24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This whole thread is hilarious.

If I was king for a day, I'd cut back on career military positions, pay soldiers much better for the time they are in, and send a whole schit ton of GS 12's packing and new GS employees would go straight 401k.

I doubt I'll get elected. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Yeah you'all are right , anybody who drives a bus around the base a few times them asks his commanding officer if he can go to the gym then get something to eat -then go to bed -that's what Jay told me he did and did it a lot.

OMGoodness it would be so funny to see awkward Bob try to handle a rifle , he would kill somebody -probably himself . He often laughed at what a joke his job was as did others .

No not a veteran , having a guy yell in my face wouldn't go over well with my personality .

Yeah I guess I'm jealous like idaho shooter said -never made much of myself -just built a bunch of houses and made 30 -40 --60 dollars at the closing . Semi-retired now although doing a little of this and that out of boredom -retiring is for the birds .

Scott F. you need some help -you're way off track.

Salute to all the fighting men in the Military all you paper shuffling seat shiners need to turn your check back in to the working people and get a job !!

Three cheers for my buddy Jeremy -he feels the same way I do ...

Gotcha, just a freeloading leach letting others risk their lives to protect him and his way of life so he can bad mouth them. Well you can kiss my rosy red *ss and GFY!

another one hits "ignore"....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I did not serve in the military. In my younger days I worked on a big offshore commercial fishing trawler which was probably the most dangerous job I've had. For 2 years an offshore drilling rig roughneck and derrick man, also very dangerous. I was 4 and 1/2 years a firefighter and 30 years a law enforcement officer (state and federal game warden). Believe it or not a game warden has a very dangerous job if he does his job properly. I retired with 100% of my pay and benefits with spousal survival rights. When I look at what truck drivers,oil field workers, log cutters, building contractors, farmers, etc. get in retirement and benefits I know I do not deserve what I get if I compare myself to them. They basically get social security and an old age of scraping by and pain from their bad backs and knees after lives of exertion and being the people who really pay this country's way. While I do admire those who honorably serve in the military and law enforcement I can understand some others who do dangerous and demanding work feeling shorted. And before anyone suggests it, I am not giving up my pension.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by rlott
Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

I only knew one fat legged overweight female bum during my time in the service. That big ole' heifer could calibrate the microwave devices the fleet Sailors used to maintain their fire control radars to absolute precision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for her we need smart people in the military it's very high-tech .
What we don't need is people who aren't interested -don't put out and are waiting on their pension .
What we don't need is an over weight whatever color male or female saying " ohh --long breath -ohh I hate it but I got six more years before I can retire" . She has probably did as little as possible for a long time and is riding out one thing --PENSION .

Well,,,, I get that particular point...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK

To be clear -it's sometimes hard to get across exactly what you want to say on the interwebs.

Combats soldiers deserve the worlds best pay and treatment -ok.

Smart people like DigitalDan are a great value to the military -ok .

Badasses like Jorge -who risk their lives on bombing runs and possibly being a hated prisoner of war deserve a top of the line retirement and benefits -ok .

Soldiers who fought in combat were mentally and physically hurt deserve "first in line " -"all the time" over others .-ok

I guess benchman scott & scott and a few others put themselves in the do nothing catagory .

What I'm saying again is there doesn't need to be people doing a job in a meess hall -driving a bus around the base -standing around in an eye clinic -doughnut girl doing whatever -etc. etc. that should be subbed out or something .
You can say 'when they signed on they could be sent into combat' yeah "could" but weren't they rode out a pension -many of my motorcycle riding military buddies told me they were staying in for the pension .

A friend of mine Harley has 4 lads in his neighborhood [mid 20's now] -two are brothers -all long time friends . They went to talk to a recruiter and such but didn't want to be in the army/navy/marines -said they didn't want to fight in a war -they wanted a "job" in the AirForce -only one of them had a good enough test score and all were 25-40 pounds overweight . They would come by Harleys house and talk about how they would work at losing weight if they would let them in the AF and they wanted to be stationed locally here like Hurlburt or Eglin .
That mentality was the same as Bobs -who again --Bob was coached on how to have a career in the AF and get a retirement . When I would kid Bob about it he would point out how he wasn't the only one and laugh about it. I say Bob doesn't deserve a lifelong retirement and healthcare -that money could go to a soldier/pilot/person doing dangerous stuff who really needs and deserves it . OK

You don't like what I say you can kiss my country ass ..

