-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a bunch of unwarranted drama on everyone involved's part as far as I could tell.

Pathetic but not surprising in today's world.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by jaguartx
L
Originally Posted by rost495
How was he wrong if she was on board with what is not permitted? Stupid? Maybe. Wrong? DOn't see that.

Who permitted her to get on board with what she got on board with?

Every time i board a plane they got the folks working for the airline i am flying check my boarding pass and size of carry on and then they wave me on?

If she got crap that aint allowed on, why de hail did they wave her on?
Who said they waved her on. She was just inside the "front door".... that takes just a second, and she may have been dragging the attendant with her...

I"m going out on a limb and say as hysterical as she was, there is still stuff out there none of us may ever know...
They didn't have to wave her on, strollers are allowed on AA flights. I imagine the crying started when a stew who choose to show his azzhole side was mean to her and her babies. He might have injured her a bit ripping the stroller away. I think that's why the guy on the plane wanted to rearrange his face for him. He's seen the chit the stew did and was ready to stand up for it. Losers on here only want to blame the woman. Figures.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
face it. This was just another engineered 'event'. What a neat trick. You want Company X stock to tank for your own benefit, just stage an event, and let it 'go viral'. The rubes will believe any stupid thing they see on YouTube, or the 24HourCampFire. lol

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Vek
Top three stupid claims made so far by posters:

"she shouldn't be on the plane with two small children in the first place"

"strollers must be checked at the ticket counter!"

"follow the rules!"

The situation was being sorted out, exactly where a stroller situation is usually sorted out when kids are less than 2yo: at the plane door. We've put strollers overhead; we've had helpful crew stash them elsewhere in the cabin, we've left them at the plane door; we've checked them at the ticket counter when the kids get old enough to walk through the terminal. None of this is unusual.

It is unusual to instruct a mom to look for overhead storage, and then rip it away, doing harm, when said storage is not available. It is unusual to do anything but gently explain the fate of the stroller to the woman, using a smartphone translator if needed. "Your item will be located on the passenger loading ramp when you arrive" translates to "Uw item wordt bij de aankomst op de passagier laadoprit geplaatst" in Dutch, in less than a second on my phone. It is apparent from the body language of the various crew and gate agents, that gentle explanation is outside of their capability.

This^^^. Bins were full and they were put out having to deal with her. Now, had she been AA..... whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
face it. This was just another engineered 'event'. What a neat trick. You want Company X stock to tank for your own benefit, just stage an event, and let it 'go viral'. The rubes will believe any stupid thing they see on YouTube, or the 24HourCampFire. lol

Let us know when you load up on stock and how much, Mann. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Let us know when you load up on stock and how much, Mann. grin
He just needs his meds adjusted and he'll be fine.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't believe a guy would act that way towards a woman and child. Pretty f'ed up, regardless of why. 99% of passengers only fly a handful of times in their lives.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Modern progressive christian gentleman. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
For all three his "Home of the free and land of the brave" crap it has been my observation that the average American white person puts up with and is a lot more supportive of casual authoritarianism than most people in the rest of the world.

I suspect that being a foreigner, she was completely unaccustomed to the casual brutality that passes for customer service in this country.

THIS.

Had a friend from Argentina also that was staying with me. Flew out early the next morning and was caught in a very slow security line. Got to the gate before departure but after they had closed the door down the ramp. The plane sat there for at least 15 minutes after he arrived at the gate, but they refused to board him. He went ballistic. That sort of thing wouldn't necessarily happen in Argentina. This is a guy that flies regularly to Europe, China, SE Asia and Africa for business. Always first or business class and he was floored with the airline's treatment of him. In Argentina, they would've allowed him to board. I would dare say, based on my travels to South America, flight crew would not treat a woman as this man appeared to treat her.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I wasn't surprised by the stew and his actions. I was appalled that the captain did not step in quicker, take control and get things settled quicker.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I was appalled that the captain did not step in quicker, take control and get things settled quicker.

THIS. He has ABSOLUTE command. He should have stepped in, neutralized the situation by ordering the steward to stand down and speak with the woman. As stated previously, there are no deviations from the rules aboard, but this was one hell of a goat rope and in the end, the CAPTAIN holds responsibility AND accountability.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The bullchit protection that the flight crew enjoys should not be applicable until the aircraft has pushed back. Some short little prick doesn't get to assault a passenger with immunity.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have flown all over the world with my two small children. My 3 year old has been to 19 different countries. My 13 month old has been to 6. Plus travel within the USA.

Traveling alone with kids sucks and should be avoided if possible IMO. Sometimes that is your only option.

The stroller situation is a crap shoot. Sometimes it gets checked with the luggage but most times it is gate checked. Sometimes at the counter and sometimes at the plane. My unit it too big for the overhead.

Traveling with kids within the US is tough enough. Traveling internationally takes it to a whole new level. Try to keep a 2 year old entertained for a 14+ hour flight while trying to respect all the other paying passengers that cringe to know there is a kid on the same flight.

Point is the passenger/parent needed to roll with the situation. Follow the instructions of the crew (even if they are idiots) and move to your assigned seats. That said, a little grace and a helping hand from the crew would have gone a long way.

The goal is no drama, just get yourself and the kids seated as efficiently as possible. Most of the time the stroller will get where you are going just like your luggage.

Semper Fi

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.