Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
It is official! The holidays are here as UPS rolls out it's zero emission delivery service!
[Linked Image]

I live in a gated community of just over 900 homes and the back gate entrance is across from the regional UPS service center. Three years ago they had 3 wheel bicycles pulling the small carts but last year they switched to electric powered golf carts. Must be heck to be low man on the totem pole and have to take the golf cart instead of the big brown truck smile

Last edited by old_willys; 11/29/16.

Ted
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How are the emissions from the power plants used to recharge those carts?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Beat me to it. eek

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If this passes for California/UPS logic, then no wonder they are legislating to tax cow farts.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The joke is that they still have emissions but you cant tell that to the Tesla owning gen X that lives in the house shown behind the UPS cart. No matter how many times I ask the guy he will not agree his electricity is coming from a "dirty" coal plant smile

Ted
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I worked seasonal help for UPS for a couple of years before I was hired full time . Rode a rented Murry bicyle with a Troy Built cart wired [by me] to the seat post . UPS put packages at an employees house in the area I delivered in .

The people who work that time of year are trying to get hired full time -usually- and the person who delivers the most and does the best job usually gets hired . I blew them all away delivering over triple the amount of packages of some people .

I would stand up and peddle the bike as fast as a single speed bike can go when arriving at the delivery address slam on the brake grab the package/packages and run to the door .
Tried putting the kickstand down but the Troybuilt cart would push it off the stand almost everytime - so I would just lay it down and go . The bike was shot after a month of 5 days a week 9-10 hours a day .
UPS had to buy the bike due to its condition but laughed that it was worth it .
Local news did a story on it -UPS actually used bikes many many years ago -they came out and interviewed me - I answered a couple of questions about how I liked doing it etc ..
The boss at UPS told me to ride civilized and not do what I had been doing -so I had to chill out and go slow for the interview .

I was already in shape - but after weeks of riding & running 9-10 hours 5 days a week my stomach was ripped to the max .
They would wait every evening for me to bring my DIAD BOARD in to see how bad I beat the others each day -THE OTHERS- didn't seem to enjoy hearing the outcome .
UPS was too boring for me to stay on with the company -I only worked about 1 year then moved on .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The problem is that UPS is willing to stoop to this lunacy in order to gain a favorable status with its customers. The second problem is that their customers are too stupid to recognize stupidity. Instead they perceive UPS as a virtuous company.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think I would rather take the golf cart than have to rassle a big truck around some area.

Do those guys HAVE to wear shorts? My legs are terrible.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bigwhoop ,

I'm not sure UPS is claiming they're "green" but maybe ..

kennyd -no you don't have to wear shorts -my legs are fine are -ok- but my feet are glowing white -I wear sunglasses when I'm bare-footed .LAF .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 338rcm, 31 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,338
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.