Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toad
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find your head getting smacked on the concrete.

and if you are smacking somebody's head on the concrete, don't be surprised if you get shot.

stupid vs. stupid.

Next time you walk through your neighborhood you will understand if some thug attacks you for no reason?

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The police stated that Zimmerman did exactly what the members of the neighborhood watch are suppose to do.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by night_owl
Was it material to Zimmerman's defense whether Martin was a trespasser or invitee?
That's something that could confuse a jury and should have been excluded.

Not important. The only facts under consideration are that Trayvon used deadly force on Zimmerman and Zimmerman used deadly force in self defense.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by night_owl
Was it material to Zimmerman's defense whether Martin was a trespasser or invitee?

No it wasn't, but some people want to believe he was trespassing and that such conjecture matters.

Originally Posted by toad

GZ had no more 'authority' than TM in that situation.

Correct., GZ being a self-appointed NH watch person amounts to nothing in granting him any exclusive authority or powers.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

It's still self defense, no matter how you cut the cake.

Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes.

Uhh, in case you forgot. It does have a bearing on the case, since the judge decided to read it to the jury in court.

The only reason the SYG law was read by the judge at the trial is because Florida law requires it when the defendant is claiming self defense.

The evidence proved that Zimmerman was flat on his back with Trayvon pinning him to the ground when he shot Trayvon. He was unable to flee.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The only facts that matter are that Travon assaulted Zimmerman using deadly force and Zimmerman defended himself with deadly force.

And a gun usually trumps fists.

Trayvon used deadly force when he had Zimmerman pinned to the ground unable to defend himself from the blows raining down on his head. He also used deadly force when he bashed Zimmerman's head on the concrete sidewalk. This deadly force is what made Zimmerman's use of his gun justified and not guilty by reason of self defense.

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/18/17.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by victoro
"Nobody here argued that it wasn't SD, but it certainly wasn't a SYG situation as covered in Florida law statutes."

Nobody said it was a Stand Your Ground situation except the MSM and people like you.

I said it was SYG?..Someone here certainly did suggest that it was SYG but it wasnt me you fool ,
I suggest you go back through this thread because you evidently missed something.

Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by Starman

Again, was it established at trial that TM was deemed as being unlawful and trespassing?
you claim to have watched the trial and have all the 'facts', ..so why can't you answer that???

What's the question?

LOL, seriously?.. you really can see the question I put to you above ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being LOST in ancient history looks to be your space, "Starman".

God forbid you stay current, or actually comment about TODAY"S issues.

NGAS about Ferguson ,Mo. .....or any further evolutions,...I'll just close, wondering on why you even bother here.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I should comment about Ferguson on a Zimmerman thread?..lol..
go back to bed you sound drunk.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Di they grow you and your kind in a Petri dish, and hook up micro wires into a D.U. Computer, so's to (ostensibly) "Think",....or try to show the capacity to do so ?

Failed experiment, Señor.

If you can't connect Fla. to Mo., in terms of synonymous agendas, and an ABSOLUTE connection,.....they should probably dump more chit into your next batch of relatives.

....how's THAT sound, Sport ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Under the Obama Fed shooting an unarmed Black was a no-no regardless of the circumstances...self-defense or not, cop or not...but it makes sense if you think about the origin of the policy...Obama wanted Blacks to be a protected species.

The entire trial fiasco was a travesty of justice and an abuse of the Judicial system, but I'm glad it turned out right.

It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow...

No gun-no homicide-no rigged trial and no Leftist Feds to deal with.

Still waiting for Trump to drain the swamp.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Xfire,
Like i said, better go sleep it off, you are rambling miles away from the thread subject.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow.."

Thank you, boogaloo. A little Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Treyvon would have been in the hospital getting his elbow re-arranged. Sadly, this would have meant the end of his basketball career.
And we never would have heard of George Zimmerman.

Treyvon said to him "Well you have a problem now."
That translates to "I am going to beat your ass."
At that most critical moment of his young life, Zimmerman should have been whipping this punk criminal's ass.
Instead of dealing with reality, George did what most young people do these days. He went with virtual reality.

Grabbed his precious I phone and called 911.
Zimmerman was a dumb ass who didn't know how to fight.

But he was a good shot.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Judged by 12 - carried by 6.
Zimmerman made the right choice. Let him be.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, I won't let him be.
This case deserves study. First of all, libs like Obama have their head up their butts because Treyvon was in the act of killing Zimmerman and at that point deserved to be shot.

Second, Zimmerman made several critical mistakes. Could happen to someone on this forum and I would like for people to be aware of how he screwed up.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Trayvon made the fatal mistake, but folks want to hammer on Zimmerman!
BS - leave the guy alone - you can't make exact plans when someone else is "involved" and setting the agenda!
All you can do is react, at that point!
Coulda', shoulda', is like hind sight (defined as looking at your own azz!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was proper self-defense all the way, but if Zimmerman had made the effort to learn a little combat BJJ, then while TM was making his thug pronouncements he could have just snapped his elbow...

...and been jailed for initiating violence and breaking some poor teenager's arm absent any injuries to himself.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM.

Ten minutes is an eternity in a situation like that, for both the guy doing the hiding and the guy doing the looking.

Martin was obviously several sandwiches shy of a picnic. As an indication of his mental state he had been kicked out of school for punching a teacher. Actually, teachers hardly ever get punched, even at the worst schools. That indicates Martin was a fringe loony even among thugs. Many thugs are actually pretty smart, but if there were a "spec ed" for learning-disabled thugs, Martin would have been enrolled in the program.

OTOH seems like Zimmerman, if his subsequent altercations are any indication, is a fringe loony himself, of a different stripe. Here's one from just four months ago...

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...lur-deputies-say/OaHeOkddoacpK14Bze5XkM/

Martin and Zimmerman that night; a train wreck waiting to happen.

Even so, justice was served and Zimmerman was properly acquitted.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

...and been jailed for initiating violence and breaking some poor teenager's arm absent any injuries to himself.

Well no... I was referring to the point when Zimmerman was on his back with TM on top of him when BJJ type ground fighting would have been helpful.

It's irrelevant really, my point was that I didn't think Zimmerman should have been charged with anything.

But that's a real dilemma of CCW, what do you do if an unarmed opponent starts kicking your butt while you are carrying and you have to defend yourself and not lose control of your weapon at the same time?

Run the scenario with a friend sometime...It's a compromised situation.

Zimmerman went above and beyond the call to be a good citizen and watch out for his neighbors. When he saw suspicious behavior he reported it. Unfortunately, he was stalked and caught off-guard by a raging homicidal maniac.

He actually took a lot of punishment and didn't even draw his weapon until near the end when he felt like TM was going to kill him. I don't know why the defense didn't bring that angle up, but they did win.

Zimmerman basically did everything right within his capabilities and knowledge base, and they still charged him.

They should have given him a medal.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Good ol George, good guy!!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.