Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Back in my competition days we use to glue the connector link to the trigger for a consistent pull with accuglass. We were not worried about safety because of single shot loading and the safety was removed to save weight. 10 pounds 2 ounce for a silhouette rifle. If i were to use a Walker trigger (which I won't) in a 700 I would use this mod and a matter of course.

GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The anti gun crowd at msnbc is laughing at all this palaver going on. People will drink kool-aid and not know that they have been duped. Gun owners fighting among themselves is what the anti-s want. If you don't like remingtons, go trade at the local gun store or be quiet. Simple inspections and cleanings of the trigger mecanisms yearly will fix these problems. Problems come about because ops turn screws and don't know what they are adjusting or try to let off on the cocking sear for that smooth trigger. Ha all remingtons can be made to fire when the bolt is closed just adjust the sear too light, but this goes for all guns. Traded for a model 70 win, years ago that would go off sometimes when bumped on the floor. Upon inspection the cocking sear was barely making contact, causing an unsafe condition. Have owned brownings, winchesters marlins, remingtons, and rugers they are all good guns. Automobiles can be made unsafe if you adjust the brakes improperly. People are their worst enemy. Gun owners need to unite not bicker all the time. For me i will never believe anything that comes from msnbc, cnn, nbc, cbs, abc. If you watch those network news casts, your mind will will become engulfed with liberalism.

(Liberalism is a mental disorder, Michael savage radio show) member of donald's deplorables
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Mike Walker realised early on that the sear connector was a superfluous part which was not really necessary for decent feel. Initially the connector was included in the design for two reasons. First, it allowed for minimal over travel which was considered to be an important attribute. Secondly (and, without a doubt, most important from a corporate standpoint) it allowed for the use of a cheap, easily made, trigger lever(aluminum in early trigger, sintered metal later on). In examining scores of these triggers, I have only seen one wherein the sear connector was contributory to trigger malfunction. In that particular instance the sear connector was broken. In every other instance where there was a case of the rifle firing on safety release, the cause was either with a safety which was dimensionally wrong and did not lift the sear out of engagement, or the trigger was improperly adjusted, or the trigger was full of debris.
I have seen exactly the same malfunction occur on Model 70 rifles and for similar reasons; the safety was improperly fitted and did not cam the striker off the sear. When Timney triggers fail in the same manner (and they do) it is generally due to improper adjustment, or wear of the sear or trigger, or debris in the trigger housing. GD

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have Timney in all my 7's and 700's

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.