Yup. I was a seat shiner. Never went anyplace in combat, worked 20 years in SE DC. I was a singer in the Navy Band. That said, I out shot and scored higher in PT than most. My last year PT, I did more pushups than anybody in the Navy. Not actually out of shape.... YOU don't get to decide what's important to the military. Apparently, the people who DO get to decide, have somehow decided the people they pay, are worth it. When I joined, I already had the job I had auditioned for, but was told that that could be pre-empted at any time, should the need arise. How about if you're out there minding your own business, and one day, somebody shows up and tells you to pack up - you're on your way to where ever they choose to send you? Bet that was not an issue. Didn't happen to me, but could have. I'd sure like to get some of that cheap waterfront property. My pension is 19,000.00 a year. Thanks, by the way....

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounds like ol mike got fired from Burger King. You're a fu kin clown.

Camp is where you make it.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
ol mike, who never served because he is too delicate to tolerate yelling, thinks he is qualified to judge those that chose to serve. His intellect and reasoning, as displayed in this thread indicates he is qualified only make Harry M look smart.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Brazos
Yeah you'all are right , anybody who drives a bus around the base a few times them asks his commanding officer if he can go to the gym then get something to eat -then go to bed -that's what Jay told me he did and did it a lot.

OMGoodness it would be so funny to see awkward Bob try to handle a rifle , he would kill somebody -probably himself . He often laughed at what a joke his job was as did others .

No not a veteran , having a guy yell in my face wouldn't go over well with my personality .

Yeah I guess I'm jealous like idaho shooter said -never made much of myself -just built a bunch of houses and made 30 -40 --60 dollars at the closing . Semi-retired now although doing a little of this and that out of boredom -retiring is for the birds .

Salute to all the fighting men in the Military all you paper shuffling seat shiners need to turn your check back in to the working people and get a job !!

Gotcha, just a freeloading leach letting others risk their lives to protect him and his way of life so he can bad mouth them. Well you can kiss my rosy red *ss and GFY!

another one hits "ignore"....

My sentiments too....except for the GFY, which I'll substitute with God help this pathetic fool, because he's gonna suffer the karma of his thinking some day.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No way in hell would I encourage my kids to join the military today.

Things might change in a few years of Trump....but I doubt it.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by bufaf
Old Mike,
You have no [bleep] clue. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who signed on the dotted line is worldwide deployable to whatever combat zone they decide to throw us into. Your friend the bus driver is an example. Ever driven a bus around a base that's being shelled? Many supposedly non combatants have been killed and wounded in these "wars" that we have been in for the last 3 decades. Ever been in a Humvee that hit an IED while you were going to your non combat job? I have and I have the scars to prove it. I earned every damned penny of my retirement.

[bleep] you!

Rob,
MSgt, USAF, Retired
Thank you for your service!!

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
"No not a veteran , having a guy yell in my face wouldn't go over well with my personality ."

Most douche bags are like that....

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Every employer I've ever worked for or even heard of that pays employees either hourly or salary wages with benefit packages always makes it a point to include their cost for both added together when stating their cost of labor in dollars per employee.

To me this clearly implies that although benefit packages may be directly paid for by and through an employer, the money used to pay for them is actually the employee's as part of their total earnings package.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bangeye
Like most things there is some truth and some bias in these revelations but the true parts definitely need to be addressed. I would also point out it isn't just the federal govt. Same for the academic world. We sit wringing our hands about student debt but feed the beast of academic largesse

+1

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Here's a little music to phouc with what's left of whatever mind you had to start with, dipchit......

Won't hit you in the guts,....ya' got none.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No not a veteran, having a guy yell in my face wouldn't go over well with my
personality.

Would love to witness this smile

Before the day was over, you'd be begging that guy to yell in your face some more and be telling him just how much you loved it!

Something like, "I like it, I love it, I want more of it!"

Yeah, you got it. Another seat polisher here but just as all others, an Infantry man first!

"First to Fight"

"Victory"

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.