Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Brazos
WE ALL??

You obviously haven't read all of the posts. Most of them are very supportive of "you all".

If you dropped the "all" from your post I would agree with you. Hanco is out of touch on a lot of subjects and loves the sound bite.

The "all" is inclusive of only those that feel "all" millenials are useless and do not want to work.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by nealglen37
We will have a big problem with jobs building infrastructure, and bringing manufacturing back, millennials. Most of them can't or won't do anything that requires manual labor. Not all but most. Most people in big box stores who are building things are in their 50s. Most today don't know what it's like to actually put in a hard days work, where your sore and tired when you come home. I have seen so many 30 somethings that won't even mowe their lawns, or do any maintenance on their cars. Am I wrong, or just getting old, your thoughts

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/08/16/millennials-literally-cant-pull-their-weight-either/

No schidt...

Gen "X" ain't much better. They're having a hard time getting enough production employees to work overtime so they can run the plant on weekends. Even the union told them at a meeting a few weeks ago that if they don't want to work we can find someone who will.

Maybe they want to go fishing or hunting, or spend time with their wife/kids?

Sorry, but the days of owning your employees are coming to an end.

I think this has a lot to do with it. They saw their parents work to death and not there for them . Then they saw their parents get laid off after decades of loyalty to the company. I think they understand better than our generation that there is no such thing as loyalty in corporate America and they need to look out for themselves.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Cut off welfare and see how fast those 30 somethings toughen up and get to work.
This coddling shiett from cradle to grave by .gov is ending on 1/20/17..

I wish...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by fshaw
Casey I hope you're right but I'm not seeing Trump load his cabinet with people showing a track record of concern for the hourly worker and middle class. The 1%ers will take care of themselves long before they'll concern themselves about the rest of us.

We had eight years of a administration that supposedly had concern for the hourly worker. Warren Buffet and many other 1%ers threw their support behind that administration and the democrat nominee in this election. Guess Warren wasn't to influencial on getting himself to pay his "fare share".

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
.................................No, the only problems are your negative, defeatist attitude, grow a pair neal.

Trump Won!
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We have certainly seen this problem in the masonry industry. I don't know of a masonry contractor that is not hurting for masons and laborers. The industry is working hard to attract young people and instill a solid work ethic. It seems to be working, just going a bit slower than we would like.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by alpinecrick/
Americans regardless of age are willing to work--they just want to be paid an honest wage that will support them (and their family).

A lot of this is the same BS that claimed "illegal aliens are doing the work that Americans don't want to do". No, Americans don't want to be paid slave wages.Casey
Exactly right. The trouble is far too many companies expect folks to work for wages they can't possibly live on.

You are never gonna get rich flipping burgers and working the production line. When you can do something the next person won't or can't, then you become valuable.
Nobody said anything about getting rich flipping burgers you dumb SOB.

Wages will be what the market bears. Standing around a production line with one's thumb up his azz isn't all that valuable either, despite what the union bosses would have you believe.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fshaw
Casey I hope you're right but I'm not seeing Trump load his cabinet with people showing a track record of concern for the hourly worker and middle class. The 1%ers will take care of themselves long before they'll concern themselves about the rest of us. Congress for far too long, both Republican and Democrat, has passed tax laws that have resulted in the have/have not separation in our country far more than an unwillingness of millennials to work. I'd love to see a flat tax applied to all forms of income including dividends, bonuses, etc. Warren Buffet hit it pretty square when he said his secretary paid a higher rate of tax on earned money than he did. I don't see the incoming administration leading the charge to change that. I certainly do hope to be surprised but I think it's unlikely.

fshaw,

I gotta agree with you. I'm not entirely thrilled with a lot of Trump's picks either. I'm' hoping Trump "directs" them in a fashion that mostly lives up to his promises. I don't see Trump keeping somebody around that doesn't perform to his expectations--at least that has been his track record so far.

Trump has to be moderately successful early on because their is a LOT of people who are waiting to maul him and throw him aside otherwise.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
this is not a single tier issue, there is plenty of blame to go around,
Single mothers? No one to teach a boy how to change oil, or replace brakes and rotors.
Section 8 housing, where we house a bunch of inept people, to teach each other how to fail at life, and breed children that are F.A.B.
And an economy that stagnates its way through 1-3 % growth, killing jobs and opportunity for all but the luckiest who have ties to good jobs or education.

