24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: New explosions! gunswizard 1 minute ago
As long as our politicians and the military industrial complex are making millions/billions we'll never see an end to senseless foreign wars.
15 1,135 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 260 Rem or 7-08 Rem....Why would you pick one over the other? Boarmaster123 2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Teal
Of the 2. 7-08 because it's what I have. I like it much in a Montana. I doubt I'd feel much difference in a 260 on the same platform but the ability to go heavy on bullets, should I want is nice in the 284 offering.

If I was to do it over tho - 6.5 Creedmoor. Ultimate easy button when comparing/looking at/working with a S/A, medium game killer where high BC bullets (or not) can be used (or not).
This. And I love my 7mm08. Starting over 6.5 cm is how I would go.
65 5,924 more...
Re: Compulsory Home Sales Paul_M 5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rem shooter
I think the communist did something like this after there oct 1917 revolution in Russia .I read about it in history books and seen it in the Doctor Zhivago movie . communist are still communist ,even if they change their name to liberals or democrats
It was definitely in Doctor Zhivago. But was real, too, as was everything else that was depicted in the movie.
Except in the movie as in real life, they just took peoples property.
When they force someone to "sell" their house to the government it won't be at a fair market price, it will be less and they probably won't be given the actual cash, just a government credit that can be applied at some scummy housing project.
Then when the government becomes so broke they can't even afford to honor the credit those people are owed, that's when they will just start taking what they want.

20 1,094 more...
IC B2
Re: IDF strikes Iran Crash_Pad 5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Now- - - -"rinse and repeat"- - - -every day for about a month. "Shock and awe" Israeli style.
The Israelis had to make a muscle, puff out their chest. They know better than doing anything more. Try forming an actual opinion instead of regurgitating what Mama Bird vomits down your throat.
65 4,755 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Converting Savage 110 bolt face help nick 5 minutes ago
I know there are easier ways to go about this, and I'm not trying to build a custom prize winning target rifle. Just something to play with, maybe a year from now change again.
Other than availability, what I'm most confused about is whether or not my 110 is a long or short action. Then what bolt head do I need. When I see a 223 head listed, whether in stock or not, it usually has a "SA" in description which I assume means short action. But then looking at specs may say fits 10 and 110.
I'm probably over-thinking this, just don't want to order wrong parts. It looks fairly easy to swap parts and adjust firing pin depth.
I'm old and retired so I got time to tinker.
9 540 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: For Sale - Tikka T3 6.5x55 Swede cisco1 6 minutes ago
I must second what rick said !
5 504 more...
Re: GOOD GUY LIST Pdubya76 6 minutes ago
I bought a like new pro chrono from SKane . He was super ready to deal with and described the item perfectly. Great guy to do business with.
16,889 57,264,297 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? JoeBob 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m not going to question Israel’s right to self defense, but if I were Palestinian I might be tempted to question who and what gave the British the right to give anything to the European Jews.

The Palestinians and Arabs have every reason to regard Israel as a modern incarnation of the Crusader States. In total, those lasted about 200 years and were in constant warfare. When Europe got tired if supporting them with money and manpower, they went away. The same will happen with Israel.
Nobody gave anybody anything.

That land was returned to the original owners. Read their covenant in the Bible. I know, you probably don't believe the Bible, thus the root of the problem. Speculation vs. Revelation...

"Palestinians" are a conglomerate of Jordanians, and Arabs from allover, not a historical country per se.

Those people are toxic. The Jordanians, Egyptians, Saudi's, other Arab countries don't want them, as a big influx would likely topple the govt. of the country receiving them.

This basic conflict is as old as history.

So, as we bring more and more here, you get what you see at lib colleges like Columbia, Harvard and what you see in Michigan. Look what's happening in Europe.

Yeah, they toxic. The Democrat Party is making a big mistake catering to a slim but noisy minority. Well, that may not all be bad. Go Brandon.

