Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Harry M
How good is your math?

Republicans have 51 votes in the Senate, they can afford 1 defection, and 1 only.

How confident are you with;

McCain
Graham
Collins
Murkowski

To stand firm in changing the filibuster rule of 60 votes for nominees to the SCOTUS.

It would not surprise me in the least to see a GOP senator fail to support Gorsuch. I have no faith whatsoever in ANY elected official in Washington.

You mean like from AZ?

Schumer is a fine candidate for a nice piece of hickory.

Last edited by local_dirt; 03/23/17.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
These confirmation hearings are about 99% for [bleep] to posture and pretend they are earning their salaries and perks.

Some of them use it to display their stupidity - like DF presenting "super-precedent". WTF is that???? Then castigating G for - basically dodging questions -. Funny, I ain't too smart, but I understood him perfectly, and he didn't dodge anything. A little lawyereez, sure. But plain enough.

We all know G is in.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Do you think the threat of the Nuclear Option will force the dems hands? I can't imagine either party wanting the opposition to use it.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For the sake of the midterm senate races, put the dems on record. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Filibustering Forsuch is a serious, rookie level blunder.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I agree with oldtrapper - I want to see them on record.

Even though I know how our NM liberal contingent will vote.
Pearce is the only shred of decency NM has in the legislature.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How good is your math?

Republicans have 51 votes in the Senate, they can afford 1 defection, and 1 only.

McCain
Graham
Collins
Murkowski

To stand firm in changing the filibuster rule of 60 votes for nominees to the SCOTUS.

You are correct and both Schumer and McConnel know this.

McConnel will not attempt a Nuclear Option vote as it will not pass thanks to McCain, Graham, Collins, Murkowski.

Schumer holds all the card here thank to the RINO Trump-Haters in the Senate.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am thinking a chipped stone and a piece of hickory would be a better option.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There's no working with democrats. The democrats want the destruction of America so unless that's what republicans are willing to work with and towards there will be no compromise. Go nuclear and use every tool possible to relegate the democrats to insignificant oblivion. I truly hate liberals and don't care one iota for their feelings. F'ck them and their hatred of freedom.
You're too kind... I'd nuke every one of the bastids if I ever got the chance....

mad

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They will simply have to change the law to permit a straight up and down vote.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AcesNeights: I am in agreement 100% with your post!
"There's no working with democrats. The democrats want the destruction of America so unless that's what republicans are willing to work with and towards there will be no compromise. Go nuclear and use every tool possible to relegate the democrats to insignificant oblivion. I truly hate liberals and don't care one iota for their feelings. F'ck them and their hatred of freedom".
As an interesting aside I saw the blithering idiot lindsey graham on TV this morning BRAGGING how he had voted for ALL of barack hussein obamas Supreme Court and Appeals Court nominees (including sotomayor and kagan) and he felt the demonrats should return his gentlemanly gesture!
I mean I actually burst out laughing at the stupidity, ignorance and pathetic naivete this intellectual idiot constantly displays!
senator graham actually thinks that the demonrats "will play fair" this dippschidt has NO idea that the demonrats are a disciplined and relentless enemy of capitalism and America!
I actually do not expect the dimwit dumschidt graham to learn ANYTHING from this latest example of demonrat tactics.
lindsey graham and john mcCain should both be replaced ASAP.
There seems to be no end of rinos willing to stab the Republican electorate in the back at EVERY possible chance they get?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
AcesNeights: I am in agreement 100% with your post!
"There's no working with democrats. The democrats want the destruction of America so unless that's what republicans are willing to work with and towards there will be no compromise. Go nuclear and use every tool possible to relegate the democrats to insignificant oblivion. I truly hate liberals and don't care one iota for their feelings. F'ck them and their hatred of freedom".
As an interesting aside I saw the blithering idiot lindsey graham on TV this morning BRAGGING how he had voted for ALL of barack hussein obamas Supreme Court and Appeals Court nominees (including sotomayor and kagan) and he felt the demonrats should return his gentlemanly gesture!
I mean I actually burst out laughing at the stupidity, ignorance and pathetic naivete this intellectual idiot constantly displays!
senator graham actually thinks that the demonrats "will play fair" this dippschidt has NO idea that the demonrats are a disciplined and relentless enemy of capitalism and America!
I actually do not expect the dimwit dumschidt graham to learn ANYTHING from this latest example of demonrat tactics.
lindsey graham and john mcCain should both be replaced ASAP.
There seems to be no end of rinos willing to stab the Republican electorate in the back at EVERY possible chance they get?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You need a hobby

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Arbeit Macht Frei...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They will simply have to change the law to permit a straight up and down vote.

That's how it's done now. The issue is ending the debate/filibuster to get there.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How good is your math?

McCain
Graham
Collins
Murkowski

Your math is wrong. They can afford 2 defections which would make it 50/50 and Pence would break the tie.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.