Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not quite halfway into the season and the Pack is already suffering from injury losses. Not an optimistic outlook with no running backs and a depleted defense.

I don't get the comments about Rodgers not being protected. He had all the time in the world back there waiting for receivers to come open. That's amazing considering the Bears could just about count on a pass play every time.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Bears are just an awful team this year. The Packers have few offensive weapons, no run game, a mediocre defense, and a QB who is losing his accuracy and control.

Time for some major shake-ups in the off-season, starting with McCarthy.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
The Bears are just an awful team [/s]this year[s].

Fixed it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I don't get the comments about Rodgers not being protected. He had all the time in the world back there waiting for receivers to come open. That's amazing considering the Bears could just about count on a pass play every time.

Rocky,
ARod has indeed had time - the Packers offensive line is pretty decent. But the main reason he's had time is teams are purposely giving him time - choosing to rush only four, keeping the outside guys wide, hemming him in the pocket. And only occasionally bringing a blitz.

And they're doing it because defenses know their tendencies and routes to a step. smile Denver wrote the script for everyone to follow and it's worked nearly 1.5 seasons now.

The Packers offense is predicated on three-step-drop and gone (or shotgun), or, it's ARod improvising outside the pocket due to pressure. The offense has become terribly predictable with very little presnap shifts, even less man-in-motion at snap, almost no stacked or bunched WR formations, no screen game, nothing imaginative or creative in the playbook for the last 3 years or so. And ZERO help from the TE position.

Even with a healthy Lacy in the backfield and two tight ends, that's three potential weapons on the field that can't get open or catch the ball out of the backfield.

ARod might have a few issues right now but most of it is based on the above. He hasn't lost it or gone Hollywood - he's frustrated and I can't blame him.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A friend sent this to me and sums it up for me. grin

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is what happens when you have to play without the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
This is what happens when you have to play without the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler.

Dave

From their record, it appears to be what happens when you play WITH the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler, also!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by roundoak
A friend sent this to me and sums it up for me. grin

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunReader

From their record, it appears to be what happens when you play WITH the leadership and instincts of Jay Cutler, also!

You take that back.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunReader
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Perhaps it shows that Jay Cutler doesn't make a damned bit of difference one way or the other; it's the whole operation that sucks.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Look how long it took for MN to get cocky.

JFC.

Travis

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by 4ager

Time for some major shake-ups in the off-season, starting with McCarthy.

I guess I can't see why such intense disliking of McCarthy. His won-lost percentage of present coaches with at least 50 wins with their present team ranks very high.

Just because a team has one of the best QBs in the league doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. Ask Miami how many Super Bowls they won with one of the best QBs of all time, part of it with a Hall of Fame head coach.

I have been a Packer fan for over 65 years and have seen both highs and lows for Packer fans in that length of time. I have seen times when the head coach deserved to be canned for a 1-10-1 record but not just because he doesn't win all the time. I don't expect them to win all the time, but I enjoy it when they do win. If they lose I don't see the profit of blaming a coach who has had one losing season in the last ten years he has coached with that team. It's a cinch that if Green Bay lets him go there will be teams lining up to sign him and chances are his replacement will do no better, and probably worse.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
I think a change would be good for the organization and the coach. Things get stale over time. I don't dislike McCarthy or Thompson. They've had a pretty good run. However, there no sense of urgency at 1265. Everyone seems to be very comfortable. I don't think that's good for the team.

A new job somewhere else might rekindle the spark McCarthy once had. Just watching how abrasive he is with the local media demonstrates either a high level of frustration or a complete lack of accountability. New blood would be good for everyone. I've only been a fan for about 45 years, but I certainly remember some dark times. I have no desire to go back.

The scheme and play calling have gotten extremely predictable. Thompson's stubborn refusal to look at free agency is equally predictable. We need a new perspective and a renewed fire! I'd be very happy to see Eliot in the drivers seat. Let him choose his guy and let's get competitive again. I'm sick of the mediocrity!

I know McCarthy won't be unemployed long and I wish him well. Somewhere else...

Last edited by Bobmar; 10/21/16.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I think a change would be good for the organization and the coach.

Maybe for the coach but I doubt it would do much for the organization.

The scheme and play calling have gotten extremely predictable.

The personal has a lot to do with this. You have to play the hand that you are dealt with. Overall I don't think the Packers are quite as good man for man as some people would like to think they are. I know I would love to see a season without injuries to important players just once.

Thompson's stubborn refusal to look at free agency is equally predictable.

Often for very good reasons. Next years off-season is going to be tough because of the salary cap and the amount of players up for new contracts. Signing free agents would have made it that much worse.

I'm sick of the mediocrity!

I guess I don't consider a .654 wining percentage as mediocre. There's a lot of teams who would love to have that problem. There are also a lot of coaches past and present who won at least 100 times who cant make that claim. Those are facts not emotions. wink

Pity the poor Panthers. They lose the Super Bowl and then start the season 1 and 5. smile

Larry
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
I hear you Mr Idared. You make some good points, but I respectfully disagree. I don't pity any other team. I don't care what they do. If you support the current regime and their way of doing business, so be it. I'm sure that philosophy has contributed to their level of comfort.

I don't support losing your mind in free agency. Look at the teams that have. But, on the other hand, there have been times when players who could readily contribute, never even got a call. It drives me nuts when Ted says" we like the players that we have" or "you dance with the one that brought you".

As far as my thought regarding scheme and play calling, you made my point for me!

Long Break!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
boycott the NFL...screw 'em!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Bobmar

The only reason I mentioned the Panthers was because I don't hear people calling for Ron Rivera"s head like they do McCarthy.

You mentioned the dark times in the franchise's history and I remember those too. I don't know if you remember when the Packers in 1958 went 1-10-1 for the season or not. They were so bad that the player they drafted with the first choice of the draft went to Canada rather than play in Green Bay. mad That is the low point for me as a fan. Maybe that's why I am a little more tolerant of the present regime. Nothing can be as bad as that was.

I guess the biggest difference in us is I am happy the team has had the success they have during McCarthy's rein while it appears you think they should have done better. I would like them to have done better but I can't bring myself to be totally disappointed in being one of only two teams to have been in the playoffs the last seven years in a row. I just don't expect them to win all the time.

I do respect your opinions but like you I respectfully disagree with some of them. The main thing is you evidently are a longtime fan of the organization and that is what matters most.

Wishing you a pleasant evening.

Larry
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
Thanks Larry, you too.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rodgers be puzzie whupped!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,738
Posts18,457,613
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.