Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My mother put a contractor bag of dirty laundry in the back of the truck when we went in to Tok flying in with Charlie Warbelow and Leif Wilson. We found out that we took the dirty laundry instead of the dehydrated MH. I had enough back up MH that my father who was diabetic and had to have regular food was taken care off. I ate blueberries and powdered milk for seven days until we killed our rams. I freaking check the food before we go out.

Sincerely,
Thomas

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I made it all the way (5 hours) to go grouse hunting in late September in Northern Colorado and forgot my sleeping bag. I had long, cold night, half by the fire and the other half wrapped up in a blanket with boot warmers. Short trip. Headed home the next evening.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Instead of things I forgot,

How about things I'd like to take with me?

I'd love to go out in the field and a rough weather environment for a couple of days and nights with Paddler and R. Gin-T-her....

Can you imagine how entertaining that would be???

with their K Mart Sleeping Bag, cheapo tent, poor choice of footwear and outerwear...

that after having to send out Search & Rescue to find their lost asses... if a bear or coyote wasn't caught snacking on their carcasses...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gee Stealhead, aren't "bullets" included in your ammunition?

I take cartridges, most times smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I can't imagine sleeping w/o a sleeping bag

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I sooner try to drain the ocean with a teaspoon than quarter an elk with a Swiss Army Knife. Just the thought of it raises blisters on my thumbs. Truly the embodiment of the saying "where there's a will there's a way".

I would be de-boneing.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I usually don't need much. Rifle, ammo, nocs and knife.....and TP. I didn't have TP when necessary one time and vowed to not rip up another t-shirt in a sleet storm.

A sharp knife has easily had me going commando a few times.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've forgot lots of hunting stuff, but fishing one time I left my full tackle box on the river bank, when driving 15 miles to my next stop. Of course it was gone when I got back, several $hundred's worth. I bought $10.00 worth of jig heads and twister tails and went fishing at dark. Caught my limit of very nice walleyes in an hour. The rest of the story, A cool old guy found my tackle box and I got it back a month or so later.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having not read the entire thread, long story short... I once forgot my rifle..

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
TP

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
I can't imagine sleeping w/o a sleeping bag

Not much sleeping... But I did get a couple of grouse before I headed home.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I sooner try to drain the ocean with a teaspoon than quarter an elk with a Swiss Army Knife. Just the thought of it raises blisters on my thumbs. Truly the embodiment of the saying "where there's a will there's a way".

I would be de-boneing.

I took apart my last 2 moose with a Havalon piranta, what are those? 2.5 inch blades maybe.....when you know how, you learn a big knife is generally more of a PITA than a small one...

Used to clean about 300 deer a year on a ranch we guided on, mostly with a 2 inch blade...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used a Rem. 760 single shot one day. frown No big deal, it still held more rounds than I needed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 163bc, 33 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.