Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Respectfully, as no intended offense, all concealed carry vests look like concealed carry vests- like carrying a sign saying, "I am carrying concealed."

yep.

Funny is the Air Force Office of Special Investigations guys that wear plain clothes. most wear what looks like a khaki photographer's vest to hide their hardware. They stand out like a sore thumb.

I also have fun busting air marshalls on flights. Most don't do a good job of conceiling. Always fun to give them a wink.

Last edited by Akbob5; 01/17/17.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by cv540
Respectfully, as no intended offense, all concealed carry vests look like concealed carry vests- like carrying a sign saying, "I am carrying concealed."

yep.

Funny is the Air Force Office of Special Investigations guys that wear plain clothes. most wear what looks like a khaki photographer's vest to hide their hardware. They stand out like a sore thumb.

I also have fun busting air marshalls on flights. Most don't do a good job of conceiling. Always fun to give them a wink.

I'm retired OSI. We never wore vests. Coat and tie or BDUs, depending on the activity.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Rolly
To explain a bit more why I want a ccw vest. I will be riding in a RZR in the desert of Arizona and want to carry. I have tried belt holsters and they always jab and poke, especially if you carry on the right side, for right handed use and use a seat belt. I have tried sholder holsters and they work much better than hip holsters. Plus I can wear a jacket. I thought a ccw vest might work better than all the rest. We'll see.

For something specific like ATVing, I would roll with a Hill People Gear kit bag.

[Linked Image]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or a good crossdraw holster

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would seem better to find something nice, off the rack, and modify it for concealed carry.

^ Absolutely.
But if you really need one, check out shootmefirst.com laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
To explain a bit more why I want a ccw vest. I will be riding in a RZR in the desert of Arizona and want to carry. I have tried belt holsters and they always jab and poke, especially if you carry on the right side, for right handed use and use a seat belt. I have tried sholder holsters and they work much better than hip holsters. Plus I can wear a jacket. I thought a ccw vest might work better than all the rest. We'll see.

IIRC, Az is an open carry state - why try to hide?
Crossdraw works best for me - pickup, 4 wheeler, UTV, or horseback - on foot, it ain't bad either!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know how hot you'll be out in, or what piece yer packin', but the Carhartt fleece lined vests don't look tactical or 'shoot me first'. And, they have an inner pocket that holds a commander size pistol purty fair......

[Linked Image]

camo 'em up with a pair of glasses, and I gaurantold you, nobody will notice any kind of bulge/print.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I would think in the West, where people wear western hats, and vests (including for dress up) it wouldn't be nearly as obvious you are packing. Wearing a vest doesn't necessarily say you are carrying. Not wearing a vest doesn't say you aren't carrying either. Personally I wear my shirt outside, untucked but I think it would be nice to have a vest so I can occasionally (for dress up) wear a vest...and carry.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It is kind of the style around here, going untucked with larger shirts. I just assume they are packing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What huntsman22 said. I carry in my carhartt vest from Oct. to Apr., then go to other methods.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Chest holster for riding and then just a shirt or fleece vest to help keep some of the dust out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's my vest:
https://www.amazon.com/BLUESTONE-Co...sr=8-9&keywords=concealed+carry+vest

[Linked Image]

Sportsman's Guide had them on sale a few years ago. I got it before I was really thinking about carrying. I'd worn out my old vest and this was about right.

I carry a Ruger P90 with an extended mag in the breast pocket.

Does it say "I'm packing?" I don't know. It is very similar to the vests I've been wearing since the mid 90's. I've worn them everywhere from the Keys to the Canadian North, and nobody said anything. The only difference is the old ones had a "DILLIGAF" medal in place of the American flag.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

well, i run a lot in the desert living in arizona.
arizona has a ccw permit, mainly useful for traveling out of state, and/or buying guns without the check. But a permit is not required to carry concealed in arizona. We also have open carry in arizona. I am always armed running the desert in arizona. It used to be just a handgun, these days it often includes one of those black rifles. You are well advised to assume that anyone you run across in the desert is armed. Nobody thinks twice about it. Same thing holds for those driving pickup trucks, atv's, etc. I am left handed, and thus like cross draw holsters, or shoulder holsters. Or, some times just throw the handgun holstered in a convenient place. like stuck in the seat or on the dash. Fannypacks work pretty good for this too.
it also depends on the time of the year. When it's 115degrees under the mesquite tree, a vest would be kind of wierd. Usual mode is shorts and a tshirt.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/17/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+3 on the Carhartt vest.

I wear one whenever its cool outdoors.

My little Glock 43, in a pocket holster fits great in either chest pocket.

I've been known to pack my 43 in a pocket, and my Sig P-226 IWB.

Works great for left or right handed people.

And, they make a jacket with these same chest pockets.

GREAT cover garmets!

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
also put up a pic of the jacket

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 2,804 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.