We need to show these young people that rewards come from sacrifice, and that sacrifice does have its rewards, neither of these are happening today.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by alpinecrick/
Americans regardless of age are willing to work--they just want to be paid an honest wage that will support them (and their family).

A lot of this is the same BS that claimed "illegal aliens are doing the work that Americans don't want to do". No, Americans don't want to be paid slave wages.Casey
Exactly right. The trouble is far too many companies expect folks to work for wages they can't possibly live on.

You are never gonna get rich flipping burgers and working the production line. When you can do something the next person won't or can't, then you become valuable.
Nobody said anything about getting rich flipping burgers you dumb SOB.

Wages will be what the market bears. Standing around a production line with one's thumb up his azz isn't all that valuable either, despite what the union bosses would have you believe.
Then why bother bringing manufacturing jobs back to the US ? Why all the excitement for Trumps plan to do so ? We don't need a bunch of low paying/minimum wage jobs in this Country. We've already got plenty of those and the middle class is shrinking up to nothing. We'll never have a booming economy again if nobody can afford to buy anything.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We have certainly seen this problem in the masonry industry. I don't know of a masonry contractor that is not hurting for masons and laborers. The industry is working hard to attract young people and instill a solid work ethic. It seems to be working, just going a bit slower than we would like.
Masons don't deserve to make shyt for wages either. It's too easy and anybody can do it. Only doctors, lawyers, dentists, engineers and those who work in the oil industry should make a good living. Everybody else should resign themselves to a life of poverty.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the Storyline is fairly complex.

the final chapter will likely be pretty complex and maybe even painful, at least for some.

America is not the center of the "growth industry" any longer. read it and weep. we must now compete w/the rest of the 7 billion humans breathing air and dragging around down here on the Earth.

wonder how it'll all look in another 100 years?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Gus

the final chapter will likely be pretty complex and maybe even painful, at least for some.

America is not the center of the "growth industry" any longer. read it and weep. we must now compete w/the rest of the 7 billion humans breathing air and dragging around down here on the Earth.

I figure in another hundred years nobody will have a job. Computers and robots will do everything, including repairing and reproducing themselves.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

I figure in another hundred years nobody will have a job. Computers and robots will do everything, including repairing and reproducing themselves.

yep. already seeing videos of 'printed' concrete houses and castles. a programmable concrete pouring device that runs along the lines of a CNC kind of device.

maybe the only breedable pairs or groups of humans will be living on the moon or Mars by then. who could possibly know. before WWII, noone would have believed anything about nuclear energy. but thanks to the Germans (Werner Von Braun), the rocket age was borne.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

yep. already seeing videos of 'printed' concrete houses and castles. a programmable concrete pouring device that runs along the lines of a CNC kind of device.

maybe the only breedable pairs or groups of humans will be living on the moon or Mars by then. who could possibly know. before WWII, noone would have believed anything about nuclear energy. but thanks to the Germans (Werner Von Braun), the rocket age was borne.

You and Blackheart should commit suicide to end your fugging miserable lives.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

lol. thanks for your opinion. opinons are solcited on forums of this sort & type. oh, btw, i've already reproduced, even got male & female Grands, and a lot of distant kin that's much more intense in terms of the thinking about the human condition than i. in fact, i'm only the tip of the iceberg. but, please carry-on, ok?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

I'd much rather kill the likes of you and certainly would if not for the pesky laws against it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If there is any concern about creating jobs, its overshadowed by the prospect of not having any to offer!
If you don't work, you don't eat.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/14/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

A lot of truth in that....

http://newatlas.com/3d-printed-office-dubai-completed/43522/

http://newatlas.com/wasp-big-delta-3d-printer-clay-housing/39414/

http://newatlas.com/custom-3d-printer-concrete-castle/33577/

http://newatlas.com/nasa-3d-printed-habitat-challenge-design-competition-winners/39673/

http://newatlas.com/wasp-clay-straw-home/44856/

Careful Gus, i think you may be wading in the shallow end of the genepool....

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
well, there it is. the dilemma that everyone faces, both the employed and the un-employed also. the challenge or problem is serious w/both groups.

in an age of automation (ever heard of it?), the challenges are clear.

how to re-distribute the wealth, value, outputs in order that all humans get to live, eat, stay warm & sheltered. notice that i did not include being able to "breed." right now anyone and every one, ever tom, dick & harry around can breed as much as they want, and the rest of us will pay, at order of gun-point (taxes).

but, maybe we can change things?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,362 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.