Our little local feed store started holding "Vac Clinics" some years back, and like most startups, there were bugs to work out,...the local vets were obstinate at first, so a group that did this regionally came in every other week out of Tucson or Phoenix. There was an area set aside inside of the funky old store, and chairs all around the walls allowed a place to hang with neighbors,visit,wait there turn.The gypsy vet show ran a pretty pushy / ruley operation......"no owners in the clinic area" being one rule that their somewhat mouthy vet tech would not shut up about,....he didn't LISTEN well, either. When my turn came, and Gracey was to take her turn up on there portable table he disregarded my request, "Just let me pat the table, and she'll jump right up".
Nope,....not allowed in the Doc's domain,...so he takes here leash, and walks 4 feet back across "the line that must not be crossed" and tries to gather this fairly stout dog into his arms,....she's having none of that chit, and he gets a younger assistant (his boyfriend I think) to help, and they grab onto Gracey and start wrestling her up,.....bad Idea, she uncoiled and knocked the punk down, and in springing away from the vet tech, pushed him back into a display case of bug spray and lanolin which went all over, the table's brakes didn't hold so as he fell, the table got knocked into the glass fronted cash register counter, and knocks out a panel. Gracey hit the concrete, and turned on the guy, and started her roaring routine, teeth bared, and every hair on her raised,....walking towards him slowly, stiff legged.
[Linked Image]
Vet tech's down on all fours, eyeballing this apparition from the depths of hell, and backing away. Some old rancher type in the waiting area laughed,and someone else applauded, then the whole crowd cracked up,... and bigger than hell turned around and grinned at them.
[Linked Image]
Natural comedienne, she than turned her head back towards the tech pulling himself up off the floor and barks at him.
to good an opportunity to pass up, I walked into the fray, patted the exam table, "Gracey get up here and SIT". She did so, and sat there grinning at everybody to another round of applause.
Next time that gypsy outfit showed, they had a new vet tech,....
These days, our local vets are coming out for the clinics, and the funky old store's seen some substantial improvements, one area set aside as a dedicated clinic, better waiting area, etc.
I've never owned a biting dog
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/20/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain