Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Lady Liberty is supposed to be an allegorical figure representing the American Ideals, not to make some "political Statement" to satisfy some squeaky wheel.

Good thing Krugerrand's are still available!

Last edited by PaFrank; 01/13/17.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
You folks don't like it because it has a black woman on it?

She not black.... she gold..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'm surprised The Zero didn't insist on Lady Liberty in a burqua.

Man, I miss the days when we didn't even know the muzzie face mask was called a burqua.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take the liberty to speak to that: we don't like it because of the reason it has a black woman on it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's commemorative coin for collectors, not for circulation. They'll later have out others with an Asian , an Indian, and probably a lesbian (Rosie). It's like Winchester making a commemorative Mod. 94 for Buffalo Bill or someone. You buy it to collect it. You'd never fire it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's commemorative coin for collectors, not for circulation. They'll later have out others with an Asian , an Indian, and probably a lesbian (Rosie). It's like Winchester making a commemorative Mod. 94 for Buffalo Bill or someone. You buy it to collect it. You'd never fire it.

The problem with that is the way Lady Liberty is depicted.

What are they going to morph next?...

Make Uncle Sam into Uncle Tom?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lady Liberty isn't a real person anyway. Like I said, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Uncle Tom is an interesting case. If you read the book "Uncle Tom's Cabin", you'll find an entirely different Tom than the one that blacks refer to. He was a slave, yes, but certainly not one who groveled before his masters and who kissed the butts of whites. Not in the least. He was a Christian who hated his position but realized that he couldn't change it. He was forced to accept it. The Bible gives instructions to slaves on how to behave and Tom did just that. He didn't kiss any one's butt but held his head up and tried to take things as they came. He did his job and tried to do it well but he didn't kowtow to anyone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I just buy gold and or silver in either bar or rounds. If I were collecting coins I would buy coins.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Farmerfish, wouldn't this be considered a "round"?

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Thea value of this coin will not be any collector value but the value of its weight of gold. If you want to hold gold, you can probably buy Canadian Maple Leaf coins for the same price.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ain't puttin' none of that Aunt Jemima on my waffles!!! They done put a big ol black mammie right on the damn ol label!

Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Farmerfish, wouldn't this be considered a "round"?
I suppose it is. I guess I just like the 1 oz bar. That way I don't have to worry about if I approve of who is on it.

Last edited by farmerfish; 01/14/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AMPX site, this is what they talk about.

Gold Eagles
Uncertified Gold Eagles - Since its introduction in 1986, the Gold American Eagle coin has been in high demand every year. One of the U.S. Mint's finest productions, the American Eagle has commanded world-wide attention. The Gold Eagle has been one of the most popular coins of our time because of their beauty and history. A highly popular USA Gold piece, the Gold American Eagle coin adds diversity to investor portfolios.

Uncertified Gold Eagles are premium USA Gold. The obverse of the Gold Eagle was adapted by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, famous designer of the Gold Double Eagle in 1907. The American Eagle Gold coin features Lady Liberty walking against the sun's rays, carrying her iconic torch and olive branch. The reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to its nest. The American Gold Eagle coin is the perfect representation of what makes America grand, perfectly encapsulated in USA Gold. It identifies the strength and importance of American families.

Guess we don't have the strength and importance of American families anylonger.
http://www.apmex.com/category/11100/gold-eagles
link--

Last edited by Wtxj; 01/14/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
631 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 2,873 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.