24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Peeling Potatoes cra1948 04/19/24
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
I only peel potatoes if their skins are greenish to get rid of the toxin, otherwise I like them intact.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Although I ate a lot of the green stuff before I learned it would kill you.
42 2,631 more...
Re: Do You Believe the Earth is 6000 Years Old? Idaho_Shooter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Idaho_Shooter,

Apparently you don't understand "prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."
Yes Rich, I understand it well.
I heard all about it in Sabbath School as a tyke.
The days are coming when your religion will be outlawed. You will be persecuted, jailed, and even murdered for the practice thereof.
Do not resist the .gov agents. Go along quietly to your .gov meted punishment as the Christians met the lions in the arenas. Know that you shall receive your reward in Heaven.
I said I heard it, I did not say I believed it.

Yet, I have not seen anyone in America executed, or even jailed for meeting in a church, or a home, or even discretely praying over a meal in school or other public place.

You have not kept up with some school programs.

Rich, please identify a situation where one was jailed or executed for meeting in a church, or a home, or even discretely praying over a meal in school or other public place.
495 34,356 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Bushnell 4200 Elite 4-16x40 Japan made boatammo 04/19/24
TTT
15 1,594 more...
IC B2
Re: Parking Lots Are Dangerous. Valsdad 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Heym06
Backed in or pulled through is good, until the next guy pulls so close you can’t open the trunk, or canopy to load what you purchased. Back up cameras are a blessing.
I try to leave the back end of the truck, the stinger for the trailer hitch and such, over the line into the spot behind me. Keeps the buggers from pulling up too close. grin

Honestly, sometimes I just have to pull forward to get stuff into the truck or on the rack.

There's a camera on the RAV4, I tend to use the mirrors mostly and use the camera for the final approach backing up to walls and other vehicles and such.
45 3,214 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The Elmer Fudd Society arises from the ‘Fire! Farmall140 04/19/24
I found a box of 200 gr round nose partitions in a box of reloading stuff I was given. Can I use those out of my JC Higgins 50 for this? The Higgins has a compass in the stock for added guidance
271 36,257 more...
Re: Is faith without works dead…? Tyrone 04/19/24
Keep in mind that "works" can be as simple as doing nothing beyond praying. Think of someone who's totally bedridden.
73 4,070 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot cra1948 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A trip to a big store like HD or Lowes for me involves a 25-30 mile round trip, so 1.5-2 gallons of gas, plus my time. Add to that the uncertainty about what’s actually in stock, and the difficulty of getting someone, anyone, on the phone that can and will help, and online with free shipping is a good bet. Same goes for the shotshells I buy on a regular basis. Last ones I bought locally, an even longer trip, were $100 a case. I can almost always get them cheaper and dropped on my porch to boot. I’ve done very well buying parts for my truck on Amazon, and they know what I drive and offer the correct stuff, every time so far.

Exactly.. I buy local whenever I can, but Amazon saves me a lot of bux due to not having to drive to a Home Depot (20 miles one way) not to mention the price of fuel and depreciation.. Shipping is free and they have a 'fulfillment' depot within 25 miles.. Often items arrive next day. I had to order a new printer yesterday, and it'll be here tomorrow.. Same price as the HP store but I get it faster and with free shipping....

And when you shop at HD or Lowes you're not really shopping "local." Yeah, they've got some local people working there, but so do FEDEX, UPS and UDPS.
36 2,023 more...
Re: Well! Yesterday was an adventure! Stormin_Norman 04/19/24
Well that sucks, but at least you are around to talk about it.
49 3,313 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Idaho_Shooter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Kenwin
Not sure about their laws, but it’s not dark out. A headlight out at that time of day shouldn’t matter.

Also, the cop replies “good job, you’re going to jail.” Talk about unprofessional.

That right there is your stereotypical cop on a power trip. What a loser.
Even in backwards Idaho, you can get a faulty equipment ticket for a headlight in broad daylight. Usually it is a fix-it ticket. Show the judge a receipt for parts or repair, and he tosses the ticket.

At least that is the way it was the last time I saw my buddy get one.
387 26,122 more...
Re: Its meme time SAA357 04/19/24
Rikki, don't lose that number.
78,146 14,621,361 more...
IC B3
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 bsa1917hunter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, this was a stainless/walnut version from the factory? I don't recall a blued LH 338 offered.

It's stamped "classic sporter", so it's not a stainless version.
18 1,601 more...
Re: Well! Yesterday was an adventure! Valsdad 04/19/24
Dude,

that sucks.

Tell the other dude not to do that anymore.

