Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 30338
That's my plan as well. If I hit two points for something other than sheep, something has gone wrong.

You old farts should live a little.

I had two sheep tags= 1 nice ram. A goat tag=not so big, a moose tag=a cow, and a 201 elk tag= a 343 bull.Killed plenty of antelope and mulies

Other than a bear,which I don't want, I can't think of any thing else .I do have a good Whitetail ML buck hunt late this year.

As a Colorado resident all my life, this state has been very good to me over the years, in terms of draw:

1 bull moose tag, one bull moose
Numerous elk tags for both cow and bull, lots of elk ended up in the freezer
2 sheep tags, one for Desert bighorn, one for RM Bighorn, two rams taken
A handful of pronghorn tags, two taken with bow
2 black bear, both with bow
1 mountain lion, with bow
Too many mule deer and whitetail tags to recount.
A half dozen wild turkeys

Hopefully as I indicated earlier, this year's draw will yield another pronghorn tag and a whitetail tag. In spite of the liberal politics of this state, it still offers up some great hunting opportunities!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
BP-B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It was pretty good to me also Bighorn.I only ran out of years.Quit with the sheep and goat as I'm too old to hunt like that.I put in for the RFW cow moose because I figured they were not ever going to give me a bull moose tag when I could still get out and do it.
It was a hell of a run though while it lasted

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/03/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I should get my cow tag, have a 50-50 chance on my buck tag, didn't put in for 'lopes and really have no idea where to go since I've never hunted them but will have 3 points after this for them... and if I draw my cow tag getting an OTC archery either sex tag.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have 8 elk and 5 deer points and 10 years to use them. Not giving them $40 apiece for more points that are essentially meaningless for top tier units due to point creep. I've hunted Colorado many times and hope to again, but not this year. Good luck to all you guys in the draw!

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just got mine done!

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by colorado bob
KC---mailed my moose application today. Unit 28 bull--rifle. Bob

Bob, if you draw I will come help with the pack out.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Applied for a unit 61 3rd season cow tag which I might draw, a unit 31 buck tag which I should draw, a Moose tag with 3+13 which would surprise the heck out of me if I drew it, and a doe pronghorn tag which I won't draw. I will also hunt a B list cow just for fun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds good to me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Realized this AM that I had not submitted mine. Applied for my usual private land either-sex elk tag, first rifle. Usually a guaranteed draw. If it's not, I will be out there with my cameras, anyway. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
didn't put in for 'lopes and really have no idea where to go since I've never hunted them but will have 3 points after this for them...

Taco:

Today is the last day to apply. Put in for A-M-111-O1-R. That's East of Simla, to Limon between highway 24, and highway 94, and highway 71. You should draw with 2 points. You won't see any huge B&C bucks but you'll probably come home with a nice representative buck. Send me a PM and I'll give you the info on landowners who will let you hunt.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a little bit over 2K sent to Colorado seconds ago.

Just to get 5 points....Of course I get a lot of it back but damn !!!!!!

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
$935 for me, get some back as I applied for preference points for sheep, goats, moose, and pronghorn.
Elk up north as first choice, 50% chance of success, archery down south as second choice, might be time to chase wapiti with a bow and a good buddy!
Deer out east with another friend and it should be a good year.
I had 11 pref points, going to have 12, for antelope, need ot figure out what to do with them and find a great buck.
I usually head to WY and chase the speed goats, as they're too much fun!
Good luck to all,
Jon

Keep Smiling
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JonS
..... might be time to chase wapiti with a bow and a good buddy!

You're bringing a buddy? Sheesh! grin

Good luck Jon.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just put in for preference points on everything and then put in some late season draws within 50 miles of here. There was also a new season for the whole month of December for doe antelope out by Limon, so I put in for that after the PP.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My oldest son, who usually waits til the last minute on things, did as expected again , but he did apply for his E/S archery elk tag last night. He is 24 and his little brother is 21. I've waited most of their lives to hunt elk with them . There will be five of us going in on horseback the first week of September. I'm pretty pumped and so are they.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do it as long as you can BigPine. Old man time catches us all in the end.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's my intent. I have friends that have been going for 30 years. I kept putting them off because I wanted to go with my boys for our first time , but I went two years ago when they were both in School and I thought it would be several more years before they had the time and funds. I'll be 53 this month , so I should have it in me for quite awhile yet.Hopefully

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BigPine
That's my intent. I have friends that have been going for 30 years. I kept putting them off because I wanted to go with my boys for our first time , but I went two years ago when they were both in School and I thought it would be several more years before they had the time and funds. I'll be 53 this month , so I should have it in me for quite awhile yet.Hopefully

53, just a youngster.I'm still going at 73. A lot slower and it is close to coming to an end though.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,758
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.