Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You'll know you have arrived when they say to you: OUCH! now that was f'ing painful. In the mean, just keep trying 'cause these folks are special, you know!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What, they never heard of "GFY?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Citizens have 911. Employees have the EEOC. Distressed sailors have the Coast Guard.

The inmates are definitely running the asylum!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What are they supposed to say when someone bloodies their nose?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JPro
"Lighten up, Francis..."

GFY. laughing. smile

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When we were kids we learned those lessons early and easily on the playground and down the street - and no one needed to write a pamphlet about it. We knew the stuff before we were able to read a silly pamphlet.

To what depths has a "major" university stooped - really, a "university"? - when it feels the need to explain such elemental issues to supposedly college-ready people? And, they hire and pay a token minority over $200k a year to write the stuff - how demeaning must that be?

The UofA has gone wacky - no doubt along with a lot of other such institutions - and shows its fecklessness by doing something so ridiculous. The UofA has committed a macroagression against thinking people and common sense.

Please - UofA - eschew absurd nonsense.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spent a day on the campus week before last. Didn't notice any real snowflakes--most of the kids that I saw and interacted with were pretty laid back and intelligent. It's a big school, with a big campus, though, so there may have been some insecure fragile flowers cowering in dark places--just where they belong.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ben, the very few more recent UofA students I have known were pretty much on the ball and focused on their courses of study - sensed no shrinking violets or snowflakes - and I haven't seen university students in general as the root of this nonsense.

Of course there will some pansies and nitwits among any student cohort. The genesis of this concocted baloney has to come from the social science faculty, certain voices for "specialty programs" (like wimmin's studies, ethnic studies, gender mix-up studies, etc.) and maybe some faculty in the arts - aided and abetted by any number of administrative types blindly playing the popular culture tune.

What a waste.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ben, the very few more recent UofA students I have known were pretty much on the ball and focused on their courses of study - sensed no shrinking violets or snowflakes - and I haven't seen university students in general as the root of this nonsense.

Of course there will some pansies and nitwits among any student cohort. The genesis of this concocted baloney has to come from the social science faculty, certain voices for "specialty programs" (like wimmin's studies, ethnic studies, gender mix-up studies, etc.) and maybe some faculty in the arts - aided and abetted by any number of administrative types blindly playing the popular culture tune.

What a waste.

I don't know, man. The science and research dept at my alma mater were getting WAY out of hand until .gov came in and slapped the crap out of a couple of them.

One prick thought it was a great idea to finance and run the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and preach his garbage of hate in the classroom whilst being paid by the university.

Quieted down a bit now, after .gov deported the mu-slim azzhole back to his schithole of origin.

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/19/17.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
How about Jack Slapping the M'Fer into next week and jump up there and slap him back down. Then you can go "OUCH" because your hand is stinging. LMAO

Browning X-Bolt .30-06
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS

Tikka T3x Lite 308 win
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The UofA, and most other universities, could simply reach back to the 40s and 50s (or before) and borrow a short phrase to place in that arch over the main gate: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words - - - "

Too simple for today's "intellectuals".

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 57 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,643
Posts18,455,374
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.