Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by tzone
Not Minneapolis but what good are facts when you hate a state so much. Right?

Do tell...what part of Minneapolis is in Anoka Co?
Got nuthin' to do with hate - has everything to do with FACTS.. And the facts is, MN is the welfare state of the Midwest. You know it and I know it..
The welfare in this state is ridiculous. It's a burden on the working folks, and rewards the lazy. No question about it.

This was once a place I had pride in. There are many, many beautiful areas. And many I take for granted, but I can't afford to live here much longer.

Retirement will be TN or SD most likely.
Huh.. Thought you LOVED livin' there in that seven-county metro area.. smile

But I hear ya re: retirement.. Nancy's quitting at 62 - then we're OUTTA here... It'll be SD, then winter in AZ.. Mebbe we can be neighbors in that Rapid City area, eh? laugh laugh
Redneck-seriously? Tom's been looking for a way out of here for years and has openly talked about it here many times.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Not Minneapolis but what good are facts when you hate a state so much. Right?

Do tell...what part of Minneapolis is in Anoka Co?
Got nuthin' to do with hate - has everything to do with FACTS.. And the facts is, MN is the welfare state of the Midwest. You know it and I know it..
The welfare in this state is ridiculous. It's a burden on the working folks, and rewards the lazy. No question about it.

This was once a place I had pride in. There are many, many beautiful areas. And many I take for granted, but I can't afford to live here much longer.

Huh.. Thought you LOVED livin' there in that seven-county metro area.. smile

But I hear ya re: retirement.. Nancy's quitting at 62 - then we're OUTTA here... It'll be SD, then winter in AZ.. Mebbe we can be neighbors in that Rapid City area, eh? laugh laugh
Redneck-seriously? Tom's been looking for a way out of here for years and has openly talked about it here many times.
Yep - but I can't fathom why he then continues to defend that state... I don't get it.

And (seriously) there's only TWO things I hate about MN.. The Queens - and that it's located between me and the Dakotas..

The rest - I just laugh at.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm about 2 miles from not being in Anoka Co so I'm well out of the chit hole. Well out of the area where this story took place.

BTW...WI has PLENTY of welfare hand outs.

True dat, you here in MN gots more. Besides that, WI has Scott Walker, a governor with a set of balls and a vision to make WI a better place.

Oh, and we have the Packers too.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

You'd be welcome in ID too.

How the income tax in ID? That's kinda my starting point.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by Seafire

Charge: Fridley mother of 8 rang up $118K in welfare fraud in 1½ years

Also, school records for their children listed Ismail as living with Dualeh, as did 10 bank accounts,

Wonder how many other scams they had going??

Jerry

And...how many others are running. You know she didn't come up with that on her own.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep - but I can't fathom why he then continues to defend that state... I don't get it.

And (seriously) there's only TWO things I hate about MN.. The Queens - and that it's located between me and the Dakotas..

The rest - I just laugh at.. laugh laugh

Lets face it. The politics in this state are beyond screwed up. Al Frankin is a Senator for Chrissakes. I have no use for most of the "R's" here either. Except Kurt Daudt, he keeps crazy eyes on "stroke watch" because he won't give in to his B.S.

Why do I defend it? Because I live here. It's where my family is, it's where I grew up. And I work here. I have a great job I worked my ass off to get. I worked 3 jobs to pay for school so I didn't have debt, I went to college here. Then I moved to WI for work. Busted my ass there on jobs I could tolerate until I could get experience to have one like I do now. I'm trying my hardest to retire from it because I love my job, but this state is making it hard for me.

I'll be here for 6 more years until my kids graduate HS. There are great schools here. My kids attend them and are doing very well. My daughter takes college courses in mechanical engineering ...she's in 8th grade. She's in high school sports and continues a 4.2GPA. My son is a great kid, gets great grades 3.8GPA, captain of his football team, wrestler, baseball player, fishin fool, deer hunting crazy and works his lawn mowing "business" to pay for his cell phone. I'm doing fine here...

I'm just a redneck kid that grew up in the woods of northern MN, fishing, hunting, drinking beer in the back of my truck bed, racing cars on Friday night and chasing girls, constantly. It's a beautiful state if you get out of the city. I'd take St. Paul ANY day over the chithole Madison or Milwaukee. But like here, the rest of the state is beautiful. You can have Minneapolis though. I have no use for it.

So when someone seafire goes out of their way to find only the bad things of this state, yeah, I defend it.

And lets face it...you love the Vikings. You talk about the Vikings more than the Vikings.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 338Rem
I'm about 2 miles from not being in Anoka Co so I'm well out of the chit hole. Well out of the area where this story took place.

True dat, you here in MN gots more. Besides that, WI has Scott Walker, a governor with a set of balls and a vision to make WI a better place.

Then why are you here?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Then why are you here?

Thats your best comeback? Stick to hockey.
Everybody has to live somewhere. When the time comes, I will move back to the motherland.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's no different from what goes on in my home state on a constant basis, and has been going on for the last 50 years.

The real shameful part isn't that they're defrauding the welfare system because, let's face it, 99% of the welfare recipients out there would pull the exact same scam if they were smart enough to think of it. The real shameful part is that the government has set up a system that will pay that kind of money to a single mother. They're focusing on the father actually being in the house, the part that bothers me more is the fact that if he wasn't there the government would have no problem with paying someone $85K a year for babysitting. Who in their right mind thinks a single mother should be able to collect $85K of taxpayer money a year for child care?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's no different from what goes on in my home state on a constant basis, and has been going on for the last 50 years.

The real shameful part isn't that they're defrauding the welfare system because, let's face it, 99% of the welfare recipients out there would pull the exact same scam if they were smart enough to think of it. The real shameful part is that the government has set up a system that will pay that kind of money to a single mother. They're focusing on the father actually being in the house, the part that bothers me more is the fact that if he wasn't there the government would have no problem with paying someone $85K a year for babysitting. Who in their right mind thinks a single mother should be able to collect $85K of taxpayer money a year for child care?

Ding, Ding, Ding. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Hit the nail on the head.

But the Vikings do suck! grin

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How do You get a 4.2 GPA? A 4.0 is straight A's

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by Seafire

Charge: Fridley mother of 8 rang up $118K in welfare fraud in 1½ years

Also, school records for their children listed Ismail as living with Dualeh, as did 10 bank accounts,

Wonder how many other scams they had going??

Jerry

And...how many others are running. You know she didn't come up with that on her own.

I'd bet that the 10 bank accounts are for check kiting or money laundering.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by boatammo
How do You get a 4.2 GPA? A 4.0 is straight A's

AP and IB classes are graded on a 5 point scale, so outstanding students can earn GPAs greater than 4.0.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up in Minnesota. As much as I enjoyed back then I will probably never move back because of taxes and the government.

Years ago I was in Iowa and spent time helping low income people. They were always moving to Minnesota because of the welfare benefits.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
493 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.