Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
"I hate to call a guy during working hours. Most like to be called at the end of the day or evening so not to be disturbed"
Yeah, nothing I like better than to be called as I sit down at the table or have just kicked back in the old recliner. Calls on weekends and holidays are great too.
I'm sure TIG is by far the best way to go but, since I am retired, I won't weld enough bolts in the future to bother with it so I'll keep using gas or MIG. GD

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by powdr
No Dan, you're the lyingest SOB in all of Alaska. You kept my bolt exactly one month to the day. I sent you 3 emails during that time and I have them also. You sent it back not done. You don't have to say that Butch didn't call cause he's the only SOB dumb enough to take up for you on this board. You're a shallow and hateful man. I wish you nothing but continued troubles w/your lying ass. You keep fixin them your way and eventually you'll be out of a job. No customer service from you... just plain lying dumb ass pranks. You're a sorry Bastard. Hell you ain't the only guy in the world that can weld on a bolt. You think posting here is going to make it easier on your boy but you just made it worse. powdr

Chuckle chuckle chuckle, you must have some great whiskey!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had Dan build up a Mexican Mauser extractor claw, he did a first class job, good price, and speedy return. I would definitely do business with him again.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It may be legitimate to publically report a personal perception of poor service.

But the use ad hominem arguments to do so seems a bit much.
Ad hominem argument is shifting an argument or discussion from the point being discussed to the personality of the opponent by attacking the opponent's reputation and moral character, or referring to low intelligence, inferior social position, lack of education, or other perceived social or personal shortcomings. It is most often used when the original argument is poor at best, or not legitimate at worst. It should be enough to just state the facts - such as " I sent my item to this place and it took this long to get it back, which was this many days longer than promised". People can make up their own mind if they think it was poor service.

And vindictiveness is definitely excessive. To publically state an intention to hurt another person's business or livelihood because of perceived poor service may even be tortious.

How do I know all of this? Because I foolishly was like that myself.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.