DF

Actually, I do believe the Bible. That’s why I know these so-called Jews are not God’s chosen people and that you are being deceived. The Church is God’s chosen people.
360 22,741 more...
Re: Does Advertising Work on You bpas105 8 minutes ago
The world would be much better off without any marketing departments.
35 1,101 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Looking for bolt action .22 LR cisco1 9 minutes ago
HA HA HAAA
23 1,302 more...
IC B3
Re: For Sale - Tikka T3 6.5x55 Swede rick1977 9 minutes ago
1st time on stock, 1st on bedding...I say congratulations! U did an outstanding job. My story n I'm sticking to it! Beautiful!
5 504 more...
Re: New explosions! BillyGoatGruff 9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DMc
Seeing this headline gave me pause. Why would Iran have a military base in Iraq? After a minute I thought, well we have bases all over the world. Does Israel have military bases outside of Israel? Anyone know?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Besides Epstein’s island?
15 1,135 more...
Re: Does Advertising Work on You Stickfight 10 minutes ago
Advertising works on everyone. No one thinks it works on them, only everyone else, but it works on everyone.

It is often not intended to sell the product being advertised but even then it works.
35 1,101 more...
Re: Magnetospeed,Sporter Barrel-Mounted Ballistics Chronograph Kit jhedg 10 minutes ago
btt
4 393 more...
Re: Hornady 130 grain .277 bulk bullets scottf270 13 minutes ago
5 764 more...
Re: WTS- Sightron S1, 1.75-5x32G2 Houser52 14 minutes ago
TTT
12 978 more...
Re: Insect pest control: Do you live in the South? Boarmaster123 16 minutes ago
I use Ortho. Been using it the last 20 years or so. About every two months I spray around the base boards and in the back of kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
Garage as well.

Many years ago when I bought my first house in the south I had a company that came once a month. After watching what they did I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth paying for.

I live in Southwest Florida so its bug city. I occasionally see a dead bug but never a live one. Except those tiny sugar ants
They pop up once in a few years. I have some bait I put out and they disappear in a few days. Bugs in the South are a reality. Took me sometime to get used to them.
41 2,805 more...
Re: New explosions! CashisKing 17 minutes ago
The Muslim WILL retaliate.

Retaliations will be against soft targets...

Europe and America have millions of soft targets...
15 1,135 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" simonkenton7 18 minutes ago
Insane Liberals, letting their children turn in to furries.

It is hard to tell a real news story from the Babylon Bee.
26 1,431 more...
Re: FS: 2-Vortex 3-9x50 crossfire 2 straightwall reticle scopes Full3r 19 minutes ago
SPF
6 362 more...
Re: FS: NEW RAVIN 100 YARD ILLUMINATED 450 SCOPE flyphishr 20 minutes ago
^^^^^^^
20 1,926 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Brown Precision stocks John55 21 minutes ago
Thanks for the info. It seems like getting a stock blank is becoming about as much trouble as a barrel blank these days.
2 231 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fish question maggie 22 minutes ago
Fishing the Kenai, mid Sept. I was thinking we had gotten around 30#s of fillets from a 1/2 dozen fish, but thought maybe I was a little high for an estimate. Sounds like maybe it was close, thanks for the replies.
You know me too well Mike, we are playing guide again this trip, wife's cousin and husband this time. If you have time, maybe you can guide us to good pizza and beer. smile
Can't believe how much prices have gone up since we were last up, cars, rooms, charters, all have basically doubled, some more-so. Trying to come up with some different plans this trip, to keep costs down, thought maybe two days fishing the river and skipping the sea charter would save some $ and still get us home with a 50# fish box.
5 491 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? Teal 22 minutes ago
WFH, I got a pile of 1911s in the office, couple ARs and shotguns etc.
28 1,249 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: NightForce SHV scottf270 22 minutes ago
If the Helos mil version will ever get in off the ship, I'd like to try one.
45 5,949 more...
Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 98 99
AX24

340 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 222ND, 36 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,188
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.