character he portrayed...

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
+1.

Saw it tonight. Pretty good thriller.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Better him than Cruise. Still can't believe that pathetic short wimp is portraying Jack Reacher

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Better him than Cruise. Still can't believe that pathetic short wimp is portraying Jack Reacher
I still can't believe that pathetic short wimp Audie Murphy won all those medals in WWII.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I still don't believe.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sort of takes the glow off of Affleck when he rails on against private ownership of guns, doesn't it?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by las
I still can't believe that pathetic short wimp Audie Murphy won all those medals in WWII.

I can't believe you used pathetic and wimp to describe Audie Murphy.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I plan to see the movie.

And think what you will, but Audie Murphy was a pure unadulterated natural born hero. Upstairs in the amphitheater at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier there is a place called the Hall of Heroes. All the countries that have been our allies have awarded their highest medal to the remains that are entombed there. Their equivalent of our CMOH. There are display cases with those medals, and a wall with the names of all our MOH winners on little gold plaques. Standing alone on the floor is a small gold podium inscribed on top with a bit of prose (poem?) from Audie Murphy. If you are ever able to enter that space and read it, and don't get a lump in your throat, you are a lot tougher than me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Originally Posted by las

I can't believe you used pathetic and wimp to describe Audie Murphy.

Pretty sure he forgot to use the sarcasm font. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I won't spend my hard earned money on box office releases for Ben or Tom Hanks since they came out for Hillary. I will watch the movies when I can see them in red box for a $1. I know we can't avoid everyone in Hollywood but they are measured by movie release $$$ made.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Another democrat that's against guns making money using guns. That makes a lot of sense. He won't be getting mine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las

I think las's point is that in all the Lee Child books, Jack Reacher's top distinguishing characteristic is that he's 6' 5" tall and 250 pounds of muscle. His huge size is a plot device in a number of the stories. Screenwrite those stories with a much smaller man in that role (regardless of attitude, acting ability, etc.) and you'll have to modify the plot to make sense.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 16 invisible), 1,407 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.