Hope everything tunrs out welll
49 3,313 more...
Re: Amazon vs Home Depot cra1948 04/19/24
Honestly, unless I need something right now (which I try to avoid) it makes a lot more sense for me to just order it online when I'm sitting here thinking about it than it does to go start up the truck and spend an hour or more of my life driving back and forth to the store, looking around the store, and putting up with all the bullschitt that cranky old bastards like myself hate just to save a few bucks.

The strategy mentioned above of shopping stuff online then waiting a few days for them to start making offers, and offering discounts is a good way to take advantage of the fact that they track all your activities. I spent a couple of days shopping for a pair of shoes to wear to the stepson's graduation next month, then let it rest a couple of days. Today I got a pop up add from the shoe company I was most interested in offering a one day sale....I saved $75 on a pair of shoes.
36 2,023 more...
The Lefty Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Heads up LH M70 .338 $599 bsa1917hunter 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by TW0817
This one’s in route to Iowa currently. I had called about it within 15 minutes of the store opening. The gun clerk said the phone rang off the hook all day about it.

Besides the cerakote and the magna porting, be interested to see if you find any other custom touches when it arrives. When I looked at the pictures, it had "sleeper" written all other it. Seems previous owner may have been very understated in their upgrades.

The only thing it really needs is a good glass bedding job. With the work that has been done to it, I'd assume they also did that as well. Or at least I'd hope they did.
18 1,601 more...
Re: leupold 4.5-14x50 mk4 ART Ridge250 04/19/24
The mil moa reticle left
7 655 more...
Re: Swarovski 12x50 binos Ridge250 04/19/24
Obo
2 489 more...
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Idaho_Shooter 04/19/24
The questions which have not been asked:

How did Dad get there so soon?

Did Daughter call Dad as soon as blue lights popped on?

Did Dad say, "Don't worry Honey. I will be right there."?

Was her phone on the entire time with Dad listening?

Did this cop have a reputation around town around town for abuse?

Did Daughter recognize Cop and relay that information to Dad?

Was Cop fired up because Daughter failed to immediately pull over to the side of the road, opting instead to drive a block or two to the store with cameras?

Hell, my wife would be hard pressed to get her license out of the "black hole" that is her purse in 90 seconds if I asked her for it. My youngest daughter at 40 years of age could not pick her license out of a stack of similar cards on the table if confronted by a Cop.

Some people, many young girls, freeze up with fear when confronted. Especially sweet young girls that have never misbehaved in their life. They deserve to not be treated like a hood rat who has spent her entire life evading and working around the law.

The cop was entirely out of line. There was no need to escalate the situation as he did.

Let's not forget, that by the time he approached that car, he had run the plate. He knew who owned it. He knew who was driving it. And he knew the criminal history of anyone associated with the car. He most likely had a copy of the girl's DL showing on the screen of the computer in the passenger seat, as well as insurance status of the vehicle. At least that is SOP for cops around here.

He has had his chance at retraining. It obviously did not take. I am sure the town has a garbage service of some kind. The Jerk can spend the rest of his life riding a garbage truck, escalating confrontations with garbage cans.
387 26,122 more...
Re: Rem 700 6.5 CM by Kampfeld d500lnn 04/19/24
Nice rifle.
35 2,602 more...
Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Valsdad 04/19/24
Gotta watch the damn Golden Knights.............Stone is skating again. Just in time for the playoffs. wink wink.
20 1,098 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Suppressor E-Forms Approval 69sportfury 04/19/24
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Coyote10
I guarantee you guys that in a few years you'll go in and just buy one. Maybe not California, but I bet that'll happen. I think Texas is fixing to be OTC or maybe already is?
Are you saying Texans won't need to send anything to ATF?

Don't quote me, but I believe currently or at least a proposal was that cans manufactured in Texas and that were maintained/kept in Texas had some loop hole introduced to avoid the 200 stamp.
32 2,833 more...
Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs Valsdad 04/19/24
Originally Posted by granitestate1
What it really comes down to is the team with least amount of players missing from injury or playing with injuries, has the best chance of winning the cup.
Mostly this ^^^^
20 1,098 more...
Re: Lying Biden at it again (still) bsa1917hunter 04/19/24
The stupid sob is always lying and making up stories. Much the same as any delusional mother fu cker would.

41 2,843 more...
Re: WTS - Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hiker size 8.5M Davelefty 04/19/24
Sold thank you
4 456 more...
Re: Winchester 94AE 30-30 Pre-safety spence1875 04/19/24
Btt
13 1,500 more...
Re: Benelli M1 Super 90 12 g, 28" New, $850 shipped spence1875 04/19/24
Btt
15 973 more...
Page 470 of 601 1 2 468 469 470 471 472 600 601
AX24

465 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.