Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dukxdog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Last week, we told you about Congressman Jeff Duncan's introduction of H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act.

We can now report that Senator Mike Crapo has introduced a virtually identical Senate counterpart. Crapo's bill, S. 59, would restore your right to purchase a suppressor the same way you would purchase most firearms.
Suppressors are lumped by the U.S. in the same category as machine guns and sawed-off shotguns, requiring elaborate background checks and transfer fees -- even though at their core, suppressors are nothing more than elaborate tubes that muffle sound.

In other countries, however, the availability of suppressors is treated as a "public health issue." In anti-gun countries like Britain, France, and Norway, their purchase is encouraged as a public health measure -- and as a matter of politeness.

Contrary to Hollywood portrayals, a suppressor does not "silence" a weapon. It does, however, decrease the sound level by around 30-35 decibels.

They are effectively banned because of an historical anachronism -- and because gun grabbers are unwilling to make the slightest concession to common sense, even if their gun control transparently damages public health.

The Crapo bill has the support of the incoming president's oldest son, Donald Trump, Jr. And, if we can demonstrate support by gaining Senate cosponsors, it will put us in a position to add it to a non-filibusterable must-pass bill.

So, for the time being, the task is to encourage a majority of Republican senators to sign on as cosponsors to S. 59.

Contact your congressman and senators asking them to support these bills!

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
i'd be amazed and thrilled if this becomes law!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Senate will be the issue. The House companion bill was introduced earlier and will pass with ease.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Am I going to have to buy new guns and get the barrels threaded on the ones I have? This could get expensive.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If this comes to pass I wonder how long it will be before they're required on every gun like mufflers on a car. I wouldn't want one of the ugly things on every gun I own.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I will not hold my breath waiting in Communist Mexifornia.

Never Gunna Happen.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If this comes to pass I wonder how long it will be before they're required on every gun like mufflers on a car. I wouldn't want one of the ugly things on every gun I own.

As if that schit hole you live in would ever make them legal.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's no logical reason to keep them on the NFA list.

Even the loss of $200/stamp by the ferals by delisting them will be offset by the massive sales and the 11% excise tax.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Look forward to the day. Glad I don't live in a chithole

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dukxdog
Last week, we told you about Congressman Jeff Duncan's introduction of H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act.

We can now report that Senator Mike Crapo has introduced a virtually identical Senate counterpart. Crapo's bill, S. 59, would restore your right to purchase a suppressor the same way you would purchase most firearms.
Suppressors are lumped by the U.S. in the same category as machine guns and sawed-off shotguns, requiring elaborate background checks and transfer fees -- even though at their core, suppressors are nothing more than elaborate tubes that muffle sound.

In other countries, however, the availability of suppressors is treated as a "public health issue." In anti-gun countries like Britain, France, and Norway, their purchase is encouraged as a public health measure -- and as a matter of politeness.

Contrary to Hollywood portrayals, a suppressor does not "silence" a weapon. It does, however, decrease the sound level by around 30-35 decibels.

They are effectively banned because of an historical anachronism -- and because gun grabbers are unwilling to make the slightest concession to common sense, even if their gun control transparently damages public health.

The Crapo bill has the support of the incoming president's oldest son, Donald Trump, Jr. And, if we can demonstrate support by gaining Senate cosponsors, it will put us in a position to add it to a non-filibusterable must-pass bill.

So, for the time being, the task is to encourage a majority of Republican senators to sign on as cosponsors to S. 59.

Contact your congressman and senators asking them to support these bills!

Please wipe the stupid [bleep] grin from your collective face as you enter the American Golden Age!

Do be kind enough to drag the rest of us along with you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S.59, with 8 sponsors, stalled in Senate Finance Committee.

H.R.367, with 100 sponsors, stalled in House Ways and Means Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Am I going to have to buy new guns and get the barrels threaded on the ones I have? Thijavascript: void(0)s could get expensive.

The only real expense currently is the $200 federal tax for each suppressor. Where I live (Williamson County,Texas) you also have also create a trust for each suppressor.

Last edited by victoro; 02/17/17.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
i'd be amazed and thrilled if this becomes law!

Hope the price comes down too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart

As if that schit hole you live in would ever make them legal.

Dave

This being my problem too.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
S.59, with 8 sponsors, stalled in Senate Finance Committee.

H.R.367, with 100 sponsors, stalled in House Ways and Means Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.

No surprise here. It's all about the $$. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out that the income generated by the $200 tax stamp is less than the combined salaries of the govt employees, draggin' their as*es in the approval process. Get rid of the tax stamp and the employee's and it's win-win.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slightly off topic but has anyone seen any proposal to lighten restrictions on SBRs? I mean, even if they were treated more like a pistol, that would be a step in the right direction.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Am I going to have to buy new guns and get the barrels threaded on the ones I have? This could get expensive.

HAH!

You think you have problems converting to silencers? whistle

[Linked Image]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think this will go anywhere. There have been too many years of the movies and TV telling us that "silencers" are only used by criminals, starting with 1930s Film Noir detective movies.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,550
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.