Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
sherm_61,

You're going to have to help me out here...Wedge fire, 2003?

I don't recall any fires that were 186K in 2003, IIRC, the largest was the little Salmon Complex at about 88K.

Don't want to "guess", like most here are forced to do.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Buzz, can you try to be a bit more condescending?

Wilderness has two meanings.

Wilderness has always meant wild, unimproved land. It hasn't been long that the definition has turned into what you refer to wilderness as.

I speak of the first definition.

As I said, there are deal breakers. Your little golden boy senator vote for gun control?

Did he vote to confirm the last SC justice? Deal breaker. You can keep him. My senator is Cruz. I'll keep him.

Good for Don Jr. Did he buy the membership, or did you guys send him one to add his name to the roster? laugh

Yeah, I know the definition is confusing for you, its only been around since 1964...

As to Tester, he gets an "A-" rating from the NRA, so no, he doesn't vote for gun control. He's from Montana, a farmer.

Matter of fact, he grew up about 10 miles from where my buddy and I killed these 2 deer:

[Linked Image]

I wish Tester was my Senator, he's damn good for sportsmen and the 2nd...and public lands, and responsible for getting wolves delisted in MT and ID.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Designated Wilderness" is what happens when you have a democrat controlled congress.

"National Monument" is what happens when you have a liberal, greenie president, but no backing from congress, and want to take the land away from multiple use anyway.

I'm familiar with the process.

That's why Trump issued the executive order today.

Does the NRA give grades on politicians anymore?

Harry Reid had a pretty good one from them. Doesn't make him a conservative. Doesn't even make him a good guy. It just made him someone that took money from the other side to stay in office.

I'm sure glad nobody is denying, and you even acknowledge where the lions share of BHA money comes from. That's commendable.

You clock out yet, or are you drawing time and half? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=BuzzHYeah, I know the definition is confusing for you, its only been around since 1964...

As to Tester, he gets an "A-" rating from the NRA, so no, he doesn't vote for gun control. He's from Montana, a farmer.

Matter of fact, he grew up about 10 miles from where my buddy and I killed these 2 deer:

I wish Tester was my Senator, he's damn good for sportsmen and the 2nd...and public lands, and responsible for getting wolves delisted in MT and ID.

[/quote] Tester voted for enhanced background checks after Sandy Hook, Just like chuck schumer
That fat bastard would need a hand to climb onto his daddy's tractor, farmer my ass
A degree in music from great falls and a short career as a music teacher

I wish he were your senator as well.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
"Designated Wilderness" is what happens when you have a democrat controlled congress.

"National Monument" is what happens when you have a liberal, greenie president, but no backing from congress, and want to take the land away from multiple use anyway.

I'm familiar with the process.

You clock out yet, or are you drawing time and half? whistle

Rockinbbar, do you ever research anything before you spout crap?

The 1964 act had about as much bi-partisan support as one can get:

The final bill passed the Senate, 73-12, on April 9, 1963, and the House of Representatives, 373-1, on July 30, 1964.

As to when I "clocked off", while none of your business,...Tueday...at 6:00 pm, after working 9 straight 10+ hour days, thanks for asking. I reckon I'll be working for free another 10 before the end of the week.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Buzz the total acreage I'm referring to I believe was the wedge in 2003 it was the big Creek drainage it basically completely burnt and the fire about 5 years later made the total around the 186,000 acre.basicall those 2 fires were 1, they burnt together. If Tester wanted to change all this he could have when the Democrats had control of the white house senate and house but he sat on the fence and didnt. Same thing with the wolf never once did I here him say that what the eviros were doing by all the litigation it was wrong

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/26/17.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not once did I hear Tester publically say that let the states manage the wolf he just sat on the fence. Say what you want the wolf has had a big impact on our deer and elk herds especially the moose. We have to many bears and predators period. Take a look at the Yellowstone elk herd I remember before the so call reintroduction of the wolf there were 2,000 cow permits now none

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In 1992 there were wolves already here in N.W montana I saw them and new where there dens were. What is now the lost trail refugee, when it was the R Lost trail ranch was were they were an ole rancher on the other side Bob Monk finally shot one because he got tired of them getting in his cows before the feds would admit to them here. So no true reintroduction they were already here it just sounded better to the city folk

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/26/17.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dave, as far as state/local control, what I'm saying is, the state delegation should have a say, Unlike Utah. And not all state delegations are against more wilderness.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a say? No, pole, should be veto power AND approval by Congress.

Buzzard and Sherm,

The fires up the North Fork were Roberts and Wedge, there's been so many up there and so much burned, I can't flipping remember any more. The 2001 fire was the Moose, that nuked Big Creek all the way to the old ranger station at the bottom, then R and W, plus Doris, Stanton etc etc in 2003.

Last year, there was a NEW fire in the Roberts burn, unsalvaged. My logging buddies made a lot of money trying to put that one out, one which should never have happened at that scale except it was never salvaged because of the Greens.
Red Meadow fire was the first biggie in 1988, super hot, jumped the North Fork river, all these fires, left to rot not just on the Park side (which is okay, it's a park) but to rot and burn again on the "multiple use" side.

Just an outrageous waste of habitat that could have been kept through logging and salvage, waste of millions of trees, all for the fetish that all forest fires are "natural" and therefore beneficial.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
150 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 673, 18 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.