-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess in JG's defense, Texas is flat and they sit in recliners that someone hoisted up into a box blind. I would probably think Kimbers were dumb if I hunted over a corn feeder too.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Here is my tikka T3 lite 30-06. Stock is painted and foam filled($25 total), makes a big improvement in my opinion. Some see value in price, some are more prone to look at performance. It's a personal preference and neither of which is wrong. This gun easily shoots sub moa, is lite just like the name and the action is the slickest I've ever run. For the extra pound I have no reason to part with the extra $600 bucks because it performs very very well. I am sure a kimber is fantastic but the difference in any actual measurable performance is minimal if at all , the rest is preference. We might as well argue who's better blondes or brunettes.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have both Kimbers and Tikkas. Love them all. None of them are original as supplied out of the box. If I'm hunting on foot, I usually grab a Kimber for its light weight, resistance to elements and the added safety of the 3 position. If I'm hunting in or on stand, I'm more likely to use a Tikka.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I guess in JG's defense, Texas is flat and they sit in recliners that someone hoisted up into a box blind. I would probably think Kimbers were dumb if I hunted over a corn feeder too.

How did you know? These mule deer flock to corn like you do to dumbassery.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I only have the one, but the trigger on my Kimber 8400M is the best trigger I've personally ever used, to include Jewell and Timney CE and worked on Walker M700's...... I just love it. I've got it set really light right now for the purpose of chasing down flyers from prone, maybe even a bit lighter than I'll hunt with this fall but for now, it's killer.... I'd be surprised if it's over a pound. Like a wee little glass rod breaking, and the same blessed wee little rod every time. If I could retrofit this trigger into my M700's for $250 I'd do every one of them.

They get less chatter, and nobody will ever call them slender, but the WSM Montana's are nice rifles. Mine is a 7 WSM currently so it's basically a really light 7-mag. A guy can do a lot with a light 7-mag. Combined with an excellent stock and superb trigger, all that's left is having a barrel that shoots, and that can be arranged without too much trouble.

To truly get full potential from such a rifle is non-trivial, though that's partly because the potential is so sky-high <g>..... It will show you your ass. Great platform to train with, though, as heavier rifles are then a breeze to shoot well. As always, light rifle, light trigger.

The new Open Country is interesting! A new CF/Kevlar Kimber stock.... with a bigger barrel channel.... oh my...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would never throw rocks at the Kimber, as I have no experience with them. I just really like my Tikkas.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
How did you know? These mule deer flock to corn like you do to dumbassery.

grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,837
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.