Campfire Regular

+1000 on Rock Auto.

http://www.rockauto.com/

- Rogue
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 325Abn
. She's blind as a bat at night so every little bit helps.

I had that problem really bad. The eye doctor prescribed high does of vitamin A. What an improvement!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I drive a 2000 Blazer for work and hunting...The lights weren't great so I purchased a full set of housings...Headlight, turn signal/fog and taillights.

Kept the factory bulbs in everything but the headlights. I put LED's in there. A world of difference...Even with the light smoke headlights.

I'm thinking, with the technology of today, LED is where it's at. Halogen is great, HID is brighter than the ones I have in there...But they have a bit of a "warmup" time and sometimes don't fire at all.

God said "Let there Be light" and there was light.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
PLEASE - tell me that you ALL took the time to aim these replacement headlights properly!
Mis-aimed headlights literally blind us poor blue-eyed folks!
We blue-eyed folk tend to be WAY more light sensitive than others - and mis-aimed headlights hurt! I personally wish the authorities would ban the "blue" lights.

When you replace a headlight - they are not necessarily aimed properly.

Last edited by mark shubert; 03/29/17.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mark shubert
PLEASE - tell me that you ALL took the time to aim these replacement headlights properly!
We blue-eyed folk tend to be WAY more light sensitive than others - and mis-aimed headlights hurt! I personally wish the authorities would ban the "blue" lights.

I'll add my own sentiment to this. If you are one of them that has the bright blueish lights that are blinding whether on brights or dims, I sincerely wish you get a good look at the cow/elk/horse/guardrail you hopefully plow into.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by mark shubert

I'll add my own sentiment to this. If you are one of them that has the bright blueish lights that are blinding whether on brights or dims, I sincerely wish you get a good look at the cow/elk/horse/guardrail you hopefully plow into.

My sentiments exactly. Tired of being blinded by the damn things.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My low beams are aimed properly, as are the fog lights. Obviously, the high beams and auxiliary lights are aimed for maximum coverage, and I won't use them if there's a chance of blinding someone. There is always the occasional numbnuts that won't dip their lights, or have the cheap blue HID's that scatter light everywhere. I'm not afraid to demonstrate my displeasure by giving them a dose of their own medicine.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Asides from people blinking lights at me, how would I know if the light are aimd properly? Always wondered that.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pull up to the garage door at night turn light on, low and then high

see where the spotlight is, adjust accordingly.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Are those stock replacements or upgrades? Any recommendations for a 2000 F250? I see a lot on Ebay and know they are the same part for 99 to 2004.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Not stock. Gt them from rock auto. Ive gotten a few parts from them. They always fit. What I meant was not oem, probably not an upgrade.

Last edited by Snake River Marksman; 03/29/17.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just ordered some LED bulbs for my 98 Tahoe.

Tired of the HID's. Use my high beams alot, which are factory Halogens. Every time I flip them off the HID's come on when they feel like it. I'm done with them.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Are those stock replacements or upgrades? Any recommendations for a 2000 F250? I see a lot on Ebay and know they are the same part for 99 to 2004.

I got my replacements offa ebay. Great upgrade over factory....

[Linked Image]

and if you really wanna 'light up the night', grab one of those high-powered led lightbars.....

[Linked Image]

A remote HID spotlight can't hurt to have....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntsman22; 03/29/17.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I got my replacements offa ebay. Great upgrade over factory....

[Linked Image]

and if you really wanna 'light up the night', grab one of those high-powered led lightbars.....

[Linked Image]

A remote HID spotlight can't hurt to have....

[Linked Image]

That's similar to what I was looking at. Did yours come with bulbs? Did you upgrade the bulbs from stock?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it came with regular bulbs and a HID kit. The HID kit has no installation directions and neither me, or my mechanic, could figure out how to hook-up the HID bulbs. So standard they remain.....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
it came with regular bulbs and a HID kit. The HID kit has no installation directions and neither me, or my mechanic, could figure out how to hook-up the HID bulbs. So standard they remain.....

Thanks. I did a little research on the HID bulbs and I think there is a converter or relay needed to make them work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks. I did a little research on the HID bulbs and I think there is a converter or relay needed to make them work.

They need a ballast and an igniter, sometimes those components are combined in one unit. Resistors or bulb out warning cancellers are also required on certain vehicles that actively monitor bulb status to avoid headlight out warnings on the dash.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.