Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Remington280
Return it and buy a Tikka. My Tikka shoots under or right at 1" @ 300 yds.

But first make sure it wasn't one listed on a recall for inferior metal. smirk

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm not buying a Kimber any time soon!

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Hell, maybe the gun blew up on him. No word on how the rifle performs now... I've been waiting a long time too. crazy I saw they have some of these Hunter models on sale for $797.00 at a LGS. Wondering how Nate's rifle is doing? Like I said, it was an extractor issue. They probably just installed a new one and now it works. Would like to know for sure though.

I had a Hunter in 6.5 I just sold. I love the gun. I'll get another at some point. It shot great with Federal 140gr Accubonds and Hornady 143gr eldx. It also shot MOA with Hornady 147gr eldx, Federal Fusion 140, and American Whitetail 140gr.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Hell, maybe the gun blew up on him. No word on how the rifle performs now... I've been waiting a long time too. crazy I saw they have some of these Hunter models on sale for $797.00 at a LGS. Wondering how Nate's rifle is doing? Like I said, it was an extractor issue. They probably just installed a new one and now it works. Would like to know for sure though.

I had a Hunter in 6.5 I just sold. I love the gun. I'll get another at some point. It shot great with Federal 140gr Accubonds and Hornady 143gr eldx. It also shot MOA with Hornady 147gr eldx, Federal Fusion 140, and American Whitetail 140gr.

Geez, sounds like a great rifle. Sorry to see you had to sell it. I'll probably go back to the fun store and really check out this 6.5 creed they have there again. The more I fondle it, the more I start thinking I need it.. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I can tell you that the second hand Montana in 6.5 CM I got for a whopping $800 is a peach. No issues feeding, or shooting in the accuracy dept! I was plinking prairie dog steel targets at 430 yards with it a few days ago.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

Geez, sounds like a great rifle. Sorry to see you had to sell it. I'll probably go back to the fun store and really check out this 6.5 creed they have there again. The more I fondle it, the more I start thinking I need it.. grin

I didn't have to sell it. I'm a loony....you know how it goes. I REALLY wish they made one in .223.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Have had three Kimbers. Now two, but a friend just had to have one of them, it was s shooter, and I sold it to him.

As far as the extraction video, I got back a re-barreled pre 64 70 from a great Smith and it did the same. How it got thru is odd, but he put on a new extractor and the issues was solved. NBD in the long run.

If I had the need for another factory rifle, it would be a Kimber 84 Montana.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to get a Kimber 84 of some sorts in .280 AI, but I'm not big on playing roulette.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Have 4 in my safe now and expect to add a Kimber Pro Varmint in 204 Ruger next month. not concerned about Roulette, 5 for 5 so far.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Besides the ejection issues it won’t feed the last round in the clip.

Can you elaborate on this. Do you mean it won't feed the last round loaded i.e. with a full magazine, or it won't feed with just one round in the magazine? If it's the former it's an easy fix that was addressed shortly after the 84M Hunter debuted at the SHOT show. If it's the latter please take a photo of the case head presentation with just one round in the magazine. Simply remove the bolt, insert a loaded magazine and look down the bolt hole. The magazine was designed to place the case head in the "perfect" position with the top of the primer barely visible at the bottom of the bolt hole providing as much of the case head as possible to the bolt face. Hunter rifles have significantly more case head presentation than any of the blind or trap door magazine variants from Kimber. If the magazine spring isn't defective, or the feedlips haven't been deformed due to the magazine being dropped there's no way for the bolt not to strip a round from the magazine.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by MCMXI
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Besides the ejection issues it won’t feed the last round in the clip.

Can you elaborate on this. Do you mean it won't feed the last round loaded i.e. with a full magazine, or it won't feed with just one round in the magazine? If it's the former it's an easy fix that was addressed shortly after the 84M Hunter debuted at the SHOT show. If it's the latter please take a photo of the case head presentation with just one round in the magazine. Simply remove the bolt, insert a loaded magazine and look down the bolt hole. The magazine was designed to place the case head in the "perfect" position with the top of the primer barely visible at the bottom of the bolt hole providing as much of the case head as possible to the bolt face. Hunter rifles have significantly more case head presentation than any of the blind or trap door magazine variants from Kimber. If the magazine spring isn't defective, or the feedlips haven't been deformed due to the magazine being dropped there's no way for the bolt not to strip a round from the magazine.

With a fully loaded magazine shoot eject shoot eject and when the last round comes up it has been pushed forward by the the other rounds being fed. This causes the bolt to skip right over the case and not feed. Leave one round out of the magazine and all feed correctly. I have a second replacement magazine and the issue is not there with that magazine. Kimber said to send it back for inspection. It’s just another issue that can be fixed or tweaked but that’s the whole issue I have with the rifle. New Kimber rifles shouldn’t need tweaked to operate. Others may disagree.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,032
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.