-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
College football pivots on the coaches (as it should be). Nick Saban will go down as the most successful college football coach in college football history, for a some time period. Is there any wonder that a large percentage of successful football coaches came from under Saban's coaching tenure?

There are others out there, like Harbaugh and Meyer, that are cut from the same cloth, but even they are bested by Saban at this point in time.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco
They ain't gonna beat Bama

That's what we said about Urban Meyer's Utah team!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I'm missing something or just don't understand. How, exactly, is the game rigged in Saban's favor?

I am not saying that there is anything illegal going on, just saying that the mystique of playing for Alabama, even though you sit on the bench, gives Him an advantage in recruiting. Players will stay an extra year figuring on playing for a National title, again an advantage. Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State, Miami and some others have had it over the years and it leads to a run of great teams. Again nothing illegal, but an advantage in recruiting that is hard for opponents in your conference to overcome. Saban is a real good coach, but having better than average players helps a great deal. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotcha. I don't know if it will help your cause any, but we now have 3 quarterbacks who are transferring. I don't think they will be SEC eligible though.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/12/alabamas_inevitable_qb_exodus.html#incart_2box

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now, Quarterback is not our problem. Defensive spots across the board, and our offensive line never was right this season. They kept shifting people around, but they never Jelled. Nearly every year depth is a problem at most spots, again a place that Alabama excels. One reason that they roll at the end of games. They are never easy, and seldom beatable. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Gotcha. I don't know if it will help your cause any, but we now have 3 quarterbacks who are transferring. I don't think they will be SEC eligible though.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/12/alabamas_inevitable_qb_exodus.html#incart_2box

Barnett to Arizona State

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guys on the line make a championship team. If you're beat upfront it's over. It doesn't matter how talented your backs and receivers are, the ball won't move forward when they're on their backs! Recruiting, strategy and discipline are the hallmarks of a master in the coaching profession, Saban is a step above the others at this moment and why he continually has a top tier team. It won't last forever, but still impressive none-the-less.

I've enjoyed Bama and SEC ball for awhile and can tell you that I can't help but laugh at the sports media who has their same darling teams every year and Alabama has never been one of them, that includes Saban. They perpetually kiss the ass of Ohio State, Auburn, USC (Cali) like no other teams out there and has been that way for awhile. Nothing's sweeter than watching Penn State, or Washington, or an Arkansas in your instance kick their asses. The only reason that Bama and several other top teams get their mention is because they have a winning program and nothing more. I can't tell you how many times I've watched a Bama game and they televise some damned highlights for Auburn 2 to 3 times a game from the past 10 years and they aren't even playing together in the game thats being televised. The sports press is as biased as the political pundits with a lot of crony horsescheeeit going on which pisses me off because it screws over those kids killing themselves on the field, while the fat bastards who are rigging it all at the top reap the rewards. Just look at the BCS nightmare, the only reason they threw in the 4 team play off was to ease the pissed off masses that eventually tire of it and watch something else. They need at least an 8 team (preferably 16) playoff to make it an honest system, but those fat bastards know they will lose the control they have over the programming, so, here we sit, stuck with a half-assed system in place. It all stinks and everyone (except tOSU fans) know it!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.